Championship 19/20 - Page 20 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 19/20

SpoonTon

When the rest of the outside world has decided that plastic = bad, why should Football be going in the opposite direction with what is a fundamental basic ingredient of the beautiful game the world over?

AstroTurf, or this '3G pitch' nonsense is an abomination on the eyes. Its like fluorescent pink Football shirts, central Asian teams in European competitions, betting adverts everywhere, stupid spiky haircuts, failed hipster beards, rainbow laces, vegans, 'ultras' with flawed political agendas and podcasts.

If this is all acceptable then Football has officially become shite.

*insert signature here*

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tele reporting he had a bust up with the assistant manager after the game on Saturday

As far as I understand the Tele article, the reported bust-up occurred after Mark Farrell had already made the decision to move to a new job elsewhere.

Its like fluorescent pink Football shirts, central Asian teams in European competitions, betting adverts everywhere, stupid spiky haircuts, failed hipster beards, rainbow laces, vegans, 'ultras' with flawed political agendas and podcasts.

It would’ve been faster to list the things you do like

First of all, I do hope that Farrell got a better offer elsewhere. His record over the past eighteen years speaks for itself. We've had a pristine playing surface for the vast majority of that time.

Secondly, IF the Telegraph story is accurate, and this was precipitated by the assistant having a go at home, I hope that bellend McElhone is proud of himself. (never mind, seemingly he handed in his notice way before.)

EOho8Pw.png

In summary from the Tele

Mark handed in his notice weeks ago after receiving significant offer for further employment and he will leave in February

He will take part in appointing his successor

He got into a heated argument with the assistant manager on Saturday which almost came to blows after the game when he switched the floodlights off while the subs were being taken through their cool down after the game.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

Yeah i don't think Mark was happy with the team training on the pitch during the week which meant he wasn't able to treat it properly and do his job.

Call me old fashioned but we're supposed to be running a professional football club here: the needs of the first team therefore take priority over whatever lawn of Britain awards that the groundskeeper might want to attain. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Can't believe folk actually believe what's printed in the Telegraph.

Mark handed his notice in on Saturday evening, having notified CEO previously that he had an offer.

All players left the pitch at 1715 and Mark went to turn off the floodlights, as normal.

Between him leaving the pitch and going to the switch room (at Sinclair St turnstiles), a player decided to go back on the pitch for some further training. Mark returns to the pitch area and confronted by Assistant Manager. The abuse and language aimed at Mark, inches from his face and witnessed by many was a disgrace.

Intimidation, Aggression and bullying has no place in anyone's place of work, and everyone should be treated with the same respect and dignity. 

Mark Farrell has been a tremendous servant to the club, often going above and beyond the call of duty. He has a young family to look after and I, along with I would imagine the vast majority of the support, wish him well in his future career.

It's a bloody shame his time at Morton is ending in this manner.

Mark handed his notice in on Saturday evening, having notified CEO previously that he had an offer.

All players left the pitch at 1715 and Mark went to turn off the floodlights, as normal.

Between him leaving the pitch and going to the switch room (at Sinclair St turnstiles), a player decided to go back on the pitch for some further training. Mark returns to the pitch area and confronted by Assistant Manager. The abuse and language aimed at Mark, inches from his face and witnessed by many was a disgrace.

Intimidation, Aggression and bullying has no place in anyone's place of work, and everyone should be treated with the same respect and dignity. 

Mark Farrell has been a tremendous servant to the club, often going above and beyond the call of duty. He has a young family to look after and I, along with I would imagine the vast majority of the support, wish him well in his future career.

How many of the many witnesses are raising this issue of bullying (as you call it) with the club? Were you one of the witnesses?

EOho8Pw.png

I suspect the next role they’ll be advertising for is a tannoy announcer, not that I disbelieve your account of events. The malaise at the club which has accelerated itself in recent weeks is beginning to look beyond repair now.

Has the chairman been informed of this wee ned’s “alleged” behaviour? Have witness statements been taken? Is he subject to disciplinary action? I do note that there’s a code of conduct in every match programme and assume that this also applies to employees of the club.

VikingTON’s point about the first team’s requirements being the absolute priority is entirely relevant, and one I agree with, but that shouldn’t be done by intimidating and assaulting staff, which is what appears to have happened here.

It really is an unhappy place at the moment, and I’d imagine it’s going to get an awful lot worse before it get’s better. Good luck to Mark in his new role, hopefully it’s not with a rival club.

Management team not happy with the pitch? Guess they want a tottie field due to the style of play that we have of just kicking it the way were facing

Cappielow's pitch typically resembled a Ypres battlefield scene when they were successfully dragging fellow top flight sides down to their level so that doesn't seem like a bad idea at all. 

VikingTON’s point about the first team’s requirements being the absolute priority is entirely relevant, and one I agree with, but that shouldn’t be done by intimidating and assaulting staff, which is what appears to have happened here.

There appears to be (at least) two distinct issues from the information being put around at the moment though: a long-term gripe about use of the pitch; and an incident after Saturday's game as well. The first issue probably fed into the second one - as would happen in any workplace - but in isolation it is a fairly ridiculous hill to die on. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Call me old fashioned but we're supposed to be running a professional football club here: the needs of the first team therefore take priority over whatever lawn of Britain awards that the groundskeeper might want to attain. 

Reserves play here also, if they want a good grass pitch they can't train on it 4 days a week as well.

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

CThere appears to be (at least) two distinct issues from the information being put around at the moment though: a long-term gripe about use of the pitch; and an incident after Saturday's game as well. The first issue probably fed into the second one - as would happen in any workplace - but in isolation it is a fairly ridiculous hill to die on. 

Hoppy wants a 4G pitch it seems so by training on it he is degrading the pitch therefore strengthening his argument to get one

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

Reserves play here also, if they want a good grass pitch they can't train on it 4 days a week as well.

Good grass pitches (and using council facilities to train during the week) cost money though which should be prioritised on having a first team that isn't total dung instead. So either the club groundsman adjusts his program to the fact that the days of spunking money away on the likes of that and doubling the kitman's wages are now over or he finds a new role instead (which he has already managed to do, so best of luck to him). 

The football club does not revolve around having a nice pitch. 

Archived