morton against dunfermline - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

morton against dunfermline

beetee

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He won't be cut slack until we have some consistency about our performances. He's not won 3 games in a row since he took over so a win today in isolation is not going to solve all our problems.

I'm more intrigued for today due to the signings than i would have been previously, however in reality a goalkeeper isn't going to solve any of the issues caused by how unbalanced our squad is, so really the only difference is going to be Dallas and it would be completely unfair to expect a young striker with hardly any first team experience to come in and completely transform our performances.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

He won't be cut clack until we have some consistency about our performances. He's not won 3 games in a row since he took over so a win today in isolation is not going to solve all our problems.

I'm more intrigued for today due to the signings than i would have been previously, however in reality a goalkeeper isn't going to solve any of the issues caused by how unbalanced our squad is, so really the only difference is going to be Dallas and it would be completely unfair to expect a young striker with hardly any first team experience to come in and completely transform our performances.

Agree and Gaston won't be dropped today. However he looks a big lad and if he commands his box unlike Gaston I would try him out

Agree and Gaston won't be dropped today. However he looks a big lad and if he commands his box unlike Gaston I would try him out

I'm not sure about that. Clubs who loan out players generally do so to get them game time and while with an outfield player that can be a part of the squad and coming off the bench, it doesn't work like that for a goalie.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see McCrorie as our number one for the rest of the season.

I'm not sure about that. Clubs who loan out players generally do so to get them game time and while with an outfield player that can be a part of the squad and coming off the bench, it doesn't work like that for a goalie.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see McCrorie as our number one for the rest of the season.

Didn't work out that way with Doohan when we got him from Celtic and Duffy never gave him a sniff of action. He is now getting rave reviews most weeks for Ayr.

The way JJ has spoken about McCrorie doesn't sound like he is just bench warming backup, so will be definitely interesting to see if and when he is put in.

He won't be cut slack until we have some consistency about our performances. He's not won 3 games in a row since he took over so a win today in isolation is not going to solve all our problems.

Allan Moore didn't win 3 games in a row in his first 2 league seasons with us. If JJ follows that example it might be a while before we cut him some slack.

Didn't work out that way with Doohan when we got him from Celtic and Duffy never gave him a sniff of action. He is now getting rave reviews most weeks for Ayr.

The way JJ has spoken about McCrorie doesn't sound like he is just bench warming backup, so will be definitely interesting to see if and when he is put in.

He gave it the big 'un about Dykes too, tbf. Could be wrong, but I can't help thinking that he's just been desperate and phoned up Rangers and took anything they offered just to say he's brought a couple of players in. He hasn't really earned the benefit of the doubt yet.

AWMSC

To be fair, I would imagine Dallas is someone Rangers would want to get out on loan if they have just given him a sizeable contract.

Dunno how he compares with Ridden in terms of quality, given he was likely out starting striker if McKinnon had hung around.

Also, McCrorie has a good rep. A good addition to the squad and an upgrade on Sculpt. He looked decent watching him for u21s v Holland last summer.

I'm by no means JJs biggest fan as morton manager however there's been some very worrying signs the past week that we are cutting the budget drastically so if all he can afford is a couple of favours from his old club then good luck to him.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Allan Moore didn't win 3 games in a row in his first 2 league seasons with us. If JJ follows that example it might be a while before we cut him some slack.

The only teams that have won 3 league games in a row are Ayr (once) and Dun Utd (once, though it was actually 4 wins in a row).

He gave it the big 'un about Dykes too, tbf. Could be wrong, but I can't help thinking that he's just been desperate and phoned up Rangers and took anything they offered just to say he's brought a couple of players in. He hasn't really earned the benefit of the doubt yet.

He has said that he has been chasing Dallas for two months but couldn't get him until his contract situation at Ibrox was sorted.

McCrorie is obviously a more recent development with Scully going. Everything I've read suggests that they are two really good acquisitions and will strengthen our team.

He had also said he hopes to bring in two more.

Archived