morton against dunfermline - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

morton against dunfermline

beetee

If the budget is to be cut as said there is no way the club is going to pay off a managers 18 month contract. We are stuck with him and due to the early bird season tickets the club won't even lose out on anywhere near as much money as usual when the crowds dwindle.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the worst games I’ve ever been at.

Definitely one of the worst refs I’ve saw in charge of a Morton game, with puzzling decisions for both teams. Crazy that when we get Willie Collum as our ref we get fans saying fuck off naw Collum, because of his reputation, not actually things he’s gave aginst us, because he’s a lot better than that helmet today.

Thought Dallas was decent today good movement and hold up play but he had virtually no support from the midfield. The two centre half's were solid enough other than that meh. Higginbotham probably mom looking at it objectively.

Absolutely awful performance. We are so predictable on the ball, lump it up to absolutely no one or give it to tumilty who will have his cross cleared by the first defender. 0 shots in target today against a rank rotten Dunfermline side. Have to mention to the pitch today which was a bog, iredale and tidser having terrible bobbles before trying to play the ball. I’d prefer going down the astro route if that’s what the first team are getting in winter, need to evaluate if the money from Celtic outweighs what we’d save on parklea

Thought Dallas was decent today good movement and hold up play but he had virtually no support from the midfield. The two centre half's were solid enough other than that meh. Higginbotham probably mom looking at it objectively.

His hold up play and movement was good, couple of heavy lay offs though, probably his first senior start, done ok.

If the budget is to be cut as said there is no way the club is going to pay off a managers 18 month contract. We are stuck with him and due to the early bird season tickets the club won't even lose out on anywhere near as much money as usual when the crowds dwindle.

We really do need an explanation about the budget thing. It's came right out the blue, don't think anybody would have expected "cutting the squad" to have been part of the manager's remit given that it wasn't exactly huge to start with.

To go from "top flight in three years" to charging a rookie gaffer with trimming the squad to the bare bones in the space of three months stretches credulity. For all my doubts about the board and their long-term ambitions, I'm not entirely convinced by Johansson's claims but it's far too important an issue to be allowed to pass without an explanation.

AWMSC

Iredale had his worst game as well. Never got forward til the very end and basically toed the ball out of play with his first touch all game. Looks shot of any confidence.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

We really do need an explanation about the budget thing. It's came right out the blue, don't think anybody would have expected "cutting the squad" to have been part of the manager's remit given that it wasn't exactly huge to start with.

To go from "top flight in three years" to charging a rookie gaffer with trimming the squad to the bare bones in the space of three months stretches credulity. For all my doubts about the board and their long-term ambitions, I'm not entirely convinced by Johansson's claims but it's far too important an issue to be allowed to pass without an explanation.

the board isn't required to answer to you me or anybdy unfortunately

Tumulty is rotten, the amount of time and space he gets down that right hand side, and most of the time he wastes it, either with a cross that can’t beat the 1st man, or a left foot shot over the bar.

His crossing was embarrassing. As someone else said Iredale seems to be lacking confidence

Worst performance I have seen for a long time

Not starting Tidser was bad enough but to keep him waiting and watching that shambles until the 75th minute is just criminal verging on negligence

Two rangers loanees had decent debuts

Dykes was knackered after 60 minutes and should have been subbed

Bob was ok but should have taken the early chance

Millar motm

Teller is a powder puff with no pace and no end product

We made Dunfermline look like world beaters

Horrendous display

To put it in perspective Dunfermline had Scully in goal - how many crosses or shots did he have to deal with? Setting up to be solid at the back is one thing, setting up defensively at home against complete dross is unacceptable. JJ thinking it was ok after last week is now just taking the piss.

So JJ doesn't rate the squad and is setting them up for damage limitation, is that it?

That's the impression you're getting, but it's a fuckin stupid one. It isn't great but it isn't close to being a bad one and it's absolutely good enough to go out comfortably dispatch the likes of East Fife, Alloa and a badly struggling Dunfermline side. Again, the only two words really needed in all of this are "Michael Tidser".

AWMSC

JJ will definitely say he was pleased with the clean sheet..

I thought the game was one of the worst I have seen in years.

To have Zero shots on target at home is appalling.

JB.

Power To The Powerless,

Strength Unto The Weak!

Diabolical. They must have had 80% of the ball and didn’t need to win a tackle, we continuously gave it up. How they didn’t win that is an indictment on how garbage they are.

Players are playing on their instincts. There’s no patterns of play or semblance of a game plan. None of that can be fixed on a Saturday. There’s clearly nothing going on at training, or Johansson doesn’t have the force of personality to get his ideas across.

We’re not good enough to fling 11 guys into a formation and let them figure it out. If Tidsers taking the ball he should automatically be aware of where the options are coming from, depending on where he is (a man coming short inside, someone overlapping, two players lined across to switch to the other side, type of thing). We need to be that well drilled, Alloa, Ayr, Inverness, etc are.

That's the impression you're getting, but it's a ****in stupid one. It isn't great but it isn't close to being a bad one and it's absolutely good enough to go out comfortably dispatch the likes of East Fife, Alloa and a badly struggling Dunfermline side. Again, the only two words really needed in all of this are "Michael Tidser".

Yeah, I don't like the idea. Maybe against the stronger teams but not our last three opponents. You can say we're light up front and have mistakes in us at the back, but eight teams in the division would cop to both of those.

I can't imagine it does the squad's confidence much good to be told they have to cling on for dear life against tripe like Dunfermline.

There's acknowledging limitations and then there's just being a fucking loser, and I fear JJ is a fucking loser.

EOho8Pw.png

Yeah, I don't like the idea. Maybe against the stronger teams but not our last three opponents. You can say we're light up front and have mistakes in us at the back, but eight teams in the division would cop to both of those.

I can't imagine it does the squad's confidence much good to be told they have to cling on for dear life against tripe like Dunfermline.

There's acknowledging limitations and then there's just being a ****ing loser, and I fear JJ is a ****ing loser.

Aye but did you know he found Morelos?

Iredale had his worst game as well. Never got forward til the very end and basically toed the ball out of play with his first touch all game. Looks shot of any confidence.

If you watch and listen to his interview after the East Fife game you would be in no doubt his confidence is shot - I thought at one point he was going to burst into tears.

The last game I can actually recall was the 5-1 against Partick. Every other game I’ve been too since has been an absolute non-event. We create absolutely nothing. We could have Lewandowski up front but if you don’t create anything, it’s irrelevant.

That was f*cking boring today.

The Ton Survived & Your Pipe Dream Died

18th September 2014

Archived