Morton v Arbroath - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton v Arbroath

TRVMP

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Danny ‘just as poor as Ramsbottom’ Rogers and Stephen ‘one of the worst defenders we’ve ever had; replace with some faceless regen right now’ putting in faultless displays at the heart of defence.

irnbru = the new Zhivago.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

How did Welsh look when he moved into the middle?

I gave him pelters last week and rightly so but today after the shuffle he looked decent, he won just about everything in the air and had a couple of decent blocks, thought he was a contender for MOM. Hopefully Hoppy persists with that back 3 coz it looked far more solid.

Decent, tidy, strong in the air, won a few tackles, kept it simple and didn’t really put a foot wrong. It’s where he should play.

Thought Jacobs did fine when moved out wide too. Certainly not his best position and not to be thought of as the solution for RB/RWB for the remainder of the season but he did okay.

Decent, tidy, strong in the air, won a few tackles, kept it simple and didn’t really put a foot wrong. It’s where he should play.

Thought Jacobs did fine when moved out wide too. Certainly not his best position and not to be thought of as the solution for RB/RWB for the remainder of the season but he did okay.

The question is why did McLean start in the first place?

Thought Welsh was probably man of the match, although Baird and Grant were also solid while Jacobs and Strapp also played well.

The whole defence and goalkeeper getting pass marks, when was the last time that happened?

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

We still lack any creativity in the final 3rd, Salkeld has plenty of running but no idea

If only we had a proven wide right option on the bench, one who's done well with us before and even played at a higher level...

EOho8Pw.png

Just read Hopkins after match reaction on the beeb pathetic

Morton manager David Hopkin: "We have a few experienced players but people forget how young much of our team is for budget reasons.

"We need to find a couple of players in their late 20s, but it was a great win."

I know Transfermarkt isn't the most accurate place in the world in terms of who is a senior squad member and who isn't, but it says the average age at Morton is 24.7. The average for the division as a whole is 25.2. Teams with a younger average include Dundee, Dunfermline, and QoS. The only teams with an average higher than 27 are the two part-time teams (and they, admittedly, have the smallest squads.)

I'm just not sure where he's going with this age thing. For one thing, he signed the squad, and I don't recall anyone clamoring for him to bring in guys like Adam Livingstone and Cameron Blues and Kalvin Orsi, who aren't late twenties. Or Robbie Muirhead, for that matter. 

He's not necessarily wrong that it would be good to have a bit of experience in the squad that isn't completely ancient, but maybe instead of signing four regens he could have saved the budget for one or two such players?

EOho8Pw.png

The only flaw in the inexperienced card is 'old-heads' like Chris M and Jim M have both been part of the problem this season. Maybe just sign a smaller better-balanced squad of 'quality' players rather than a bloated squad of ringers and has-beens.

The only flaw in the inexperienced card is 'old-heads' like Chris M and Jim M have both been part of the problem this season. Maybe just sign a smaller better-balanced squad of 'quality' players rather than a bloated squad of ringers and has-beens.

I think that's why he specified late twenties tbh.

EOho8Pw.png

Looked the part with Baird and Grant.

Looks like VT been making the correct call for a while.

A bit disappointed in Jim Mc issuing hold what we have got orders at 3 mins on the clock. Maybe he wanted to hold the lead and then build on it only problem is we stayed deep and made Arbroath look threatening while they were actually toothless.

Looked the part with Baird and Grant.

Looks like VT been making the correct call for a while.

A bit disappointed in Jim Mc issuing hold what we have got orders at 3 mins on the clock. Maybe he wanted to hold the lead and then build on it only problem is we stayed deep and made Arbroath look threatening while they were actually toothless.

Was that definitely what he was saying? I thought he was just telling everyone to keep their heads together and stay focused, particularly when we conceded 5 minutes after scoring last week.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived