Morton v Inverness Th - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton v Inverness Th

Ton4life

Pretty depressing to read so many fans are chucking it. I know it may be easy for me to say, but are you lads not throwing in the towel a bit too soon? Granted the season so far has been underwhelming to say the least, but with the league as tight as it is, anything can still happen.

I watched some truly dreadful Morton teams over the years, I strongly suspect worse than we have now, but the thought of chucking it never entered my head. I may have struggled to muster up much enthusiasm at times, but I still went whenever I could. Not a criticism of anyone, you're of course perfectly within your right to spend your hard-earned dosh as you wish, but it's very sad and worrying that this could just be the start of a terminal decline to perma-diddyleaguedome or even worse. And as the wise prophet Joni Mitchell once said, you don't know what you've got till it's gone.

Too soon? It's been shite for decades, it's not like people are throwing a strop because of one bad spell. There's only so long you can expect people's patience to last, and the club have been booting the hole right out of any remaining good will over the last year or so.

AWMSC

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too soon? It's been shite for decades, it's not like people are throwing a strop because of one bad spell. There's only so long you can expect people's patience to last, and the club have been booting the hole right out of any remaining good will over the last year or so.

I went to every home game and a decent percentage of away games from seasons 76-77 to 95-96, so 19 years. A few of these seasons were great, some of them were good, but most of them were somewhere between poor and utter shite. So I know what you mean. But for better or worse, Morton are my team, and I kept going during the shite seasons in the (often vain or naive) hope that better times lay ahead. It's part and parcel of being a Morton fan I'm afraid, and no doubt always will be. Until one day we die a slow, lingering death due to apathy. I'm not claiming to be some super-fan by the way, I'm not, nor am I criticising you or anyone else who has chucked it or is on the verge of doing so. I just find it very, very sad, that's all,

Shock ticket website won’t let me buy a ticket today. Might just patch it

Are you getting a 'site can't provide a secure connection' error too?

Can you buy tickets in Smith's right up till kick off? Will pop down first if so, bugger waiting in that queue at Cappielow.

Update - Smith's have tickets, just off the phone to them now.

Lyons and Salkeld start.

Blues doesn’t, Ramsbottom does.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Nah, can’t get motivated to watch Morton at all. Some evidence of improvement needed before I’ll be back to Cappielow.

Sad days when I’m going to watch rugby at 3pm on a Saturday, rather going to watch Morton! It’s free, can stroll in at 2.59pm, can have a beer at the side of the pitch... and has been way more entertaining than going to Cappielow in recent months.

I actually agree with your first paragraph but I'd rather watch a Hetty Wainthrope investigates box set than watch fucking rugby.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

This. I'm no longer willing to turn up and pay my money on the back of empty words and delusions of competence. Once the club show they care then I'll return the favour again. Its shit and I've finally had enough.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I went to every home game and a decent percentage of away games from seasons 76-77 to 95-96, so 19 years. A few of these seasons were great, some of them were good, but most of them were somewhere between poor and utter shite. So I know what you mean. But for better or worse, Morton are my team, and I kept going during the shite seasons in the (often vain or naive) hope that better times lay ahead. It's part and parcel of being a Morton fan I'm afraid, and no doubt always will be. Until one day we die a slow, lingering death due to apathy. I'm not claiming to be some super-fan by the way, I'm not, nor am I criticising you or anyone else who has chucked it or is on the verge of doing so. I just find it very, very sad, that's all,

It only remains 'part and parcel of being a Morton fan' so long as the club can still count on such gormless, Tartan Army-esque rhetoric to guilt trip its paying customers on a regular basis. As it stands, GMFC is charging one of the highest season ticket prices in the league and a ridiculous £20 walk-up price to watch a side that its manager insists is in a relegation battle with Arbroath and fucking Alloa. Until it either matches pricing to the expectations set at the club or raises its game considerably then it does not have the right to expect 'loyalty' from customers who are getting a piss-poor deal even by the standards set by the Scottish second tier.   

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Pretty depressing to read so many fans are chucking it. I know it may be easy for me to say, but are you lads not throwing in the towel a bit too soon? Granted the season so far has been underwhelming to say the least, but with the league as tight as it is, anything can still happen.

I watched some truly dreadful Morton teams over the years, I strongly suspect worse than we have now, but the thought of chucking it never entered my head. I may have struggled to muster up much enthusiasm at times, but I still went whenever I could. Not a criticism of anyone, you're of course perfectly within your right to spend your hard-earned dosh as you wish, but it's very sad and worrying that this could just be the start of a terminal decline to perma-diddyleaguedome or even worse. And as the wise prophet Joni Mitchell once said, you don't know what you've got till it's gone.

Did they charge you £20 a time back then and basically expect you to win the equivalent of an episode of the Krypton Factor to figure out how to get your hands on a ticket and gain entry into the ground?

Oh and even if you did want to go to the game, the shan ticketing website is so completely fucked that it doesn't actually let you get past the blank 'seat selection' stage, so it's £20 walk-up prices all round!

This once-proud football club is an omnishambles.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

It only remains 'part and parcel of being a Morton fan' so long as the club can still count on such gormless, Tartan Army-esque rhetoric to guilt trip its paying customers on a regular basis. As it stands, GMFC is charging one of the highest season ticket prices in the league and a ridiculous £20 walk-up price to watch a side that its manager insists is in a relegation battle with Arbroath and fucking Alloa. Until it matches pricing to the expectations set at the club then it does not have the right to expect 'loyalty' from customers who are getting a piss-poor deal even by the standards set by the Scottish second tier.   

Once again, I'm not critcising anyone who's chucked it or is on the verge of it, so no guilt tripping from me. And maybe if I was still living near enough to attend I'd feel the same, I dunno. But if this is the way we're heading, we'll be just another Airdrieesque perma-diddy part-time outfit in a few years, and I can't see us coming back from that. 

And I totally agree with your point about pricing, it's ridiculous. 

Are we mibby looking at the 352 discussed earlier in the week?

Doubt it. I’d guess that’s still Welsh at right back with a midfield three of McAlister, Jacobs and Lyon, Salkeld and Colville as wingers. Suppose it could Welsh at centre back, Salkeld and Strapp at wing back and Colville off McHugh though.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Did they charge you £20 a time back then and basically expect you to win the equivalent of an episode of the Krypton Factor to figure out how to get your hands on a ticket and gain entry into the ground?

As mentioned above, I agree the pricing is ridiculous. And the club certainly doesn't help itself by not making the most basic process of buying a ticket as simple as possible for the fans.

Archived