The Big Transfer Thread 2020 - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big Transfer Thread 2020

Fair play to him. All the best Bob, hoped he would sign on again for this season as he’s really came on adding a bit more to his overall game. Hopefully we manage to keep as much of the squad together as possible without the obvious ones that aren’t quite up to it.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair play to him. All the best Bob, hoped he would sign on again for this season as he’s really came on adding a bit more to his overall game. Hopefully we manage to keep as much of the squad together as possible without the obvious ones that aren’t quite up to it.

Goal scorer and nice guy to boot

Good luck Bob and all the best from the ton

Frank Ross released by Aberdeen as well, would anyone have him back?

If we needed a winger I'd happily take him, but we'll be looking to keep Cadden & Nesbitt and we already have McGuffie signed up, as well as Salkeld & Orsi who can also play there even if they're primarily used at centre forward. Another winger is the last thing we should be spending wages on.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

We'll not be hearing about new signings for a while since we don't even know when we'll be allowed back for pre-season training yet. Regardless, thinking how we could look for next season, on the basis of continuing with the same 4-3-3/4-5-1.

New (Rogers?)

Tumilty - New (Gunning?) - New - Strapp

Jacobs - Colville/Lyon - New

Nesbitt - New - Cadden

Wylie

New defensive cover x2

McAlister

Colville/Lyon

Blues

McGuffie

Orsi

Salkeld

Sutton

Easdale

Wylie & Easdale included since they're the youth players the club mentioned when giving an update on first team contracts, Ramsbottom, McLean, McGinty, Millar, Muirhead and Doolan not included because I wouldn't keep any of them.

If we got credible centre backs and a centre forward capable of double figures there's no reason that shouldn't be capable of a serious playoff challenge, but as with last season a below par goalkeeper and centre backs could undermine everything and a striker with those credentials isn't easy to find.

I'm assuming Hopkin would prefer two of the middle three to be more defensive minded which is why I've said only one of Colville & Lyon starting, with a new signing in there assuming McAlister can't start every game at 35. I suppose though if we have a more solid defence we could maybe get away with less protection from midfield and have both Lyon and Colville beside Jacobs, but I'd be surprised. There's also the option to be more positive with Nesbitt through the middle off a striker and McGuffie coming in.

We saw last season that Hopkin is willing to change formations readily so we might never see a set up like this anyway, but thought it was worth doing to see what signings we really need. The centre backs are going to be a big challenge.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived