Wayne Rooney - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Wayne Rooney

Tooth & Nail

heard about rooney's sending off on the radio - just jumped into the back of someone and elbowed him in the back of the head. if anyone finds any video clips of the sendings off i wouldn't mind seeing them :)

It was never a sending off :rolleyes: He jumped with the guy with his eyes genuinley on the ball and his arm just touched the guy on the face and the guy went down like he had been shot. As for scholes :o a flying tackle from behind :ph34r:

Guest MaxCliffordTon

Rooney

Aye, doesn't look that bad to be honest.

That was never a sending off. :huh:

That's a major problem for this season, following on from the WC; the amount of cheating in the major European leagues. If the Porto player was caught, he was only just caught. Also, Rooney and the Porto player only had eyes for the ball, so where was the intent??

Crazy piece of refereeing, too, for a friendly <_<

I wastched it on Sky Sports News last night and I agree with the people above who said it wasn't a sending off. Both players went up for the ball and Rooney, as he had his arms up to help him jump, just caught the guy on the face with his hand by accident. You could see there was no intent as he had eyes for the ball. Scholes on the other hand........

Of course that's a sending off, it's serious foul play. He is no-where near the ball, he shouldn't be doing that with his arm, it's a sending off. I don't think he meant to get the guy in the face, but his arm was aimed for the guy. It's the same as going in with the studs up with the intention of getting the ball, no matter your intentions, if you make contact with the guy you're off.

Rooney is too good a footballer for that to be a total accident. The guy has the same problem as McLaren though, if you mouth off to the ref for the whole game he isn't going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Guest MaxCliffordTon

Of course that's a sending off, it's serious foul play. He is no-where near the ball, he shouldn't be doing that with his arm, it's a sending off. I don't think he meant to get the guy in the face, but his arm was aimed for the guy. It's the same as going in with the studs up with the intention of getting the ball, no matter your intentions, if you make contact with the guy you're off.

Rooney is too good a footballer for that to be a total accident. The guy has the same problem as McLaren though, if you mouth off to the ref for the whole game he isn't going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Completely disagree - serious foul play!!??! There was no intent. You watch it again, and tell me he had his eyes on anything other than the ball. The ref totally overreacted; the actions of Pepe did not help either - what contact there was was limited. It is still a contact sport as far as I'm aware and people will have a habit of bumping into each other when they jump for the ball.

"Rooney is too good a footballer for that to be a total accident." Catch a grip, mate. So, he was watching the ball all along, but because he's such a brilliant player he managed to try to break the guys coupon whilst making it look like an accident! :lol:

You would do well to note that Pepe (the victim of the 'assault') popped up to score a blinder later in the game. He's some guy right enough, to be able to do that with a fractured cheekbone! :rolleyes:

Admittedly I've only seen the incident itself and didn't catch the game, but it didn't look like he mouthed off. If anything he smiled as he walked off, suggesting he couldn't quite believe it. Sure enough, Fergie's come out and backed him (not the same for Scholes, which was a bad challenge) and is hopeful that the card will be rescinded.

I, too, am hopeful of a successful appeal. Otherwise I'm going to have to change my Dream Team if Rooney gets suspended for 3 matches!! ;)

Completely disagree - serious foul play!!??! There was no intent. You watch it again, and tell me he had his eyes on anything other than the ball.

I hate when people say that, see if i keep my eye on the ball and volley someone in the nads at the same time, would i be sent off? :rolleyes:

Guest MaxCliffordTon

I hate when people say that, see if i keep my eye on the ball and volley someone in the nads at the same time, would i be sent off? :rolleyes:

:P

Why would you boot someone in the nads if you have your eye on the ball - remember football is played with one leather baw.......

In fairness, at least Rooney got a head on at least some of the ball.

For the record, I'm not defending the guy as a player - I think it was right that he should have been sent off for England. Making him out to be some monster, though, is not fair. Neither is refs making a name for themselves by dishing out cards left, right, and centre. We've all been there with McLaren in the past; some refs just can't help themselves. Last night was innocuous.

Completely disagree - serious foul play!!??! There was no intent. You watch it again, and tell me he had his eyes on anything other than the ball. The ref totally overreacted; the actions of Pepe did not help either - what contact there was was limited. It is still a contact sport as far as I'm aware and people will have a habit of bumping into each other when they jump for the ball.

"Rooney is too good a footballer for that to be a total accident." Catch a grip, mate. So, he was watching the ball all along, but because he's such a brilliant player he managed to try to break the guys coupon whilst making it look like an accident! :lol:

You would do well to note that Pepe (the victim of the 'assault') popped up to score a blinder later in the game. He's some guy right enough, to be able to do that with a fractured cheekbone! :rolleyes:

Admittedly I've only seen the incident itself and didn't catch the game, but it didn't look like he mouthed off. If anything he smiled as he walked off, suggesting he couldn't quite believe it. Sure enough, Fergie's come out and backed him (not the same for Scholes, which was a bad challenge) and is hopeful that the card will be rescinded.

I, too, am hopeful of a successful appeal. Otherwise I'm going to have to change my Dream Team if Rooney gets suspended for 3 matches!! ;)

I didn't say he mouthed off after the sending off (which he didn't, but he gave another 'for f*** sake ref' before it), i'm talking in general. The ref who sent him off at the WC admitted he was getting annoyed with Rooney constantly mouthing off at him.

There doesn't need to be intent, put it this way, it's a mistimed challenge with his arm into the guys face. And i'm not concerened whether the guy is injured or not, or what reaction he make, the challenge remains the same.

My point about Rooney is that he knew the player was there, he knew he was jumping with another guy. His awareness on a football pitch is far too good for him not to realise this. And when you realise this and still go in with your arm like this, no matter if you're trying to foul him or not, you're asking for trouble.

Archived