Bring back Jim Duffy - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Bring back Jim Duffy

capitanus

Have you seen this forum or twitter over the last few weeks?

He has had loads of criticism and rightly so.

It's all pretty tame in comparison with what JJ got from here.

There is something about Davie Hopkins demeanour which says he cannot be arsed with this Management lark. He has let decent players go and brought in ringers. Team selections are frustrating, confusing even, and morale around the place is at one of its lowest points since the Hugh Scott era.

Maybe he'll go on to manage Albion Rovers or Queens Park and prove he is a mastermind tactical genius and that Morton didn't deserve him, but overall it isn't working out for him here.

*insert signature here*

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree.

I reckon that if Jonatan Johannsen wasn't an ex-Rangers player and his wife wasn't as irritating to many, a lot of folk would have cut him more slack. I reckon he should have got Mixu Paatilinen as his number two rather than Pete the Cabbie.

Didn't know Hoppy was a Celtic man.

Look JJ couldn't make a substitution to save himself and tactics at Alloa where as a total farce.

Thought the tactics were fair Saturday but poor in other games. I am not sure Hopkin has the players backing (Miller etc) and Nesi has lost confidence after his injury.

While we all feel it's not working keyboard warriors from Spain will have no impact on our current management structure.

JJ and Duffy won't be coming back, but never say never.

Just to say Jamie I have read some of your post and maybe you should look in the mirror.

To be clear I am not sure what part of my comments you don't understand or disagree with but I dare say this is not the board for rational discussion.

Just to say Jamie I have read some of your post and maybe you should look in the mirror.

To be clear I am not sure what part of my comments you don't understand or disagree with but I dare say this is not the board for rational discussion.

:lol:

Was I even talking to you numbskull?

Leaving the OP's fishing expedition as well as the wider Duffy revisionism in the fanbase to one side, if there's one manager who has a case for being brought back to the club then it would be Alan Moore. A manager whose previous spell in charge included genuine achievements and highlights such as the highest league finish in the past thirty years, a genuine title challenge at this level and, of course, swording the beggars on their own, horrible midden.

Given that his spell was brought to an end thanks to a truly disastrous 'squad restructuring' exercise that pulled the rug from under him and got the club relegated at massive expense anyway, I think he'd be a far better bet to rebuild a credible team with the MCT money than relying on 'Dave' to ship in another bunch of tenth tier dung from England in the next transfer window. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Leaving the OP's fishing expedition as well as the wider Duffy revisionism in the fanbase to one side, if there's one manager who has a case for being brought back to the club then it would be Alan Moore. A manager whose previous spell in charge included genuine achievements and highlights such as the highest league finish in the past thirty years, a genuine title challenge at this level and, of course, swording the beggars on their own, horrible midden.

Given that his spell was brought to an end thanks to a truly disastrous 'squad restructuring' exercise that pulled the rug from under him and got the club relegated at massive expense anyway, I think he'd be a far better bet to rebuild a credible team with the MCT money than relying on 'Dave' to ship in another bunch of tenth tier dung from England in the next transfer window.

Hmm not convinced but even Bobby Moore would do a better job than the current clueless clown

We could play that game a hundred times over and probably not win it, which makes the initial win even better.

I think it might have been the only time in Moore's managerial career that one of his team's defeated a team from a higher division. He managed some decent teams, and was pretty good at getting big wins over lower league sides, but our 12/13 team even got smashed 5-1 by a Premier League Dundee team. The 6-0 loss at Motherwell was a low point of his time with us, but his Stirling side even managed to lose 9-0 to Ross County a few months before he joined us.

Pretty much everything in theory went against us getting a result that night. One of the least logical results we've had, and one of the best.

I think it might have been the only time in Moore's managerial career that one of his team's defeated a team from a higher division. He managed some decent teams, and was pretty good at getting big wins over lower league sides, but our 12/13 team even got smashed 5-1 by a Premier League Dundee team. The 6-0 loss at Motherwell was a low point of his time with us, but his Stirling side even managed to lose 9-0 to Ross County a few months before he joined us.

Pretty much everything in theory went against us getting a result that night. One of the least logical results we've had, and one of the best.

Great, eh? Get it up them :).

We could play that game a hundred times over and probably not win it, which makes the initial win even better.

Having watched Morton go toe to toe with Celtic and Rangers over the years, and win a fair proportion of those matches, I have to admit I was embarrassed to be a Ton fan that night, and took absolutely no pleasure in the performance or result, which was an absolute fluke and an injustice.

Having watched Morton go toe to toe with Celtic and Rangers over the years, and win a fair proportion of those matches, I have to admit I was embarrassed to be a Ton fan that night, and took absolutely no pleasure in the performance or result, which was an absolute fluke and an injustice.

You're a fuckin mentalist.

AWMSC

XlkQhba.gif

EOho8Pw.png

FFS.

I was absolutely ecstatic, and the fact that we were pish made it even better

Phone home ya weirdo alien bastard.

Pretty convinced we've all been whooshed by a parody account.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Right enough, there’d have been more pleasure and sense in sending Marc Fitzpatrick, Jonathan Page, Tony Wallace and Kabba-Modou Cham out to ‘play football the right way’ and go all-out attack against a team containing the likes of Tom Rogic, Virgil Van Dijk, Teemu Pukki and Scott Brown.

At least the inevitable 6-0 gubbing would have been a plucky performance to be proud of.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived