SPFL Clubs to Vote - Page 23 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

SPFL Clubs to Vote

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't watched the interview but a bit mental to write off a bit of hype around launching a new kit because of the current situation. A good marketing campaign around something like that would undoubtedly increase sales.

Haven't watched the interview but a bit mental to write off a bit of hype around launching a new kit because of the current situation. A good marketing campaign around something like that would undoubtedly increase sales.

What he says is that the club didn't think it correct that they had a singing and dancing launch of a new kit given that the former chairman had just died and the ongoing coronavirus situation.

Probably fair enough,I know the launch could have been held back a couple of weeks.

He also makes comments about the reaction to the launch and says that it's had its own kind of success because the pre orders are well up on last year's.

What he says is that the club didn't think it correct that they had a singing and dancing launch of a new kit given that the former chairman had just died and the ongoing coronavirus situation.

Probably fair enough,I know the launch could have been held back a couple of weeks.

He also makes comments about the reaction to the launch and says that it's had its own kind of success because the pre orders are well up on last year's.

I don't think it is fair enough. It sounds harsh but for businesses, life has to go on. Especially when we need the revenue.

I don't think it is fair enough. It sounds harsh but for businesses, life has to go on. Especially when we need the revenue.

Good luck telling HMRC that life has to go on for you as a business, while also claiming taxpayers' money to keep all your employees on furlough.

There's also no evidence that the club is losing revenue from their kit launch just because they didn't put some bells and whistles on the announcement.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

If you're that worried about that then hold it back, but it's not really much of an excuse. 

If it was a one-off then it'd maybe be fair enough, but Morton have been consistently rotten at anything that approaches marketing for years. You'd have thought the Social Media Co-ordinator could have put something together, given that he clearly has a penchant for touting his wares all over the shop.

AWMSC

Incidentally, MacKinnon was the Commercial Director at Clyde and the Media and Communications one at Hamilton before coming to Morton, so he's hardly a novice on that front. Admittedly this is hardly a revelatory thought, but when the same issues keep happening over time, it's fair to assume that things like maximising incomes don't feature too highly on the remit given to employees from the owners. 

AWMSC

If you're that worried about that then hold it back, but it's not really much of an excuse. 

If it was a one-off then it'd maybe be fair enough, but Morton have been consistently rotten at anything that approaches marketing for years. You'd have thought the Social Media Co-ordinator could have put something together, given that he clearly has a penchant for touting his wares all over the shop.

Wrong colour of hoops

Reckon the surprise kit will be to do with 100 years since cup win

The club didn’t have a clue about the anniversaries of our more recent title wins only a couple of weeks ago, how can we expect them to note something as trivial as winning the Scottish Cup?

This isn’t a landmark podcast we’re talking about, ffs.

Finally we're getting the single, dignified star above the badge that our La Decima title record deserves.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived