ton v alloa - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

ton v alloa

beetee

Anyone who thinks that a cost-cutting board without a pot to piss in will willingly pay him the best part of a year's salary to just leave is being rather optimistic. Unless the Finnish dud somehow gets us relegated or decides to rage quit then he'll be going nowhere - the fact that we've already added Dykes for next season suggests that both board and manager are planning to continue. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who thinks that a cost-cutting board without a pot to piss in will willingly pay him the best part of a year's salary to just leave is being rather optimistic. Unless the Finnish dud somehow gets us relegated or decides to rage quit then he'll be going nowhere - the fact that we've already added Dykes for next season suggests that both board and manager are planning to continue.

Every chance they will have a break clause in his deal. The Board are incompetent, yes but they are also stingey so would be shocked if they didn't have a cheap clause to punt him.

If they were considering triggering this break clause (evidence for which = n/a) then why would they let the manager tie up Dykes at the end of March, when someone else might be assessing the squad six weeks later? 'Gross incompetence' is enough to account for a lot of decision-making at Cappielow but that would be plainly irrational as well. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

correct

At the same time, they want to be breaking even from now on and a large element of that will be season tickets sales/pay at the gate punters next season and keeping JJ on when the vast majority of fans don't want him, could easily have an adverse effect.

I'm hoping that both Crawford and JJ wont be there on the 1st day of next season!

At the same time, they want to be breaking even from now on and a large element of that will be season tickets sales/pay at the gate punters next season and keeping JJ on when the vast majority of fans don't want him, could easily have an adverse effect.

I'm hoping that both Crawford and JJ wont be there on the 1st day of next season!

Indeed. It's a price that's going to have to be paid whether they like it or not. The McKinnon compensation should surely cover the biggest whack of it, if nothing else.

AWMSC

Every chance they will have a break clause in his deal. The Board are incompetent, yes but they are also stingey so would be shocked if they didn't have a cheap clause to punt him.

Just like the clauses we never had in McKinnon's contract?

And administrative competence by a board that messed up the administration and compensation entitlement of our only compensatable youth assets of recent years?

Not asking much are you?

Or they will celebrate the absolute non event of scraping staying up like the loser club we are, safe in the knowledge that the core support of happy clapping morons will applaud them off the pitch on the final day (even if the opposition score double figures) and will turn up next season regardless of whether we sack the worst manager in our history or not.

Indeed. It's a price that's going to have to be paid whether they like it or not. The McKinnon compensation should surely cover the biggest whack of it, if nothing

wish you were right but they diserve each other

Dont forget Hawke

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Indeed. It's a price that's going to have to be paid whether they like it or not.

If the board felt that way then they wouldn’t have let the Finnish dud start putting together another squad right now. People need to face up to reality here: the club has already put all its cards on the table for next season. Barring relegation or a swift takeover it’ll be the TTGJ and Dylan Dykes ‘sustainability’ roadshow and nothing else. You can choose to buy into that plan or not but to believe that slithering to the end of the season having secured our status is somehow going to change that plan is just mindless wishful thinking right now.

Archived