Johansson's Future - Page 23 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Johansson's Future

Admin

Johansson's Future  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think should happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal
  2. 2. What do you think will happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've got to love Johansson saying that he's got to make decisions that might not please the fans. What he doesn't seem to realise is that if he was actually winning games of football then fans wouldn't care anywhere near as much about his tough decisions.

Saying you need to make tough decisions that won't please the fans while at the same time those same decisions are failing to pick up three points every week is pathetic.

Aye, it's not like we're looking organised or anything on the park but just don't have the quality. Alloa this season and Brechin before weren't great teams but the did what they could with their squads while we've actually got a decent squad and don't look the part at all.

Triming/ managing budget and keeping an eye on the age of the sqaud is just part and parcel of being a manager. To use it as an excuse (unless it's being done to an extreme which it clearly isn't given that he's brought in players including an unnecessary 3rd keeper) is a bit ridiculous.

Aye, it's not like we're looking organised or anything on the park but just don't have the quality. Alloa this season and Brechin before weren't great teams but the did what they could with their squads while we've actually got a decent squad and don't look the part at all.

Triming/ managing budget and keeping an eye on the age of the sqaud is just part and parcel of being a manager. To use it as an excuse (unless it's being done to an extreme which it clearly isn't given that he's brought in players including an unnecessary 3rd keeper) is a bit ridiculous.

Also he's not exactly trimmed the budget this season as all out high earners are still at the club, so he's using the excuse of having to trim the budget next season as an excuse for this season's results. If he can't win games with this budget what chance has he got with less budget next year. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

You've got to love Johansson saying that he's got to make decisions that might not please the fans. What he doesn't seem to realise is that if he was actually winning games of football then fans wouldn't care anywhere near as much about his tough decisions.

Saying you need to make tough decisions that won't please the fans while at the same time those same decisions are failing to pick up three points every week is pathetic.

For ' care anywhere near as much', substitute 'wouldn't give a toss' and your post is spot on.

If by any remote chance the new signings turned us into a winning team finishing the season with a flourish rather than the dismal finishes of the last two seasons all this would be largely forgotten because all we all want is to see our team winning.

Manchester Cityesque style football would be wonderful too, or the Scottish Championship equivalent, but maybe we will have to wait for that.

Just a thought, but is this what McKinnon was on about when he said that it would all come out in the wash and that it would be the club that the fans would be pointing the finger at.

Was speaking to someone ITK recently and they said McKinnon CLAIMED that he was physically threatened by the Easdales (not about playing their boy). The person said that he didn't believe it but that is what RM was claiming happened.

https://purefitbaw.com/2019/02/11/jonatan-johansson-at-morton-where-has-it-all-gone-wrong/

I see TheGoon has been all over this for some website I’d never heard of.

Only thing I’d really disagree with is the last bit about how there’s no reason why Morton can’t be one of the small clubs competing in the Premiership- there’s so many reasons, but I dare say his sentiment is correct, though not his wording in that case.

Was speaking to someone ITK recently and they said McKinnon CLAIMED that he was physically threatened by the Easdales (not about playing their boy). The person said that he didn't believe it but that is what RM was claiming happened.

Sounds like utter bullshit, tbh.

https://purefitbaw.com/2019/02/11/jonatan-johansson-at-morton-where-has-it-all-gone-wrong/

I see TheGoon has been all over this for some website I’d never heard of.

Only thing I’d really disagree with is the last bit about how there’s no reason why Morton can’t be one of the small clubs competing in the Premiership- there’s so many reasons, but I dare say his sentiment is correct, though not his wording in that case.

I see your point, the latter is probably a dissertation in itself though.

Still seems to be a group of people that think he should be allowed to build a team completely in his image, but the same folk also talk about how small the budget is?

Maybe he was about to start driving taxis in Inverclyde?

Aye?

Wish they would physically threaten Johansson if that's the case.

*** I don't condone physical violence against anyone. No Johansson's were hurt in the making of this post.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Aye?

Obviously anyone can come online and post a lot of s***e but the person 100% knows Ray and had no reason to tell me any lies. They aren't connected to Morton and made it clear that they didn't believe what RM had told him, saying he thinks it was more money and a bigger springboard that attracted McKinnon.

Obviously anyone can come online and post a lot of s***e but the person 100% knows Ray and had no reason to tell me any lies. They aren't connected to Morton and made it clear that they didn't believe what RM had told him, saying he thinks it was more money and a bigger springboard that attracted McKinnon.

Aye, but a panel has literally just called McKinnon out for being a lying, untrustworthy snake. Anything coming out his mouth should be disregarded.

Aye, but a panel has literally just called McKinnon out for being a lying, untrustworthy snake. Anything coming out his mouth should be disregarded.

100% and thats what the person believed as well. My point was originally that Ray's justification was going to be that the Easdale's physically threatened him. It had nothing to do with budgets etc.

I see your point, the latter is probably a dissertation in itself though.

Still seems to be a group of people that think he should be allowed to build a team completely in his image, but the same folk also talk about how small the budget is?

It was a criticism of the club rather than of your article, might not have come across that way.

Archived