SPFL Clubs to Vote - Page 27 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

SPFL Clubs to Vote

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much talk of twitter about the proposal being "in tatters" and "dooming Hearts to relegation" thanks to Championship clubs.

Well done those clubs.

https://twitter.com/Record_Sport/status/1271196761227505668

Apologies for the link being a Daily Record one.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Let's hope.

It would be utterly immoral if this is pushed through to suit a few of the bigger names in Scotland (including Thistle and Falkirk although we know they're both league 1 minnows now)

That said, it would also be peak Scottish football to do so. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

When River Plate in Argentina got relegated - this would have been around 10 years ago - talk of reconstruction immediately began. In the end they actually expanded the top flight to 30 teams to make it easier for big teams to avoid relegation. However, even the Argentines weren't so base and craven as to make it retroactive. River instead had to spend one season in their equivalent of the seaside leagues (Malvinas league?) before these changes eventually took effect a couple of years later. (Now they're down to a more manageable 24 teams.)

EOho8Pw.png

Hearts threatening court action for compensation of £6 million if reconstruction fails.

Other than the two arse cheeks, I didn’t think I could dislike a club more than Falkirk. These bastards are running it close right now.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Hilarious article from the Daily Record about this:

But any prospective legal challenge from the clubs was given a firm boost from the Continent this week.

In France, the relegations of Amiens and Toulouse were deemed illegal as the Council of State recommended Ligue 1 be reformed into a 22-team league for next season.

And in neighbouring Belgium, Waasland-Beveren's relegation was also deemed to be a violation of competition law.

However the difference between Scotland and those two countries is that more than 80 per cent of SPFL member clubs voted to give the league board a mandate to end the season, while it was imposed on the clubs by the leagues in France and Belgium.

Now, I'm not a legal expert like "Steven Mair" of the Record, but I've heard a rumor that another reason this isn't a "firm boost" is that these are... totally different countries with completely different legal systems. Perhaps someone can confirm?

EOho8Pw.png

That statement begging for solidarity among league cubs is typical of Thistles self serving conceit and hypocrisy.We expect that but then they also have a dig at the same clubs they hope to elicit help from.

“Don’t use your vote to settle old scores. Don’t reinforce rivalries between clubs just to keep fans happy. Don’t turn a blind eye because it doesn’t impact on you – this time."

Great watching this all unfold, can't wait for Meltdown Monday.

Back in 2004, their inbred fans turned out at Broadwood to support Inverness in what was effectively a title decider against Clyde, supporting Inverness in the mistaken belief that the 6000 seat rule would prevent Inverness’s promotion to the SPL, see their daft wee rivals Clyde miss out and save their bogging club.

Of course, Inverness won and they celebrated the result only for the SPL to allow Inverness to ground share at Pittodrie for a while, but let’s not forget for a second that they were more than happy to see others suffer for their gain back then.

Now the shoe’s on the other foot they’re whining about the rest of us wanting to see a team that finished bottom of the league relegated.

I’m afraid none of us should be taking any lesson’s in how to behave when our own clubs are in the position to look after our own interests from them.

Get doon.

It's a genuine tragedy that esteemed clubs like partick find themselves in this terrible position through no fault of their own.

Now get tae fuck to the seaside Jacqui

Back in 2004, their inbred fans turned out at Broadwood to support Inverness in what was effectively a title decider against Clyde, supporting Inverness in the mistaken belief that the 6000 seat rule would prevent Inverness’s promotion to the SPL, see their daft wee rivals Clyde miss out and save their bogging club.

Mentioning their fans' conduct in the 03/04 season has reminded me of something I'd forgotten.

You've said before how you disdain Partick getting on a high horse about Old Firm bigotry while their fans indulge in a sectarian song themselves, but that season while it was looking like Clyde were favourites they were guilty of some genuinely vile songs about 'gypsy bastards' and the like.

All explained away with 'Clyde fans aren't actually gypsies though', apparently making it fine to throw around racist insults. That was when the BBC were showing the SPL as well, so you had songs like that being broadcast on BBC Scotland whenever Partick were on without it even getting an apology or any other comment from presenters or the media in general.

It's downright weird that even now this form of racism still goes without consequences and people see nothing wrong with using derogatory terms against travellers, whereas racial slurs against other communities will quite rightly see those guilty facing severe consequences.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Mentioning their fans' conduct in the 03/04 season has reminded me of something I'd forgotten.

You've said before how you disdain Partick getting on a high horse about Old Firm bigotry while their fans indulge in a sectarian song themselves, but that season while it was looking like Clyde were favourites they were guilty of some genuinely vile songs about 'gypsy bastards' and the like.

All explained away with 'Clyde fans aren't actually gypsies though', apparently making it fine to throw around racist insults. That was when the BBC were showing the SPL as well, so you had songs like that being broadcast on BBC Scotland whenever Partick were on without it even getting an apology or any other comment from presenters or the media in general.

It's downright weird that even now this form of racism still goes without consequences and people see nothing wrong with using derogatory terms against travellers, whereas racial slurs against other communities will quite rightly see those guilty facing severe consequences.

Of all the reasons to detest such an odious, stupid outfit Partick, you couldn't even find an entry in the top 100.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Did the tory manifesto not basically advocate for the destruction of the traveller community?

Hilarious article from the Daily Record about this:

Now, I'm not a legal expert like "Steven Mair" of the Record, but I've heard a rumor that another reason this isn't a "firm boost" is that these are... totally different countries with completely different legal systems. Perhaps someone can confirm?

That's clutching at straws for a story by the Daily Record's reporter.

*insert signature here*

We've established that Partick are a scummy wee club who get a free pass when it comes to things like racism and sectarianism. It's their proximity to Glasgow's supposedly 'trendy' West End, with all its wanky students, ex-students and media luvvies that afford them this luxury.

*insert signature here*

• 3 weeks later...

Archived