Morton v Inverness Th - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton v Inverness Th

Ton4life

Just a question about the general feeling that the quality of entertainment at Cappielow is pish at the minute. While our away form is absolutely atrocious, our home record this season so far in competitive matches reads...  P 7, W 5, D 2, L 0, F 20, A  9., which doesn't seem anywhere near as dire as some would have us believe. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like you missed a fairly decent game, how did the Wanderers get on?

Game was pretty poor tbh

My first game this season

First impressions are that we don’t have much pace but the players fought for the jersey

Bob was superb and deserved motm

Big keeper made a couple of good saves but he has to come off his line at corners

Why was Nesbit not playing?

Baird looked good as did Jacobs

Not great but a win is always enjoyable

Shame for Partick and Falkirk

Hard fought result and I'm delighted with the win but I'd say we stole that - they were all over us in the 2nd half. 

Both our goals came from poor defending but full credit to Bob for the finishing. I'd like to know why the goal we scored right after going 1-0 up was disallowed.

Ramsbottom had no chance with the goal but was stuck to his line far too often.  

Absolutely insane that we are 2 points off the promotion play-offs (and three clear of the relegation play-offs).

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Well a good outcome and great to see the giants fall.

Inverness had a lot of the ball but their shooting is rank can see Robbo having them in Sunday.

Was concerned that out good defending was not match by our out ball kept giving it to their midfield and needing to block the next assault.

What a shocking winner the type we have come to expect to lose but all credit to Bob picking up the mistake and ramming it home.

Salkeld added a bit of physicality and pace to assist McHugh but while trying to hard having got a starting slot must find some composure.

That's the second goal where he has been adjudged to have fouled a defender who has been in the process of sticking it in their own net, maybe a bit harsh.

Also pleased for big Ramsbottom managed to keep hold of a few and customary one on one save. Maybe there is a goalie in there.

Sounds like you missed a fairly decent game, how did the Wanderers get on?

Weather was rotten just before 3pm... didn’t bother! See that they lost for the first time season.

Great result for Morton, enough to tempt me out to Cappielow on Tuesday.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Defensively all three goals were poor to give away, but all credit to McHugh for taking the chances given him - that's why he's picked. Five league goals for him, all from open play, puts him third on the scoring charts.

Also, while the winning goal came from a defensive slip, I think their keeper did badly at it as well, and had Ramsbottom done that, he'd have been crucified (by me.)

EOho8Pw.png

Likewise, and don’t think there was much more Ramsbottom could have done to prevent the equaliser

Any goalkeeper is disappointed to give away a goal at his near post and from that sort of angle but the ball was struck really well. If it had hit Ramsbottokm and stayed out he would have been credited with a decent block. A wee bit unfortunate perhaps.

^^^ idiot found

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived