ton v dundee united - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

ton v dundee united

beetee

From what Houston said in the press my take on it is that they were told they couldn't play Telfer and "in the same breath" were getting sacked. It looks much better for them to cite their integrity as a reason for resigning than the fact that we were over the piece pretty poor under their stewardship. Does anyone know the situation re starts Vs appearances for Telfer? Did today count anyway?

Has 24 league starts, extension will have been 25!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flip side of Telfer, what if the new manager doesn’t want Tidser?

Who is making these decisions?

I feel for Telfer. He must feel like shit to be honest as he has been singled out as not worthy of a new deal and as a result the management team have walked due to wanting f to play him.

Telfer hasn’t been told he isn’t worthy of a new deal, we just want to give the new manger the option, instead of landing him with a player he may not want.

Telfer hasn’t been told he isn’t worthy of a new deal, we just want to give the new manger the option, instead of landing him with a player he may not want.

But a new manager will be landed with Dykes, Millar, McAllister and Buchanan.

The situation is a joke and should have been handled much better.

It’s perfectly acceptable director of football behaviour. Johansson walked off the job and shouldn’t be allowed to claim integrity. He let the players he had been managing all season down. A dud throughout and til the end.

he has been singled out as not worthy of a new deal

He hasn't really. There is absolutely nothing about worthiness in it or assessment of his contribution. He would have to be an imbecile to think that. OK, he might be a bit awkward about his involvement (none really though) in the manager leaving, but he has been in Football long enough to know what situations contracts can throw up.

The only one on that list who shouldn't be there is Dykes.

They all played 25 games during the season when the games mattered. If we needed to win yesterday to stay up I have absolutely no doubts they wouldn't have been told not to play Telfer.

It was a meaningless game which was going to be their final match in charge.

I do feel sorry for Telfer in this as he's been a regular lately and probably was looking forward to the clause coming in to play and having his future sorted out early but football is a cut throat world.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

The new manager wanting Telfer is a moot point, surely. It didn't look like Johansson was getting punted so there wouldn't have been a new manager.

Hope he does stay though, with a proper manager I think we'd have a right good player.

AWMSC

The new manager wanting Telfer is a moot point, surely. It didn't look like Johansson was getting punted so there wouldn't have been a new manager.

Houston said they were told that they weren't getting kept on past May so yesterday was going to be their last game regardless so either way there was always going to be a new manager, unless I've misunderstood what you meant?

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Hope he does stay though, with a proper manager I think we'd have a right good player.

There was 100% going to be a new manager.

Its not a given the 3 players who triggered extensions will stay...

They might still prefer to move on!

Its not a given the 3 players who triggered extensions will stay...

They might still prefer to move on!

Buchanan might not subscribe to the club's new haircut policy. *

* Not an actual thing. But if the club want rid in spite of the clauses, there are plenty of ways to engineer it.

We should have succession planning.

Buchanan might not subscribe to the club's new haircut policy. *

* Not an actual thing. But if the club want rid in spite of the clauses, there are plenty of ways to engineer it.

Buchannan, I thought I told you to trim those sideburns!

Archived