A-Z of football quizzes - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

A-Z of football quizzes

I'm making 16-answer quizzes for each letter of the alphabet* and uploading one each weekday until I'm finished. You can find them here:

https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/nach0king/a-z-of-football

Right now we're up to L.

I'd be interested in any feedback. I'm trying to make it so that:

i) a casual football fan can get at least a few answers right

ii) someone who isn't into football (as some Sporcle users are) can get one or two

iii) even obscure answers can sometimes be achieved via some lateral thinking, or process of elimination

iv) while the quizzes give some bias towards the Premier League - since they're in English, this makes sense - you'll be served better with some European and indeed global football knowledge

v) despite all the above, you need to be a serious football fanatic to get 16/16

*I may combine X and Y. Q and Z are no problem - I've already started drafting them and will easily manage them - but X is likely to be a bridge too far. So... it might be 25 quizzes instead of 26.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

M:

France Word Cup winner Zinedine Zidane was sent off in the 2006 World Cup Final for headbutting an opponent on the chest. Who was the opponent?

Materazzi, Marco

EOho8Pw.png

Really they're better known as Xamax, but it's Neuchatel Xamax.

This also wasn't how I envisioned the thread going :P

That could be your X question.

I love quizzes and football trivia.

*insert signature here*

That could be your X question.

I love quizzes and football trivia.

I've written 10 of my X questions so far, and I think that's all I'll be able to do. Xamax is one of them, of course.

EOho8Pw.png

R

On Sunday 9th June Scotland women will play England at the world cup

On 18th November 1972 the first ever womens international match between these two countries took place at which stadium ?

Ravenscraig.

Archived