Chinese Coronavirus threatens Dundee Utd game - Page 11 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Chinese Coronavirus threatens Dundee Utd game

capitanus

I care even less about it which seems to be a position shared by the current chief executive of the club as well. Which is a terrible wee shame for those who were clinging onto Warren Hawke's gormless coat tails over the past few years, to such great* effect for this football club.

absolute zero

So, to summarise: no, you still don’t know anything about it. Ta!

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure that your memoirs of getting local fatties to jog around the Cappielow pitch will make for riveting reading.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

On the subject of "getting in the Tele" - if MCT are getting all the headlines and recognition its because they're pushing for them and making it happen. The Community Trust can't hide its light under a bushel then complain about being ignored. It may be a sad reality but you really have to make your own luck as far as media coverage and plaudits are concerned.

EOho8Pw.png

On the subject of "getting in the Tele" - if MCT are getting all the headlines and recognition its because they're pushing for them and making it happen. The Community Trust can't hide its light under a bushel then complain about being ignored. It may be a sad reality but you really have to make your own luck as far as media coverage and plaudits are concerned.

I meant MacKinnon. MCT and the Community Trust both get good coverage.

If they both get good coverage then your complaint doesn't make much sense.

I am not a huge fan of MacKinnon's but I doubt he's up at night thinking of how he can get his name in the bright lights of a small provincial newspaper. It's part of his job to keep the club visible and to accentuate the positive, and as CEO it makes sense for him to be the face of the off-field aspects of the club. Really not understanding what he's doing wrong here.

EOho8Pw.png

If they both get good coverage then your complaint doesn't make much sense.

I am not a huge fan of MacKinnon's but I doubt he's up at night thinking of how he can get his name in the bright lights of a small provincial newspaper. It's part of his job to keep the club visible and to accentuate the positive, and as CEO it makes sense for him to be the face of the off-field aspects of the club. Really not understanding what he's doing wrong here.

It was his reference in the post to another community organisation that he was in the tele for doing something for.

All good causes and not really a big issue but it would be nice to see him promoting our own a bit more since he's come in.

Just to be clear (and this isn’t directly a reply to you because your point is more general) - the Community Trust aren’t complaining/haven’t complained about anything. We’ve always had excellent coverage from the Tele, have actively supported Belville Community Garden, have a good - mutually beneficial/supportive relationship with the club generally and Dave MacKinnon - and are supportive of MCT too.

Just to be clear (and this isn’t directly a reply to you because your point is more general) - the Community Trust aren’t complaining/haven’t complained about anything. We’ve always had excellent coverage from the Tele, have actively supported Belville Community Garden, have a good - mutually beneficial/supportive relationship with the club generally and Dave MacKinnon - and are supportive of MCT too.

So why's irnbru having a drooling meltdown then?

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

So why's irnbru having a drooling meltdown then?

Through habit, more than anything else.

ETA:

He still hasn't answered why Gordon Dyer hasn't got his handful of shares as a result of the GMST disbursement. Why is that?

*insert signature here*

I see the lad Boyle is saying on Twitter that he’s stepped aside from media duties whilst being put on Furlough, yet a couple of hours ago the club announced new media content in the form of a video showing every goal from this season.

Seems strange that work’s being done but staff are being put on Furlough.

I see the lad Boyle is saying on Twitter that he’s stepped aside from media duties whilst being put on Furlough, yet a couple of hours ago the club announced new media content in the form of a video showing every goal from this season.

Seems strange that work’s being done but staff are being put on Furlough.

Callum from Football CFB is running it now

Don’t know if I’d be too happy to see myself put on Furlough only for someone else to take over my job on a voluntary basis.

Aye, poor show.

Does that mean that guy with the crap poetry is a scab or a scummer?

Poor show indeed.

*insert signature here*

Archived