"come On You Ya Wee Wonderkid..." - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

"come On You Ya Wee Wonderkid..."

Muz

......just as McGowan cut inside.

Didnt realise he heard me!!! :o

s***e patter I know, but it made for one helluva celebration for me and my mate, and the guy next to me-hope he posts on here!!

What a game tonight, best entertainment I've seen in a long, long time.

Chris Millar was MOM for me, with Jamie Stevenson bringing out the best in him, the two of them have a great understanding.

Whole team was immense though, and thoroughly deserved the win, against what seemed like 12 men at times.

Poor support for Saints though I thought, but I really cant get the grin off my face at the moment.

Lovin it lovin it lovin it!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: B) B)

s***e patter I know, but it made for one helluva celebration for me and my mate, and the guy next to me-hope he posts on here!!

Chris Millar was MOM for me, with Jamie Stevenson bringing out the best in him, the two of them have a great understanding.

Whole team was immense though, and thoroughly deserved the win, against what seemed like 12 men at times.

Poor support for Saints though I thought, but I really cant get the grin off my face at the moment.

loads of stands out for me tonight but on the way home I gave it a lot of thought, Chris Miller gets my MOTM, no disrespect to any other player but Chris edged it imo.

Similar moment for me - except on the other foot.

As we got a corner, my mate looked at his watch and said '10 mins left'

'Game over' I said, 'we never lose a goal in the last 10 mins'

Only to get well and truly slapped by everyone about as St Johnstone break straight up and smack one past Gonet!

I said it on the other thread ... the guy is a great wee player. When he has the ball at his feet, there's no telling what's going to happen, and he's absolutely tremendous in possession of the ball.

Now, he makes a little mistake here and there that shows his age, but that's to be expected. Just the wrong run or something like that, and it DID happen a couple of times tonight. However, that is rare. He's looking like one of Morton's best players for a while, and if we manage to hold onto him, we're going to be delighted.

: )

my exact words were "go on wee man, cut inside n shoot!!"

It was me he heard Muz, sorry to burst your bubble.

I reckon the best we can hope for is to hold onto him until the end of the season because no doubt he's playing either for a move or to get higher up the pecking order at Selik. I don't think he'll ever play for Selik 1st team on a regular basis and if he wants to continue to develop and get a move I'd stay with us for a wee while longer because he's in a good team which is showcasing his talents. We might even get some cash if he moves ala the recent Partick player forget his name Santala or something.

I agree but we don't want to look too desperate, I think showing him it's in HIS best interests is the way forward he's scoring, learning and improving his profile he needs a bit longer at this level. You'd hope guys like Lilley will be pointing this out to him.

I reckon that given his age and ability he should def harbour ambitions to break into the smeltic team at some point.

However whether Strachan thinks that is a different matter.

I think if it becomes clear that he aint going to get near the cellic team then it would def be a good move to come to us.

Assuming we go up this year, with MacGowan and the rest of the team we will def be in with a shout of winning the 1st next year which would be another great challenge for a guy of his age.

Although if he keeps up this goal scoring then I'm sure smaller SPL clubs will try and get a bit of cash together to tempt him to there, and if that happens and cellic are happy to let him go then I think we will struggle.

Best atmosphere I can remember in a long time!!!!

Ended up with guys in front of me that I know from Gary Miller Spinny Morton away days........... they stand a good couple of barriers down from me!!!!!

I love Paul McGowan!!!!!!

Aye, you got a bit excited, nearly knocking me over on your wee run down the stairs. :P

Archived