Fan Ownership - Morton Club Together - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Fan Ownership - Morton Club Together

TheGoon

I remember donating a tenner a month to the trust, up to a total of £500.  Where did that get us?  Don't even get an emailed newsletter from the trust any more.  I'd quite like my money back...

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it does. That's relying on around 80-100% of our match attending support to contribute. Hearts have 8,000, around 50%. Motherwell got 1,000 when there's launched. St Mirren got 1,300.

I've not even been on Pie and Bovril you melt, simple mathematics will tell you it's ambitious :lol:

^^^idiot found etc

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Yes it does. That's relying on around 80-100% of our match attending support to contribute. Hearts have 8,000, around 50%. Motherwell got 1,000 when there's launched. St Mirren got 1,300.

I've not even been on Pie and Bovril you melt, simple mathematics will tell you it's ambitious :lol:

You can have one off investors donating anything from £250 up so you could, for example, have a wealthy businessman who wants to say they have shares in a club or are involved in something like this who puts in a few grand so that would reduce the number of tenner subscriptions.

^^^idiot found etc

If you think that it isn't ambitious to say that there are enough people with an interest in Morton to garner £400,000 in 24 months, you're the only idiot on the thread I'm afraid.

Didn't take long for the infighting to begin between the people willing to back it and the people thinking it will fail :lol:

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

You can have one off investors donating anything from £250 up so you could, for example, have a wealthy businessman who wants to say they have shares in a club or are involved in something like this who puts in a few grand so that would reduce the number of tenner subscriptions.

Hej is struggling to grasp this simple fact.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

On a specific note, there's a few references to Crawford Rae "possibly" recommending that GC write-off the debts to them. Hasn't this already effectively been done? 

Also, I'm a bit wary of the whole "very real threats to the club's existence" thing. There's not really. We might be looking at lower league mediocrity, but even the most doom-laden prediction would struggle to see a situation arising where the club ceases to exist.

AWMSC

On a specific note, there's a few references to Crawford Rae "possibly" recommending that GC write-off the debts to them. Hasn't this already effectively been done? 

Also, I'm a bit wary of the whole "very real threats to the club's existence" thing. There's not really. We might be looking at lower league mediocrity, but even the most doom-laden prediction would struggle to see a situation arising where the club ceases to exist.

Aye, this. 

I though the headline in the DR was a bit strong. We're not really needing saved as the put it. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

I’m intrigued to say the least. I’m glad the opportunity is there for me and others to invest in the club at least, and no bad can really come of this. It’s worth having a go and seeing where it takes us, I don’t think £400k in two years is as mental as others do. Ambitious, but not completely pie in the sky.

I'm not being grumpy at all. Your failure to comprehend things even after they've been explained to you has irritated me.

I haven't failed to understand anything. :lol:

It's still the the exact same total amount needed from the same pool of people, regardless of who contributes what. It doesn't make it any less ambitious a figure. 

It's still the the exact same total amount needed from the same pool of people, regardless of who contributes what. It doesn't make it any less ambitious a figure.

Still. Jesus wept.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Well, actually, it does make a difference because if it was limited to £10 a month then attracting >1500 people would be too ambitious. But, attracting a few bigger investors plus having regular fans give more than £10 a month greatly reduces the number of people needed and, therefore, increases the chance of success.

Well, actually, it does make a difference because if it was limited to £10 a month then attracting >1500 people would be too ambitious. But, attracting a few bigger investors plus having regular fans give more than £10 a month greatly reduces the number of people needed and, therefore, increases the chance of success.

Simple maths really. 

Hej normally quite intelligent too. 

Sad!

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Archived