Happy St. Patrick's Day - Page 2 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Happy St. Patrick's Day

capitanus

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best cooked breakfast I've ever had was cooked by a cafe in Galway. Observe perfection and apply its rules:

1AdcYf7.jpg

Eggs overcooked to the point of solidified yolks is FAR from perfect.

Two other items (one of which has been rendered unidentifiable) on that plate are overcooked and dried out.

Gregg would be disgusted by your plebian palate.

Two other items (one of which has been rendered unidentifiable) on that plate are overcooked and dried out.

I agree. What it’s really missing is a crescent of crisps.

And a side clump of cress...

The best cooked breakfast I've ever had was cooked by a cafe in Galway. Observe perfection and apply its rules:

1AdcYf7.jpg

No mushrooms or grilled tomatoes. I suppose that stodgy looking thing under the kerrygold portions is the Irish 'Potato Farl' which I've had before and isn't as nice as a our Potato Scone. The sausages look like they're Happy Shopper specials, and if those fried eggs were cooked any longer they'd be demanding Nelson Mandela's release.

You'd be better of with a bowl of Muesli.

*insert signature here*

2 Sausages

2 Bacon

2 Fried Egg

2 Tattie Scones

1 Slice of Toast, cut into triangles (buttered)

1 Slice of... slice

1 black pudding

50g of beans

1 mug of tea

Anyone who takes mushrooms or tomatoes with their breakfast is a beast.

Runny yolks have no place on a breakfast plate; if you want one of those then try the barely-cooked, peely-wally s***e that they serve up in a Wetherspoons. 

Nothing on the above plate is 'dried out' at all - that doesn't happen when you're cooking properly with quality ingredients. Clearly you're been thinking about your regular Wetherspoons order again but that's irrelevant to this discussion of a good cooked breakfast.

Next.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

No mushrooms or grilled tomatoes.

Both of which are completely unnecessary additions. 

I suppose that stodgy looking thing under the kerrygold portions is the Irish 'Potato Farl' which I've had before and isn't as nice as a our Potato Scone.

This is where you're wrong as this potato farl was leavened in some way - making it less dense and better at soaking up the flavours around it than the bog-standard potato scone. That some of the butter melted and seeped out of the packet raised the score of the farl and the breakfast as a whole to a new level. 

The sausages look like they're Happy Shopper specials, and if those fried eggs were cooked any longer they'd be demanding Nelson Mandela's release.

Nothing wrong at all with the quality of the meat; while the beastly obsession with runny yolks has already been dealt with. Next. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

^^^Absolute guff.

^^^ 757z468_1536907962_Wetherspoon-chairman-

I've never eaten breakfast in a pub.

I don't drink alcohol.

Unsurprisingly, you're wrong again.

The (brick hard) yolks on you.

So you've chosen to take issue with the only credible behaviour from the image - thereby accepting that you're a Brexit-voting gammon with a mullet who keeps his victims in the back of his white Transit van. 

Thanks for playing anyway. 

So you've chosen to take issue with the only credible behaviour from the image - thereby accepting that you're a Brexit-voting gammon with a mullet who keeps his victims in the back of his white Transit van.

Thanks for playing anyway.

^^^ Brain obviously addled by ingesting too many desiccated breakfasts.

Grilled tomatoes are awful but otherwise this is spot on. 'Farls' are especially bad.

I like a grilled tomato and a few 'properly' cooked mushrooms, they're the perfect addition to a cooked breakfast, and even for things like a good steak and chips at dinner time they also go down a treat. Those who would screw their nose up at these probably wouldn't ever have had them cooked properly.

Mushrooms should always be cleaned and dried, and cooked with butter, a drop of olive oil, pinch of salt and a small squeeze of fresh lemon to taste.

Tomatoes - although I say grilled, they're best roasted for the same length of time as sausages. Best cut in half, with some salt and cracked black pepper and a small drizzle of olive oil.

*insert signature here*

Both of which are completely unnecessary additions. 

This is where you're wrong as this potato farl was leavened in some way - making it less dense and better at soaking up the flavours around it than the bog-standard potato scone. That some of the butter melted and seeped out of the packet raised the score of the farl and the breakfast as a whole to a new level. 

Nothing wrong at all with the quality of the meat; while the beastly obsession with runny yolks has already been dealt with. Next.

That whole breakfast looks bog-standard mate. Just wait till you discover a Premier Inn buffet, it will revolutionise your life :)

*insert signature here*

I like a grilled tomato and a few 'properly' cooked mushrooms, they're the perfect addition to a cooked breakfast, and even for things like a good steak and chips at dinner time they also go down a treat. Those who would screw their nose up at these probably wouldn't ever have had them cooked properly.

Mushrooms should always be cleaned and dried, and cooked with butter, a drop of olive oil, pinch of salt and a small squeeze of fresh lemon to taste.

Tomatoes - although I say grilled, they're best roasted for the same length of time as sausages. Best cut in half, with some salt and cracked black pepper and a small drizzle of olive oil.

I don't believe there's such a thing as a tomato, cut in half, and cooked under the grill properly, because any grill being used for a catering purpose will be too hot to grill a tomato properly - that is to say, you can get a nice caramelized top, but inside it'll still be cold and hard. You could instead roast it or make it into a confit, but that's a separate task. Thus, to include tomatoes in a cooked breakfast, it's easier to use cherry tomatoes and grill those instead, on a baking tray preferably, and you get all the benefits of the grill without a cold interior.

Absolutely correct about mushrooms, though. A well-dried, properly-seasoned mushroom is a delight with any salty or savory dish. A breakfast is hugely dimished without them.

I'm straying well off the reservation here but I've often thought that sautéed cabbage with a spritz of lemon would make a fine accompaniment to a breakfast, adding crunch, flavor, and indeed a veneer of health.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived