Morton Club Together Updates - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

I'm delighted to announce that the Morton Club Together team will be hosting an 'Ask Me Anything' event on the Forum tomorrow night between 8 and 9. They'll be answering all and any questions you have about the new scheme, so feel free to leave your questions here ahead of tomorrow. 

In the event that a person chooses to pledge an amount of money to the MCT group, what would be the primary objective of the fundraising?

In the event that the MCT group acquires shares in the club, who will be the legal owners of the shares? Will this be the person(s) who pledged funds to the MCT, or would it be the MCT themselves? If so, what form will this take?

In the event that MCT become the legal owners of an equitable stake in Morton FC as a result of funds raised via pledges, will those pledging monies become shareholders or stakeholders in MCT? If so, what form will this take?

Who will be the person legally responsible and liable for MCT? Will they be elected?

What type of legal entity will Morton Club Together take the form of?

In the event of a person(s) who are unhappy with MCT at a later date, for whatever reason, can they take their money back? This is an important point as several GMST 'loan note' holders have expressed unhappiness in recent times.

What differentiates MCT from GMST? Isn't it the same thing rebranded?

Edited by capitanus
  • Upvote 1

*insert signature here*

Do any of these 'celebrity' ex-Morton players who have publicly voiced their support for the MCT know or understand much more about this scheme/idea/proposal/organisation than the rest of us?

Edit to add:

The one that springs to mind is this one: https://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/17641196.morton-legends-throw-their-weight-behind-an-ambitious-fan-ownership-bid/

For those who remember him playing, he is a much loved and revered person, but to take him at face value he comes across as clueless, and not the kind of person to be dispensing advice on what Morton supporters should or shouldn't do with their hard earned cash.

Edited by capitanus

*insert signature here*

There are persistent rumours of other outside investors buying into Morton, over and above the plan for MCT to take a 15% shareholding. In the event this happens before MCT is in a position to purchase shares, will fundraising continue with the aim of still purchasing that stake?

My personal opinion would be that it should - having the fans in a position to fundraise is vital preparation in case something goes wrong in the future so we’re ready to respond, and with that in mind I’d favour continuing to raise money and build up the cash reserves even in the event the hypothetical new owner said they wouldn’t sell, so there’d be money thereready to invest whenever the situation changes.

I appreciate this is hypothetical so you don’t necessarily have an answer for all scenarios, but whether fundraising would continue in a situation like the above would ultimately be a matter for all pledgers to decide. With that in mind, are you able to give any clarity on what the decision making structure of MCT would be when it comes to getting the views/a vote of members, or give an indication of when you’ll be able to reveal that?

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Do you have to meet the £400k target for the scheme to be viable? If not what is the target you need to reach that will allow you to go ahead with your plans?

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I’m interested to know who, other than Graham McLennan is involved in MCT.

There’s a lot of mistrust from the support, rightly or wrongly, towards the GMST and it’s clear that this project is far too big for one person to be running alone.

I’m not questioning Mr. McLennan’s intentions, but it seems strange that the posterboy for this project is a guy that after about 30 years of watching Morton, I’ve never come across until the last couple of weeks.

Who else is involved, in what roles, and why until now has their identity not been revealed?

I’m yet to commit to MCT, and remain unconvinced that it’s a good idea to commit whilst this is a secret.

Do MCT have ambitions of boardroom representation, like the GMST previously had? If so, who? I’d be reluctant to contribute to a body to find myself being represented by someone like Danny Goodwin or Scott Gillan for example.

What happens when £400k is reached and invested/given to the club? Is it next project, next batch of fundraising? Can MCT members have a say on what the next level of investment will be for?

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

How is it decided where the £400k goes? Obviously Crawford was saying the other day it’d go directly to the manager, but that that doesn't mean Hopkin would just get it added to the transfer kitty. Who would have the final say on where it went?

There’s a lot of mistrust from the support, rightly or wrongly, towards the GMST and it’s clear that this project is far too big for one person to be running alone.

I’m not questioning Mr. McLennan’s intentions, but it seems strange that the posterboy for this project is a guy that after about 30 years of watching Morton, I’ve never come across until the last couple of weeks.

Who else is involved, in what roles, and why until now has their identity not been revealed?

I’m yet to commit to MCT, and remain unconvinced that it’s a good idea to commit whilst this is a secret.

Do MCT have ambitions of boardroom representation, like the GMST previously had? If so, who? I’d be reluctant to contribute to a body to find myself being represented by someone like Danny Goodwin or Scott Gillan for example.

Second paragraph - rightly mistrust them. Horrible, outdated organisation.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Will a “terms and conditions” type of document be issued to everyone expressing an interest in signing up? Ideally this would also outline what’s being done with the money, who is involved in the decision making “committee etc. Basically everything we’d need to know to make an informed decision to pledge our money to MCT.

Your website states that if you raise £400k, Crawford will 'consider, recommending' to GC that they formally write off the £2.5m. I'm not sure if it is actually possible for that to be any less of a commitment to do anything at all. He hasn't even said he will recommend it, just he will consider recommending it.

So, what does this actually mean is my question?

You state without raising a high pledge total you have no strong proposition to affect anything, however if they would just actually tell us in black and white "raise £400k and the debt goes away" I'm sure you'll see an influx of pledges, myself included.

There's obviously other question around what exactly Crawford was talking about at the Q&A when he, in most peoples eyes, already wrote the debt off, but that's a question for him not MCT.

• Upvote 1

I want a pretentious signature too.

What’s wrong with Scott Gillan?

What’s wrong with Scott Gillan?

I wouldn’t want him or Danny Goodwin to be in any sort of position within the club that they could be offering advice or making decisions. They’re not the only two, but good examples of Morton fans that you wouldn’t allow to run a ménage.

• Upvote 2

I doubt they'll be near it

I doubt it too, certainly hope not, but it begs the question, who is? And why don’t we know about their identity yet? A bit of transparency isn’t too much to ask.

The 79 thing ruined folks views on GMST

I

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."