Who Is Next? - Page 41 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who Is Next?

Malt

There are a couple of big clubs down south without Managers at the moment - Barnsley and Bradford City - surely they'll have had a look at Davie Hopkin and may be in for him. Others will follow.

There will be a far more lucrative career ahead for him if he goes down south rather than opting for Cappielow.

*insert signature here*

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever happened to all of those dribbling imbeciles from a few weeks ago claiming that Ally McCoist was going to be the manager, due to the great relationship he has with 'thu Eeeeeeeze-dales' who don't even own the club?

I'm one of those dribbling imbeciles as my source was a journalist with decent connections. Whether McCoist was ever in the frame we may never know but I'd no reason to doubt what I was told. In fact I still don't and maybe his appointment was dependant on a takeover? Who knows.

There is no plan. They’ve given themselves 3 years to appoint someone capable of dragging us out of this division/sell the club so they don’t have to worry about it.

Cynical? Maybe.

Nope. I think that's bang on the money and precisely how I see it. It's stalling tactics.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

There's got to be something. Hopkin is obviously giving it some thought to drop down a league and he wouldn't do that if there wasn't some assurances about ambition. I know he's a fan but he's not stupid.

Is there anything concrete to suggest that this is the case? From what I read he hasn't met with the Livi board yet and won't do so until early next week.

EOho8Pw.png

There is no plan. They’ve given themselves 3 years to appoint someone capable of dragging us out of this division/sell the club so they don’t have to worry about it.

Setting out an aim, actions and a deadline to complete a specified task sure looks like a 'plan' to me - I'm not sure what more people are expecting exactly. There will be eight teams aiming to be in the promotion reckoning next season with just one automatic spot and a play-off available. The idea that you can implement any sort of predictable plan in that environment is ridiculous; it'll be a slugfest until the least shan couple of sides break clear at the top. That's been the way of this division for years. I'm not even convinced that the spoon-burners made winning the league their goal at the start of this season; more likely, they reckoned on a stronger Dundee United side and set their target as finishing in the top 3 minimum. 

What the club says or sets out on paper isn't that significant in terms of our intent; what it does counts for much more and that begins with the choice of manager. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Is there anything concrete to suggest that this is the case? From what I read he hasn't met with the Livi board yet and won't do so until early next week.

If it's not then it has to be someone else in a similar situation though.

Is there anything concrete to suggest that this is the case? From what I read he hasn't met with the Livi board yet and pwon't do so until early next week.

He said himself on the radio last Monday I think it was that he was meeting them on Tues and I was also told he was in talking to them on Fri so think its rubbish that he hasnt spoke to them. They are his employers, what have they been doing all week??

Think its more likely they have brushed over the budget in those meetings and next week they go into it in a lot more detail and he then decides if he's happy to take it on.

Duffy and his media mates can go and fuck themselves. Given how the last 2 seasons end in such abject failure under his management he has no right to talk about infrastructure or anything else that needs addressed at the club. 'One of footballs good guys' is finally showing his true colours. He was rightly punted and good riddance to the cunt.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Duffy and his media mates can go and **** themselves. Given how the last 2 seasons end in such abject failure under his management he has no right to talk about infrastructure or anything else that needs addressed at the club. 'One of footballs good guys' is finally showing his true colours. He was rightly punted and good riddance to the ****.

Spot on.

Jim Duffy talking Morton down in any way does him no favours. Look where we were when we beat ICT up there and where we finished and any crap about infrastructure or the lack of a manager's office is shown to be totally irrelevant.

He deserved to be sacked, and we can do better.

I had a lot of time for him as a great player for us and in many aspects of his management style. This sort of talk is really disappointing.

So Daily Record the other day said he had already turned us and Carlisle down. The Sun today saying he will decide early next week between us, Livi and Carlisle (with Bradford a possible late entry into the circus and St Mirren also interested).

Fewer things are more certain in life than the rags talking shite on a regular basis.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2700542/livingston-david-hopkin-decision-on-lions-future/

So Daily Record the other day said he had already turned us and Carlisle down. The Sun today saying he will decide early next week between us, Livi and Carlisle (with Bradford a possible late entry into the circus and St Mirren also interested).

Fewer things are more certain in life than the rags talking s***e on a regular basis.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2700542/livingston-david-hopkin-decision-on-lions-future/

Think its clear we are still in the running and waiting like the other 57 clubs who want him, otherwise why not just appoint plan b( McKinnon, McIntyre, McCulloch etc)

Think its clear we are still in the running and waiting like the other 57 clubs who want him, otherwise why not just appoint plan b( McKinnon, McIntyre, McCulloch etc)

What makes you think McKinnon, McIntyre and McCulloch haven't already been offered the post and declined it after hearing what was on offer?

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

So from that article apparently he’s held talks with us. Hopefully we are doing everything possible to convince him to come home.

If it did happen it would be one of the most promising managerial appointments in recent history as he’s clearly in demand from clubs in a better position than ours. Might convince a lot more fans who are on the fence just now to buy season tickets -by the way, any idea how many sold so far?

If that’s true about Duffy agreeing with what Neilson said then he needs to be careful he doesn’t wander down the Rowan Alexander path and end up unwelcome at Cappielow

Reminder please, what was it that Rowan Alexander did that made him so unwelcome at Cappielow?

Personally, for me, Rowan Alexander and Derek Collins (another that some don't seem to like) remain Morton legends... a mile ahead of anything we've had at the club in the last decade.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Think if you look back at his time as gretna manager, he made some rather choice comments about Morton.

Collins was a legend in that he played the most times. His latter spell and also his time as assistant didn't really do much for his status to say the least.

Reminder please, what was it that Rowan Alexander did that made him so unwelcome at Cappielow?

Personally, for me, Rowan Alexander and Derek Collins (another that some don't seem to like) remain Morton legends... a mile ahead of anything we've had at the club in the last decade.

Making outlandish statements in order to garner a reaction, and spitting the dummy when things didn't go his way. A concept you'll be familiar with, fuckwit.

What makes you think McKinnon, McIntyre and McCulloch haven't already been offered the post and declined it after hearing what was on offer?

They could well have, but I doubt 3 guys currently out of work and presumably keen to get back involved would decline such an offer.

Making outlandish statements in order to garner a reaction, and spitting the dummy when things didn't go his way. A concept you'll be familiar with, fuckwit.

Ahh.. still scum I see.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Archived