JJ and Houston GONE - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

JJ and Houston GONE

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we just give contracts to players another manager might not want?

They were happy enough to dish out contract offers to some of the squad last year before McKinnon was appointed. Who gives a **** if it triggers and extension, the boys a good player and JJ might have wanted him for next season. I’ve no idea if we have to offer him the same money he’s on for a new contract, but I highly doubt he’s a high earner given he was due to sign for ****ing Raith Rovers before McKinnon stepped in last summer so he wouldn’t have been demanding a high wage. Bring on a squad full of Dylan Dykes and the latest puppet in the dugout.

They were happy enough to dish out contract offers to some of the squad last year before McKinnon was appointed. Who gives a **** if it triggers and extension, the boys a good player and JJ might have wanted him for next season. I’ve no idea if we have to offer him the same money he’s on for a new contract, but I highly doubt he’s a high earner given he was due to sign for ****ing Raith Rovers before McKinnon stepped in last summer so he wouldn’t have been demanding a high wage. Bring on a squad full of Dylan Dykes and the latest puppet in the dugout.

JJ might not have been manager next season. That's the point. If he was going to go, and there's a very strong argument he should, then it should be up to the new boss to decide what the squad is not JJ or the board.

It was JJ who sighed Dykes, played him and then gave him a new contract.

Weird one. I'd have given telfer a new contract anyway.

If JJ and Houston have fucked off and we now dont have to pay them off then that's actually fantastic news.

Obviously the other side of the coin is that we dont think we can afford to pay Telfer next year, unless we were happy to bag the current management team which seems unlikely.

I want a pretentious signature too.

None of the players knew their future because we were apparently waiting to see where we finished in the league (also lies) so you could almost argue this was on the cards.

That's something else that says to me they were punting the two of them after today anyway.

Regardless of the reasons for it, this has turned into an absolutely glorious day.

There's been lots of circumstances where a board haven't let a player play because it would trigger a new contract. If they were trying to pick the team every week then sure I'd be worried, but wanting to give the next manager the chance to decide if he wants to keep someone who's probably a top earner and has flattered to deceive most of the season is only a good thing in the long run.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Telfer is on the bench. Could the contract extension be related to starts?

Is Telfer going to want to play at all tbf? Bit shite for him.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Davy wylie and mark Farrell (fitness guy) in charge. What a day

Thought it was the grounds man at first when I read that on Twitter. Was hoping he’d give us a loan of the pitch fork to begin the hounding of the board.

Archived