Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

Hold on, so clubs are actually allowed to generate revenue during this period!? 

By contacting Hamilton Accies and pretending to be some random Nigerian. :)

*insert signature here*

5 hours ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

Hold on, so clubs are actually allowed to generate revenue during this period!? 

Don't suppose there's anything to stop fans donating/collecting money to keep in reserve for when the league starts back.

See MCT for example.

They would then keep the club updated with a figure collected each week which would allow the club to budget accordingly.

3 hours ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Don't suppose there's anything to stop fans donating/collecting money to keep in reserve for when the league starts back.

See MCT for example.

They would then keep the club updated with a figure collected each week which would allow the club to budget accordingly.

Absolutely, and good on fans who have donated cash to Morton/MCT during the pandemic, but that doesn't give the club an out for doing nothing. The club should have been pulling out all the stops to maximise revenue during this period, in the knowledge that other clubs in our division were doing exactly that. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

15 hours ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

Absolutely, and good on fans who have donated cash to Morton/MCT during the pandemic, but that doesn't give the club an out for doing nothing. The club should have been pulling out all the stops to maximise revenue during this period, in the knowledge that other clubs in our division were doing exactly that. 

Totally agree. It's been shocking how little has come out if the club during lock down. Putting the media guy on furlough has been a big mistake in my opinion. As far as I know, he was only part time anyway. He'd have been far more use carrying on with what he does, as well as picking up the slack in other areas.

1 hour ago, Woody66 said:

Totally agree. It's been shocking how little has come out if the club during lock down. Putting the media guy on furlough has been a big mistake in my opinion. As far as I know, he was only part time anyway. He'd have been far more use carrying on with what he does, as well as picking up the slack in other areas.

The media guy would only be doing interviews and stuff. We need some. Sort of marketing strategy where there's a focus on things that generate revenue - he wouldn't be responsible for season ticket sales, etc 

3 hours ago, Woody66 said:

I think it's highlighted a few internal issues the club have - the lack of coordination between commercial/marketing and media being the key one. I think the best way forward would have been to keep the commercial staff running full time, and give them some social media training to pick up the slack there. Regular social media output during lockdown is/was a luxury, but commercial activity should have been viewed as essential. It's concerning that the current regime, who made their break-even mantra clear from day one, aren't looking to maximise every possible source of income.  

It does mean that we're now having to completely rebuild the defensive and attacking units, in a season where we don't have as much time to bind a squad together. That's a concern. 

Sad day for this once-proud football club that we're losing players to salad munching, tree-hugging, SJW, English diddies.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

2 minutes ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

It does mean that we're now having to completely rebuild the defensive and attacking units, in a season where we don't have as much time to bind a squad together. That's a concern. 

I can see Hopkin going with Nesbitt and McGuffie as first choice wingers. I think completely rebuilding the attack is overstating it - we already needed another centre forward, we still have Colville and Lyon as creative midfielders with Nesbitt an option in a more advanced role through the middle as well. We could now do with adding another winger too but it doesn't mean we're having a total overhaul.

This is obviously shite news but we all knew it was a distinct possibility.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived