Season Tickets - Page 59 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Season Tickets

Jamie_M

This is just another example of how not to do things from a club that does it's best to alienate it's support at every opportunity.

Usual song and dance at the outset, followed by months of deafening silence and now it's not a priority because the world has changed.

Well done Morton, your clown car reputation is secure and well deserved.

Think you've maybe read too much into this. The report itself isn't a priority because much of it is now dated (much of it is also really useful, but more so for the back end of the Community Trust in terms of targetting areas for provision etc). The project itself is ongoing, there just isn't all that much to update at the minute.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt I would have read too much into anything if it hadn't been for the trumpet fanfare that announced the report in the first place. Perhaps next time (and there will be a next time) Morton might consider saying nothing and delivering nothing. That would be progress indeed.

I’m sure the announcement of the study was called “Breaking News” by the tele. Seems bizarre the club let us all know about it then didn’t let us know even a brief summary of the outcome.

Those two reasons are

i) founded largely on false premises (such as Hawke's notorious back of a fag packet study finding that Morton fans were 'abusing' the concession gate more than any comparable club to deny 'its' rightful money), and

ii) do not even remotely justify spunking more than £100k on a set of shan turnstiles in order to solve them.

And you know this because you have the figures at hand? I'd be surprised in the club did not know the ROI for this project.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

And you know this because you have the figures at hand? I'd be surprised in the club did not know the ROI for this project.

:1eye:   If the club read this, they'd probably spend the rest of the day scratching their head trying to figure out what the Republic of Ireland has to do with it.

:1eye:   If the club read this, they'd probably spend the rest of the day scratching their head trying to figure out what the Republic of Ireland has to do with it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

I know this because Hawke publicly described his methodology for concluding that Morton were being done out of 'their' rightful money as being a comparison with the concession figures at other Championship clubs. Which without taking account of different forms of eligibility (Morton having long given concession entry to the unemployed: most clubs do not) and demographics (OAP and student age fans; unemployment levels as above) is an absolutely meaningless comparison. The entirely unsupported claim that gate money wasn't secure could be solved by changing personnel and the two-bob conditions of the job. So two largely groundless claims for installing electronic turnstiles then: particularly as they do absolutely nothing to prevent people rocking up with a concession ticket anyway. But the club is once again convinced that their issues are Someone Else's Fault, and as soon as it finally get 'its' rightful money from the deceitful fanbase/gate operators then we'll have regular top flight football and a La Masia conveyor setup for the youths.

That you trust the club's much vaunted claims of a return on a capital project that they have mishandled in every other way is laughable.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The feasibility study was simply a ‘Look how innovative and forward thinking I am’ project for someone to stick their name onto, in an attempt to secure a full time job at the club. It appears a good few folk have been duped into believing it was something more meaningful than that, which in itself is one of the problems at Cappielow.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

The feasibility study was simply a ‘Look how innovative and forward thinking I am’ project for someone to stick their name onto, in an attempt to secure a full time job at the club. It appears a good few folk have been duped into believing it was something more meaningful than that, which in itself is one of the problems at Cappielow.

Na, that’s rubbish.

I know this because Hawke publicly described his methodology for concluding that Morton were being done out of 'their' rightful money as being a comparison with the concession figures at other Championship clubs. Which without taking account of different forms of eligibility (Morton having long given concession entry to the unemployed: most clubs do not) and demographics (OAP and student age fans; unemployment levels as above) is an absolutely meaningless comparison. The entirely unsupported claim that gate money wasn't secure could be solved by changing personnel and the two-bob conditions of the job. So two largely groundless claims for installing electronic turnstiles then: particularly as they do absolutely nothing to prevent people rocking up with a concession ticket anyway. But the club is once again convinced that their issues are Someone Else's Fault, and as soon as it finally get 'its' rightful money from the deceitful fanbase/gate operators then we'll have regular top flight football and a La Masia conveyor setup for the youths.

That you trust the club's much vaunted claims of a return on a capital project that they have mishandled in every other way is laughable.

I think you'll find that the number of concessions reduced dramatically after people using the concession turnstiles were asked for proof. That was before the move to the electronic turnstiles so although Hawke made the statement based on other clubs it was eventually borne out by taking action at the turnstiles. This of course meant an increase in stewarding which cost money.

As for the cash question at the turnstiles I'm sure the club will be able to give a more accurate picture at the AGM as to the success or otherwise of the introduction of the ticket office rather than your surmising that it hasn't been a success. Which is indeed laughable.

Your last point I can't answer as I have no idea what the ROI projection was for the project. Again a question for a future AGM.

I think you'll find that the number of concessions reduced dramatically after people using the concession turnstiles were asked for proof. That was before the move to the electronic turnstiles so although Hawke made the statement based on other clubs it was eventually borne out by taking action at the turnstiles. This of course meant an increase in stewarding which cost money.

As for the cash question at the turnstiles I'm sure the club will be able to give a more accurate picture at the AGM as to the success or otherwise of the introduction of the ticket office rather than your surmising that it hasn't been a success. Which is indeed laughable.

Your last point I can't answer as I have no idea what the ROI projection was for the project. Again a question for a future AGM.

AGM? Are these not optional monologues for all things related to Morton?  :1eye: 

Not true, what happened is typical of what happens when you have people running an IT project who have never run an IT project before. GMFC were just as much to blame , or you could say naive, when it came to the project. 

The real lesson learned is not to try and run an IT project, or any project for that matter, if you don't have the experience. It's full of pitfalls as the club found out to their cost.

Considering that you were part of a "committee" who manage to collectively make a loss at the "stars of 79" night then contrive to blame it on the most gormless on the committee, makes me think that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

*insert signature here*

Enforcing proof for concessions brought in more income - good.

Where do electronic turnstiles fit into this? They don't.

FWIW I think upgrading turnstiles that are the best part of a century old is an eminently sensible thing to do, just that Morton are the wrong people to try doing it for the reasons you've already given. But to conflate the concession issue with the physical turnstiles is a red herring.

EOho8Pw.png

Bishop Brennan is Bang on the money.

It's the award winning formula of the era:

Charity+Community+Poverty+Equality+Harmony+Voluntary+Elderly+Disabilities+EnvironmentFriendly+Employability+Health&Wellbeing=

Lots of grants worth tens of thousands plus a £40k+ salary for the bid writer who becomes the chief executive, without much in the way of accountability.

Chairman Hawke can consider himself lucky that Inverclyde isnt overrun with Ethnics, Gays and Lesbians otherwise he wouldn't have got a sniff at £25k for a mere 'Feasibility Study'.

*insert signature here*

Bishop Brennan is Bang on the money.

It's the award winning formula of the era:

Charity+Community+Poverty+Equality+Harmony+Voluntary+Elderly+Disabilities+EnvironmentFriendly+Employability+Health&Wellbeing=

Lots of grants worth tens of thousands plus a £40k+ salary for the bid writer who becomes the chief executive, without much in the way of accountability.

Chairman Hawke can consider himself lucky that Inverclyde isnt overrun with Ethnics, Gays and Lesbians otherwise he wouldn't have got a sniff at £25k for a mere 'Feasibility Study'.

Well that’s...a view.

Well that’s...a view.

Well, here is a question to go along with that view:

What did the £25k grant for the "feasibility study" achieve? Did it achieve anything more than giving a few hundred pounds to a couple of postgraduates would have achieved?

What was £25k spent on? Is it itemised? Is there money left over? Is there a conclusion? Was it a waste of money?

*insert signature here*

Well that’s...a view.

All I know is, someone out there is giving out public funding so some Scouse arsehole can **** around with a scanner and a card printer.

I'm sure we were all shocked by the Paradise Papers but thinking about it, if I was super-wealthy there's absolutely no way in hell I'd pay a penny of tax more than I absolutely had to, knowing some simpering loser was doling out public money to professional football clubs to spend on magic beans. If some schools and hospitals have to close down that's a price I'm willing to pay, I'm Bono after all.

edit: admittedly this doesn't pertain *exactly* to the feasibility study but it's a similar situation, throwing other peoples' money around with no skin in the game.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived