ton v alloa - Page 18 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

ton v alloa

beetee

The Morton fans who pride themselves on cheerleading the failure culture at this club are just as much a part of the problem at the club as anyone else.

Exactly. The whole mindset of the club has to change and it starts from the top. See 9 Strathblane Crescent (who still hasn't confirmed his identity despite hints as to who he is from others) for a perfect example. Wants us to believe we should be grateful for what we have and blames the support for us not progressing. Until such people are weeded out of positions of power or influence at our club we'll NEVER progress as some will hang on their every word. Morton need a professional, forward thinking board not a bunch of leeches and hangers on who are in awe of the Rae dynasty and endorse everything they say as soon as they show a bit of leg.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9SC has been peddling the same bull since he was the Trust Chairman.

I'd love to see the hingers on try the same brown nosing to the Easdales.

So who is he? I've been told he could be two or three different people. Dont know why he's so reluctant to say if he has the courage of his convictions.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Easdales are not coming in. They still have their shares at Ibrox.

It is evident there is no plan B as everyone is begging them to come forward. They have 6million shares in Rangers and a substantial % of that club.

What is plan B?

They own just over £2million 'worth'

That's something a manager does as a last desperate move to get a reaction out of his players. Not a promising sign for the last four games if he's completely out of ideas.

I remember thinking something similar during the relegation season. I remember having a rant at one of the (many) home defeats around about the turn of the year. The folk in front of me went mental and said that Moore just needed more time and that I should shut up or back the team. I remember a similar type of scenario during the final parts of McInally's Morton career too. The Morton fans who pride themselves on cheerleading the failure culture at this club are just as much a part of the problem at the club as anyone else.

Doesn't feel as if there are as many of those at the moment. Sure there are happy clappers but at the last few games I have been surrounded by (and involved in) venom and nobody has made any attempt to argue back...not since Tannadice anyway.

Doesn't feel as if there are as many of those at the moment. Sure there are happy clappers but at the last few games I have been surrounded by (and involved in) venom and nobody has made any attempt to argue back...not since Tannadice anyway.

Aye, I've not spoke to one person who thinks he should still be in a job. Its so obvious he should be sacked and worrying that he hasn't been.

I have sympathy with Rae as he's left with a club he supports but can't afford to run and doesn't seem to be able to find anyone to buy it, but not sacking the manager is just plain wrong. Id even suggest taking a hit on next year's already reduced budget if that's what it takes to get rid of him.

I don’t think Hopkin would come in at the minute and chance having another relegation from this division on his CV. He could walk into the job in the summer though, I reckon he’d still have his sights set on England.

Maybe Hopkin would come in to help us out until the end of the season, with no commitment beyond that.

He'd basically have nothing to lose. We don't look capable of winning a game right now, so can't really complain if we continue to be awful. If we were to win a couple of games suddenly, we'd be safe... Hoppy leaves with our thanks!

Just no way he could be as bad as JJ.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Hopkin should have been brought in yesterday (if he's even interested) giving him a full week to work with the players before the ICT game.  I'm pretty confident that would be enough time to improve on even a little than what that charlatan JJ has already been doing!

here today, gone to hell

I remember thinking something similar during the relegation season. I remember having a rant at one of the (many) home defeats around about the turn of the year. The folk in front of me went mental and said that Moore just needed more time and that I should shut up or back the team. I remember a similar type of scenario during the final parts of McInally's Morton career too. The Morton fans who pride themselves on cheerleading the failure culture at this club are just as much a part of the problem at the club as anyone else. 

Agree entirely.

I suppose it's a bit tricky in a way as you don't necessarily want to have big protests every five minute and what not, but over the years there's been such a palpable acceptance of whatever shite the club has served up that's held us back. Every manager who over-stayed their welcome, every failed league campaign, every under-performing or unremarkably performing player who kept wringing new deals out the club...there was never really any hint that the support as a whole thought all of that was anything other than acceptable when quite frankly none of it was. Perhaps if there had been a bit of displeasure aired here and there it might have dented the Raes' fragile egos enough to alter their course.

More likely than not old Dougie would just have blamed the fans for his own failings again, but you never know.

AWMSC

Aye, I've not spoke to one person who thinks he should still be in a job. Its so obvious he should be sacked and worrying that he hasn't been.

I have sympathy with Rae as he's left with a club he supports but can't afford to run and doesn't seem to be able to find anyone to buy it, but not sacking the manager is just plain wrong. Id even suggest taking a hit on next year's already reduced budget if that's what it takes to get rid of him.

Have we actively tried to get the club out there as sellable? Other than a few local rag stories, have we actively flaunted ourselves. Normal businesses do this the world over as standard practice when looking for a sale or new investment.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

a couple of random thoughts.

Do people really think that Hopkin wants to take on the risk of relegating two teams in one season?  That is not a great record to take to interview.

And don't be over excited by us having a youngster from the Bournemouth academy in the team.  Bournemouth may have financially doped their way into the EPL, but their academy is third tier in the FA rankings.  A mate's son went there when he was released from Charlton aged 16.  It's a higher standard than Morton has, but it is way behind several clubs in League 1 and the majority of clubs in the Championship.  I understand the lack of investment when Southampton are hoovering up all the good kids from the area as well as kids from south west london since the recruitment rules changed for EPL academies. 

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

Said this a few times, but there's money from McKinnon and Bachirou there. It's unfortunate to have to use that in such a way, but to use a well-worn proverb, sometimes you need to speculate to accumulate. The damage to the club in terms of money, reputation, standing with the fans etc will be far greater if Johansson stays than if the compensation money doesn't get used to punt him and bring somebody competent in. 

We know that Crawford Rae is in the business of making plans that depend on fading octogenarians staying alive though, so I don't particularly expect him to have the wit to realise any of this. 

Have we actively tried to get the club out there as sellable? Other than a few local rag stories, have we actively flaunted ourselves. Normal businesses do this the world over as standard practice when looking for a sale or new investment.

It'd probably help if he gave the "woe is use, the club's losing money all the time" patter, to be honest. His comments on selling have all been couched in "I can't be arsed, this is shite" terms (which funnily enough is about the only thing he'd be in tune with the supporters on), so if you're coming across as being desperate to punt a business you're saying in a financial blackhole then you're not putting yourself in a very good position.

AWMSC

I’d obviously much rather have him than Johansson - I’d probably rather Hawke put himself in charge than suffer another game of Johansson at this point - but it’s worth noting that Hopkin took over a relegation threatened team before and failed to turn them around, while that was with half a season to do it rather than four games.

His big success with Livingston came when he got to building a squad in a summer to scoosh League One then keeping their momentum going the following season by keeping the squad together and adjusting his style of play appropriately, after failing to get any improvement from them before they were relegated from the Championship.

It is only really four or five points we need and I’d have much more faith in anyone who isn’t Johansson getting that, but turning round a struggling team isn’t something Hopkin’s succeeded at before.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Said this a few times, but there's money from McKinnon and Bachirou there. It's unfortunate to have to use that in such a way, but to use a well-worn proverb, sometimes you need to speculate to accumulate. The damage to the club in terms of money, reputation, standing with the fans etc will be far greater if Johansson stays than if the compensation money doesn't get used to punt him and bring somebody competent in. 

We know that Crawford Rae is in the business of making plans that depend on fading octogenarians staying alive though, so I don't particularly expect him to have the wit to realise any of this. 

It'd probably help if he gave the "woe is use, the club's losing money all the time" patter, to be honest. His comments on selling have all been couched in "I can't be arsed, this is s***e" terms (which funnily enough is about the only thing he'd be in tune with the supporters on), so if you're coming across as being desperate to punt a business you're saying in a financial blackhole then you're not putting yourself in a very good position.

Exactly, Any story in paper has been along the lines of "well, we widny staun in anywans way if they wanted tae buy iz". A typical Morton approach to a potential business deal.

There's plenty ways to flaunt ourselves to potential buyers/investors. We're nowhere near proactive enough. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

I dunno how they've been trying. It's a difficult one though - they've basically said it without coming out and saying it's for sale so I'm guessing this is aimed at the Easdales.

The problem is if they actually say publicly we're for sale and flaunt it more openly then there's a whole perception risk where it becomes more difficult to attract players and managers for next season.

It's a fine line they have to tread with this but I think it's obvious it's for sale and I'd assume they are actively asking people behind the scenes. Like Rae or not, I can't imagine he's enjoying this and will want out soon.

Said this a few times, but there's money from McKinnon and Bachirou there.

The Bachirou money was received well over a year ago and is well gone... went towards reducing our huge loss for 2017/18.

Obviously the board has looked at the potential of cost of going down against the cost of getting rid of the manager and decided it's worth taking the chance that JJ will manage to keep us in the division. Pretty risky IMO...

TRUST THE DUFF

Archived