SPFL Clubs to Vote - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

SPFL Clubs to Vote

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Partick going down is the most important thing to me. Everything else is a minor thing.

The carrot being dangled is 14-14-14, presumably at the end of next season.

If they put it in place for the coming season then everyone survives.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Dundee are claiming their stance is due to clubs’ being likely to lose money due to the number of games not being played. Surely this would only apply if crowds were allowed to attend, which everyone else seems to accept will not happen. Dundee are also one of only 6 clubs who have full insurance against such an event as Coronavirus.

Dundee are claiming their stance is due to clubs’ being likely to lose money due to the number of games not being played. Surely this would only apply if crowds were allowed to attend, which everyone else seems to accept will not happen. Dundee are also one of only 6 clubs who have full insurance against such an event as Coronavirus.

They’re probably waiting for their insurance to confirm what they’ll pay out on.

The carrot being dangled is 14-14-14, presumably at the end of next season.

If they put it in place for the coming season then everyone survives.

It would stick in the craw a bit to see teams being excused relegation despite stinking out their division, or others being promoted without having earned it in any meaningful way, but I think going with league placing as it stands, awarding titles, not relegating anyone and restructuring to 14-14-14 is about the fairest way to go.

Play each other twice then have a split? I wouldn’t mind a post split where the teams in the top or bottom halves only play each other once more, each getting three home and three away games, with the schedule predetermined based upon position at the time of the split. Clubs would likely object to a reduced number of match days and loss of monies, so would expect a full round of home and away fixtures, bringing it up to a 38 game season.

It would stick in the craw a bit to see teams being excused relegation despite stinking out their division, or others being promoted without having earned it in any meaningful way, but I think going with league placing as it stands, awarding titles, not relegating anyone and restructuring to 14-14-14 is about the fairest way to go.

Play each other twice then have a split? I wouldn’t mind a post split where the teams in the top or bottom halves only play each other once more, each getting three home and three away games, with the schedule predetermined based upon position at the time of the split. Clubs would likely object to a reduced number of match days and loss of monies, so would expect a full round of home and away fixtures, bringing it up to a 38 game season.

If it were another full round of home/away fixtures after the Split then there would be teams sitting 7th-9th possibly playing 14 pointless games since they wouldn't be able to get into top 6.

Can't see the likes of Rangers and Celtic agreeing to play 2 games away and 1 at home vs each other either.

Apparently reconstruction requires 11 of the Prem teams to support. Knowing that, I just can't see them passing any meaningful reconstruction that doesn't end with some convulated way to get lots of games and no increase in relegation places. This would make the whole thing a waste of time.

For what its worth, if it went to 14 or 16 then, IMO, they would need to make a second automatic relegation spot and let the play-offs be 2nd - 5th with a one-off final (like England). Otherwise, it would just be the same crap

14 team leagues are an abomination.

Yup. 16 teams, play each twice and nane of this split bullcrap.

FWIW I'd have 2 auto promotion spots and another though playoffs in all leagues. Wouldn't go done well if voted on, coz the teams don't care for the league structure just the cut from TV and bums on seats.

MORTON - NEWCASTLE

14 team leagues are an abomination.

Aye, too big a league to be playing each other four (or three with a split) times a season, and too smal to be playing teams twice a season. I'd argue that even a sixteen team league is too small to be playing twice a season.

I'd argue that the best format for a division is 18 teams, playing each other twice and meaning 34 games, but the lack of strength in depth make that incompatible with Scottish football. You need a relatively strong second tier and it wouldn't allow for that.

We'll end up with 14-10-10-10 which will promote Inverness, Falkirk and Edinburgh City and save Hearts, Partick and Stranraer. Any thoughts that this will be a temporary measure and things will go back to how they were before can be filed in the bin as they won't relegate 2/3 teams from each division the following season. And even still, how do you pick the two teams to join the bottom tier? Brora as Highland League champions is fine, but can you promote Kelty but not Bonnyrigg, who are right up their arse after doing everything to appease Falkirk?

I can't help but think that Rangers hold the key to what's going to happen next. Their allegations of bullying, and aggressive manner of going about these allegations will hold too much sway if they can back these allegations up with concrete evidence. It will probably mean the end of Doncaster, too. they're coming across like the Pied Piper at the moment, and with their horrible little band of merry men in tow, will push through the 14-10-10-10.

Ra Peepul couldn’t stop their club from dying in the first place and then failed to get their shite tribute act elevated into either of the top two flights at the behest of other Scottish clubs. If that hasn’t broken the myth of their power I don’t know what would.

14 team divisions is a perfectly sound structure: it provides 38 games with a 7-7 split; it also gets rid of this ridiculously claustrophobic and so financially ruinous second tier. But this shouldn’t be introduced just to placate a tiny handful of teams who’ve thrown their dummy out of the pram: if the divisions expand by two spots then it should be three up and one down. Nor should any form of temporary, one season fix ‘to save Hearts’ or some other horrible entity be tolerated by clubs like ourselves, as that would take any legitimate form of reconstruction off the table for the foreseeable future.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Somehow I think we could cope with a midweek fixture in September and another one in April for example in the lower divisions: the top flight would of course be unchanged.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

A 7-7 split means each team has a free Saturday. 

I wouldn't fancy being the team who sits idle on the last day whilst others could collude to relegate us.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Somehow I think we could cope with a midweek fixture in September and another one in April for example in the lower divisions: the top flight would of course be unchanged.

You'd need more match days than that for an odd number split.

Archived