2017 - 2018 - Championship Updates And Scores - Page 52 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

2017 - 2018 - Championship Updates And Scores

Chesh

I remember being in the "players' lounge" (is it still there?) during the Peterhead playoff game and all the subs had a pie at half time. I wonder how much has changed since 2004?

Then again fitness can't hide inability; just look at David McGregor. Fit as a fiddle but very poor.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ehmm... if you don't get that I'm actually fishing for reactions like yours, you're kind of slow on the uptake! ;-)

Genuinely though, a brilliant achievement by Livi. Fit, organised and hard working... the Morton squad hasn't been fit enough in recent years, that's a simple starting point for our next manager.

Duffy had our players at very good fitness levels for most of his time here. Aside from actual injuries, anyone who played never really looked burned out apart from the last few games last season where Murdoch, Lindsay and Forbes all just looked absolutely fucked after playing every game.

Duffy’s the first manager who I’ve thought had every player giving it 100% every week.

I remember being in the "players' lounge" (is it still there?) during the Peterhead playoff game and all the subs had a pie at half time. I wonder how much has changed since 2004?

Then again fitness can't hide inability; just look at David McGregor. Fit as a fiddle but very poor.

It must be something the club have looked at though since Crawford mentioned sports science and looking at what the players ate, etc.

Davie McGregor being described as fit is something I never thought I would hear. He was made of glass

"He's not the messiah........He's a very naughty boy!.............Now P*ss Off!"

Davie McGregor being described as fit is something I never thought I would hear. He was made of glass

He was fit in terms of stamina - he could run all day. That's not the same as being injury-prone.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived