SPFL Clubs to Vote - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

SPFL Clubs to Vote

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grangemouth fans now 'doing a Sevco' on Pie and Bovril with threats of boycotting clubs that vote to keep them in the seaside leagues where they belong next season. You hate to see it happen.

It's good to see them playing up to their role as the heel of the seaside leagues. Which is where they will stay. Hahahaha

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Grangemouth fans now 'doing a Sevco' on Pie and Bovril with threats of boycotting clubs that vote to keep them in the seaside leagues where they belong next season. You hate to see it happen.

They've been boycotting games against us all season anyway, not an issue.

Dundee announced a few days ago that, as part of their business interruption insurance claim, they would look to reimburse season ticket holders for cancelled games. I suppose it depends on the details of Morton's policy if season ticket holders will get anything back or not.

Suggestion from Partick fan on P&B that they just stop the season and promote the top 2 from each division but relegate.. no one. Because that's more fair. Not just saying that cos Partick fan btw IT'S FAIR.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Suggestion from Partick fan on P&B that they just stop the season and promote the top 2 from each division but relegate.. no one. Because that's more fair. Not just saying that cos Partick fan btw IT'S FAIR.

They have a point. But the alternative is funnier.

They have a point. But the alternative is funnier.

There's no completely fair outcome. Promoting Falkirk would be no more fair than relegating Partick Thistle. Indeed, up to this point in the season, Thistle are closer to deserving relegation than Falkirk are to deserving promotion.

Think about it, Falkirk were denied a play off place in 2001 and promotion in 2003 because they didn't adhere to the rules and nearly 20 years on, they're still whining about the injustice of it all.

We'll hear about this forever and a day. And I for one cannot wait :).

There's no completely fair outcome. Promoting Falkirk would be no more fair than relegating Partick Thistle. Indeed, up to this point in the season, Thistle are closer to deserving relegation than Falkirk are to deserving promotion.

Personally I think there should be minimum detriment, which at least means no relegation for teams not yet relegated. No relegation and temporary league reconstruction. Teams not being promoted don’t *lose* something that they have. Teams being relegated too. There might be unjust beneficiaries but that’s better I think than unjust relegation.

I also suspect that’s where we’ll end up to avoid Hearts, or Thistle maybe, challenging in court.

Hearts confirming that they will vote with Rangers against the proposal. Their statement is more measured right enough.

Still would take another 2 Premiership teams to vote it down.

Think about it, Falkirk were denied a play off place in 2001 and promotion in 2003 because they didn't adhere to the rules and nearly 20 years on, they're still whining about the injustice of it all.

We'll here about this forever and a day. And I for one cannot wait :).

Its fucking brilliant eh. I absolutely despise that club.

Fucked out of promotion 3 times in recent years but its NEVER their fault. So, so tasty.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Personally I think there should be minimum detriment, which at least means no relegation for teams not yet relegated. No relegation and temporary league reconstruction. Teams not being promoted don’t *lose* something that they have. Teams being relegated too. There might be unjust beneficiaries but that’s better I think than unjust relegation.

I also suspect that’s where we’ll end up to avoid Hearts, or Thistle maybe, challenging in court.

Why do Thistle (currently 5 points and 2 positions from automatic safety) deserve to be in the Championship more than Airdrie (currently 5 points and 2 positions from automatic promotion)? They both have exactly the same thing to gain or lose next season, i.e. a place in the Championship. They are in exactly the same position with regards to the fairness of their claim for next season.

To put it in perspective. We would have been denied promotion for being outside the top two if the season ended early in the 14/15 season. Brechin would have been saved from relegation from the Championship in the season that they failed to win a match. I don't think there's anything inherently fairer in saving a team from relegation than denying a team promotion. Teams looking to be promoted and looking to avoid relegation are playing for the same thing.

A simple a response this may be, but theres absolutely hee haw unjust about those coffee drinking luvvies being relegated. They're a horrible rabble.

Aware that this probably doesnt stand up in court, but that's not a battle that affects Morton.

GET THEM DOON

TIME FOR CHANGE!

A simple a response this may be, but theres absolutely hee haw unjust about those coffee drinking luvvies being relegated. They're a horrible rabble.

Aware that this probably doesnt stand up in court, but that's not a battle that affects Morton.

GET THEM DOON

Which reminds me - Scotland’s most senior judge is a Falkirk fan...

Why do Thistle (currently 5 points and 2 positions from automatic safety) deserve to be in the Championship more than Airdrie (currently 5 points and 2 positions from automatic promotion)? They both have exactly the same thing to gain or lose next season, i.e. a place in the Championship. They are in exactly the same position with regards to the fairness of their claim for next season.

To put it in perspective. We would have been denied promotion for being outside the top two if the season ended early in the 14/15 season. Brechin would have been saved from relegation from the Championship in the season that they failed to win a match. I don't think there's anything inherently fairer in saving a team from relegation than denying a team promotion. Teams looking to be promoted and looking to avoid relegation are playing for the same thing.

I would say possession is the difference where there are no straightforwardly fair answers.

I suspect you're right, and we'll see a 14 team Premiership.

My preference is anything the fucks up Partick and Falkirk. Litlle else really matters, although I'm vehemently against a 16 team Premiership that would see Ayr United promoted.

But what's the knock on effect of a 14 team Premiership? Do we move to 14-10-10-10? Or 14-10-10-8?

We're either looking at a 28 game League Two next season, a permanent 14-10-10-10 or two, possibly three teams being relegated out of the SPFL next season. And what about the knock on effect to the pyramid below the SPFL? There's enough going on below the SPFL next season with the West of Scotland League starting up and multiple conferences in place to sort out clubs' positions down there. We could end up with a logistical nightmare.

The current system isn't perfect, but considering the size of our country, I think it's about the best we can really do. I like that we have a relatively strong second tier and making leagues bigger just dilutes that.

I personally wouldn't be handing out titles- promote the team at the top, yes, but don't record them as champions. If it was Morton at the top of a table I'd be a bit embarrassed about being hailed as Champions. Clubs win titles, they aren't awarded them.

The best solution is to promote and relegate one per division. That it happens to upset Falkirk and Partick is just tough titty. Get doon.

Archived