Johansson's Future - Page 22 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Johansson's Future

Admin

Johansson's Future  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think should happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal
  2. 2. What do you think will happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal

I think it's an accumulation. I don't even lay it purely at JJ's feet he's just the latest in a long line of poor appointments in poor seasons of a long-suffering poor football club.

If we hadn't been s***e for 30 years I don't think people would be so venomous about him. Me included. I hope he turns things around I just don't see it happening.

That is actually worth posting twice!

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whole youth set up bit is a sham.

Motherwell are seeing the fruits of their system as a result of actually properly investing in their system then loaning players for benefit.

Hence the likes of Hastie Turnbull cadden Campbell and even MacLean.

We are absolutely gambling while chancing out arm on loan signings.

As soon as he says “sustainable” you can just hear Iron Man in the background.

We are claiming McKinnon cost us signings which would indicate he would going to bolster his squad yet a near three weeks later the board want the squad trimmed and a focus on our Hamilton esc youth policy.

Something far from right.

Just a thought, but is this what McKinnon was on about when he said that it would all come out in the wash and that it would be the club that the fans would be pointing the finger at.

Was actually thinking that but flip side, it looks like he was given permission to sign rudden. Who knows. As per usual, sponsored silence at cappielow.

Having read that article and him saying he wants younger pacier players and then the bit at the bottom about upsetting fans then it sounds a like he's talking about Tidser.

The only youths he's given a chance outside of reece lyon a couple of times is other team's youths.

He's a charlatan and the board are a bunch of lying cowards who fleeced fans out of money with false promises. The silence from anyone at the top is absolutely deafening.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

.If you were to talk worse managers in our history, he would be getting close to a place amongst them.

I’ve always maintained that in the Rae era Grady has been the worst. Various managers have had a range of bizarre tactics, tombola team selections and dogmatic approaches to certain players or styles of play, but they all at least had some kind of tactical approach. Even if it was one I couldn’t see any sense in it had to be preferable to Grady, who didn’t even know what tactics were and clearly gave no advice to players before each game beyond ‘flat 4-4-2 today lads’.

I’ve now realised it absolutely can be worse. Johansson clearly is capable of analysing what’s gone wrong in a game going by his interviews when he first took over (he has of course now stopped doing this, preferring to criticise individuals every week to deflect attention from himself) but when it comes to actually getting through to players he’s every bit as clueless as Grady. We’d be better off with Grady’s no instructions flat 4-4-2 every week, we might be less likely to descend into a shapeless mess than we are wth a different formation out a hat every two or three games where Johansson has blatantly failed to make clear to any player what's expected of them in the system.

Ultimately we did stay up under Grady despite his obvious incompetence, by virtue of the head to head record against the sides beneath us. Against Airdrie he won 3, lost 1, against Ayr he won 2, lost 1 with Irons already having beaten them before he took over. If Johansson is going to get until the end of the season, we need to put away the teams below us consistently.

Against Dunfermline he’s drawn twice and been pumped away, agajnst Alloa he’s been beaten twice (after McKinnon defeated them). He’s got two wins v Partick and a win & draw v Falkirk. We’ve only won 5 games under him and three of them came against a Partick side in the midst of a run of only 1 win in 15, and a Falkirk side who were down to 10 men and had lost 7 out of 8 going into it.

If we even draw all our remaining games against them, never mind losing, we’re finishing bottom. We simply aren’t going to get enough wins if we can’t beat them.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

To think that some Morton fans are not only buying into TTGJ's deflection and whataboutery - the only form of tactics he's offered since arriving at the club - but are still trying to interpret the 'real reason' behind a proven liar, unreliable witness and all-round King Snake leaving for more money and a better chance of career progression.

This gormless attitude is why we can't ever have nice things. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Whole youth set up bit is a sham.

Motherwell are seeing the fruits of their system as a result of actually properly investing in their system then loaning players for benefit.

Hence the likes of Hastie Turnbull cadden Campbell and even MacLean.

We are absolutely gambling while chancing out arm on loan signings.

Motherwell have been a top flight club for fully thirty years and can therefore afford to invest 'properly' in such a system. The foolish error that Iron Man as well as previous club flunkeys before him have made is to think that a second tier club with no external backing can cut corners, join in after about two dozen other clubs have set up their own youth models and get anything better than utter mediocrity as its output. 

'Chancing our arm on loan signings' - combined with actually looking and scouting abroad to find quality players for this level - is the only rational approach as opposed to the pipe dream of achieving youth-based sustainability. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Against Dunfermline he’s drawn twice and been pumped away, agajnst Alloa he’s been beaten twice (after McKinnon defeated them). He’s got two wins v Partick and a win & draw v Falkirk. We’ve only won 5 games under him and three of them came against a Partick side in the midst of a run of only 1 win in 15, and a Falkirk side who were down to 10 men and had lost 7 out of 8 going into it.

The first half in that game was absolutely dreadful, I'd maybe even say it's the worst performance of the lot given how bad Falkirk were. If we'd turned that in against anybody else in the league we'd have been a few goals down at half-time.

AWMSC

Saturday's match is absolutely crucial now. We will have had three weeks to work with our new players and to decide what formation works best.

Get a decent performance and result and even at this stage we could be looking to get a play off place at the top. A poor performance and result and we are very much in danger of a play off place at the bottom, or worse.

I’ve always maintained that in the Rae era Grady has been the worst. Various managers have had a range of bizarre tactics, tombola team selections and dogmatic approaches to certain players or styles of play, but they all at least had some kind of tactical approach. Even if it was one I couldn’t see any sense in it had to be preferable to Grady, who didn’t even know what tactics were and clearly gave no advice to players before each game beyond ‘flat 4-4-2 today lads’.

I’ve now realised it absolutely can be worse. Johansson clearly is capable of analysing what’s gone wrong in a game going by his interviews when he first took over (he has of course now stopped doing this, preferring to criticise individuals every week to deflect attention from himself) but when it comes to actually getting through to players he’s every bit as clueless as Grady. We’d be better off with Grady’s no instructions flat 4-4-2 every week, we might be less likely to descend into a shapeless mess than we are wth a different formation out a hat every two or three games where Johansson has blatantly failed to make clear to any player what's expected of them in the system.

Ultimately we did stay up under Grady despite his obvious incompetence, by virtue of the head to head record against the sides beneath us. Against Airdrie he won 3, lost 1, against Ayr he won 2, lost 1 with Irons already having beaten them before he took over. If Johansson is going to get until the end of the season, we need to put away the teams below us consistently.

If we even draw all our remaining games against them, never mind losing, we’re finishing bottom. We simply aren’t going to get enough wins if we can’t beat them.

Would agree with all that, fecking depressing!

Looking at their win rates;

Grady - 30%

Johansson - 27%

With Partick and Falkirk improving as we all expected, we are in potential soapy bubble! 3 out of our next 4 games are at home.  ( can't see us getting anything in Inverness)

We need to be looking for 6/7 points from those 3 home games and if we get that, we should be at least safe.

If its 0/1/2, we are fecked and firmly in a relegation battle!

Would agree with all that, fecking depressing!

Looking at their win rates;

Grady - 30%

Johansson - 27%

With Partick and Falkirk improving as we all expected, we are in potential soapy bubble! 3 out of our next 4 games are at home. ( can't see us getting anything in Inverness)

We need to be looking for 6/7 points from those 3 home games and if we get that, we should be at least safe.

If its 0/1/2, we are fecked and firmly in a relegation battle!

Thankfully Falkirk's game between now and the trip to Cappielow is against Dundee Utd so it's unlikely the game against us will be the one that takes them above us.

You've got to love Johansson saying that he's got to make decisions that might not please the fans. What he doesn't seem to realise is that if he was actually winning games of football then fans wouldn't care anywhere near as much about his tough decisions.

Saying you need to make tough decisions that won't please the fans while at the same time those same decisions are failing to pick up three points every week is pathetic. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Archived