The Beer Thread - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Beer Thread

TheGoon

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could easily see him at any of Dundee, Ross County, St Mirren, Hamilton...

I could see Dundee signing him to help get them out of the Championship and then offering him squad player status if they go back up. It would be a very good signing for them. Regardless of what has went on, I'd still be asking him if he'd be open to staying and making him an offer for next season. 

Getting sick of the shade cast on Peroni quite frankly. A fine beverage.

Peroni is a run of the mill lager that makes the Gourock-drinking folk feel special about themselves. It's essentially Grey Goose for 50 year old 'your generation just don't work hard enough' tradesmen who pay £4.50 a pint just so they can drink out of those daft pint glasses that are about 3 feet tall. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

I do enjoy a Corona but the bottle has to be absolutely freezing cold, I don't think I've ever tried Estrella.

As said above, Estrella is cracking. Definitely get it in the Wllow and I think the Jimmy Watt, unsure where else round here.

As said above, Estrella is cracking. Definitely get it in the Wllow and I think the Jimmy Watt, unsure where else round here.

Estrella is on draught in 1808. It's a good pint. Peroni is bang average and it's hilarious that people would pay and extra £1 for it over Tennents.

Estrella is on draught in 1808. It's a good pint. Peroni is bang average and it's hilarious that people would pay and extra £1 for it over Tennents.

Tennents can be rank depending on where you get it though. Freezing cold on a sunny day you’ll struggle to beat it, but many better options out there imo.

(closes account)

Corona is a Mexican beer, which means it's designed to be drunk freezing cold, from a bottle, in hot weather. In that context it serves its purpose.

Most of the big Mexican lagers are much of a muchness. For my money Sol is a better bog-standard Mexican lager, as is Dos Equis Lager. I know you get the former in the UK but not sure about the latter. Pretty sure you don't get, Carta Blanca, Estrella Jalisco,  the fine Pacifico, or the awful Tecate. Modelo I've seen in various Wetherspoons - it's the posh version of Corona. But realistically all of these are very similar and unless it's actively bad (e.g. Tecate) they are fine hot weather lagers.

But the best Mexican beer is Victoria, a dark lager which I'm not sure is available in the UK. Other dark lagers include Dos Equis Ambar and the excellent Bohemia.

EOho8Pw.png

Peroni is a run of the mill lager that makes the Gourock-drinking folk feel special about themselves. It's essentially Grey Goose for 50 year old 'your generation just don't work hard enough' tradesmen who pay £4.50 a pint just so they can drink out of those daft pint glasses that are about 3 feet tall.

Imdeed. It's not so much Peroni itself, it's the people who are seen to drink it.

AWMSC

Imdeed. It's not so much Peroni itself, it's the people who are seen to drink it.

Aye. The sort of cunts who will go into the bank and request £50 notes just to take to the pub with them. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Choosing imported lager from a country that doesn't grow the key ingredients and themselves view Tennents Special as an upmarket and sophisticated drink is a schoolboy error. The correct choices come from Czechia, Germany or (for different types of beer) Belgium if you can find them; if not, small Scottish breweries are now imitating those styles very well - Harvieston's 'Schiehallion' lager for example is glorious in pint and still good even in bottled form.  

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Staropramen is still only the Czech equivalent of Carling.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Staropramen is still only the Czech equivalent of Carling.

My foreign beer knowledge extends to that and Thailand’s favourite Chang at the minute I’m afraid. I’ll get there.

Choosing imported lager from a country that doesn't grow the key ingredients and themselves view Tennents Special as an upmarket and sophisticated drink is a schoolboy error. The correct choices come from Czechia, Germany or (for different types of beer) Belgium if you can find them; if not, small Scottish breweries are now imitating those styles very well - Harvieston's 'Schiehallion' lager for example is glorious in pint and still good even in bottled form.

When you grow up you’ll drink wine.

Archived