Who Is The Biggest Arsehole In Scottish Football? - Page 5 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who Is The Biggest Arsehole In Scottish Football?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None of them grate with me as much as Ally McCoist though. Surely Colin Hendry doesn't deserve to be in the Harry Dunn's list ahead of him?

I agree, but I’ve only gone with those nominated. You could’ve nominated him but didn’t, and you did make plenty of very good calls on the thread

I know there's many obvious reasons for Walter Smith being the biggest arsehole in Scottish football, but his time with the national team ranks at the top for me. He came in and steadied the ship for sure, but he oversaw an utterly dreadful defeat in Ukraine which, for me, was worse than Georgia one, and also put out what wasn't far off a 3-7-0 against Belarus, again eclipsing even the Prague debacle...all this before fucking off yet, like Davie Weir, still gets lauded as some sort of good egg.

The guy's a massive wank even before you get to his other failings. 

AWMSC

None of them grate with me as much as Ally McCoist though. Surely Colin Hendry doesn't deserve to be in the Harry Dunn's list ahead of him?

I quite liked Colin Hendry when he was at Blackburn and captaining Scotland.

He always seemed proud to pull on the dark-blue, unlike most OF players who see it as an inconvenience to their club career.

I quite liked Colin Hendry when he was at Blackburn and captaining Scotland.

He always seemed proud to pull on the dark-blue, unlike most OF players who see it as an inconvenience to their club career.

Wasn't Colin Hendry done for punching his girlfriend about? 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Wasn't Colin Hendry done for punching his girlfriend about?

He was charged for stalking his ex girlfriend, whom he later got back together with. He is another one of those high earning footballers who went bankrupt a few years after their careers ended.

*insert signature here*

Colin Hendry as a player. A strange one I suppose, as he was the right player at the right time - he was a big lump of a defender and his career ascendancy coincided with Alex McLeish retiring and Richard Gough's fallout with Andy Roxburgh. He was a good alternative to them, indeed he done well for the national team however he also had some real shockers for the Scottish team as well. The one that springs to mind was the 3-0 defeat by Morocco in the 1998 World Cup. The other was the Euro96 defeat against England where Paul Gascoigne left him standing in awe of him when he scored 'that' goal.

Richard Gough was a far better defender than Colin Hendry.

*insert signature here*

Voted Ewan & Murray & Strachan. Murray I’ve hated for years, his constant talking down of the game he’s covering in the Guardian and overall just being a miserable bastard. I’ve never taken to Strachan, and only grew more annoyed at him the further back he took Scotland. His comments on Sky the other month re: racism served as a nice wee reminder of what a tosser he is.

(Honourable mention for the guy that constantlly whistles in the Cowshed, prick)

With seven candidates sitting on four votes, the cull has been pretty big, leaving us a mere fourteen finalists, all of whom, I'm sure you'll agree have their own credible case to land this coveted title.

So, as with the format of last year's poll, I'll reduce the candidates gradually- to seven, four and then the final two this time.

You only get one vote from here on in, my own prediction is that we'll see a posthumous award.

May the best man win.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived