Scottish Cup: "rangers" Vs. The Famous (12 February 2017, 15:00) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Scottish Cup: "rangers" Vs. The Famous (12 February 2017, 15:00)

TRVMP

QoS were flying when they went to Ibrox a few months ago and got 5 put past them. Hope it doesn't happen to us. I don't really think Rangers have improved a lot since last season. We've got a much better squad and midfield than we did last season. No reason why we can't have a go and try pull off a win.

And we put 5 past QoS as well. We're in with a shout, no doubt about that.

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game will likely be on TV, but given their huff with the BBC, it won't be on council TV.

It used to be that in the case of a local clash, the team out of the hat first tended to get priority for playing on the Saturday. Not sure if it's still that way or if the TV companies have more of a say.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Game will likely be on TV, but given their huff with the BBC, it won't be on council TV.

It used to be that in the case of a local clash, the team out of the hat first tended to get priority for playing on the Saturday. Not sure if it's still that way or if the TV companies have more of a say.

Probably better if it's on Sky rather than BBC for income. Is it 80k a team gets if they get a game live on Sky? Not sure what it is for the BBC.

Probably better if it's on Sky rather than BBC for income. Is it 80k a team gets if they get a game live on Sky? Not sure what it is for the BBC.

It's £82,500 regardless of who broadcasts it. Sky get the first and third picks, so generally pick Celtic's game if Rangers are at home because of the Rangers/BBC spat. That might not be the case though with an Edinburgh Derby provisionally drawn. Last season Sky took that tie first, the BBC took East Kilbride v Celtic and then Sky took Rangers v Kilmarnock, knowing that the BBC wouldn't touch that.

So expect our game and the Edinburgh Derby on Sky, assuming Hearts take care of Raith, and Celtic v Inverness on the BBC. With Sky having a Saturday lunchtime and Sunday afternoon slot, the Edinburgh Derby would certainly be the Sunday as Rangers and Celtic won't play at home the same day. I'd imagine lunchtime on the Saturday for us.

It's £82,500 regardless of who broadcasts it. Sky get the first and third picks, so generally pick Celtic's game if Rangers are at home because of the Rangers/BBC spat. That might not be the case though with an Edinburgh Derby provisionally drawn. Last season Sky took that tie first, the BBC took East Kilbride v Celtic and then Sky took Rangers v Kilmarnock, knowing that the BBC wouldn't touch that.

So expect our game and the Edinburgh Derby on Sky, assuming Hearts take care of Raith, and Celtic v Inverness on the BBC. With Sky having a Saturday lunchtime and Sunday afternoon slot, the Edinburgh Derby would certainly be the Sunday as Rangers and Celtic won't play at home the same day. I'd imagine lunchtime on the Saturday for us.

Will be gutted if it's Saturday lunch time as desperate to see us hand these fannies out a pumping. But have a feeling your right mate.

I hope that any Morton players dont succumb to the half-arsed hacks and copy jockeys with crap stories about them playing their boyhood idols.

For any players reading this, we are not fucking interested in these kind of stories.  The Rangers that you loved as a plooky teenager died in 2012, and this team are not your boyhood heroes. 

Morton are paying your wages, show some respect to their support.

rant over.

*insert signature here*

I hope that any Morton players dont succumb to the half-arsed hacks and copy jockeys with crap stories about them playing their boyhood idols.

For any players reading this, we are not ****ing interested in these kind of stories. The Rangers that you loved as a plooky teenager died in 2012, and this team are not your boyhood heroes.

rant over.

Bobby Barr plays for Raith now.

For any players reading this, we are not ****ing interested in these kind of stories.  The Rangers that you loved as a plooky teenager died in 2012, and this team are not your boyhood heroes. 

rant over.

Amen to that. Anyone who says "it's always been a dream of mine to step onto the Ibrox turf" without immediately following it up with "to put two goals past them for Morton" can get in the sea.

EOho8Pw.png

Time we gubbed the tribute act. Pace up front will be what undoes them with their slow central defence. Plus the Boss and Tam doing their double act. Can't make this one so a replai is fine with me, but a win is even better. 5-0 please.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Nah there won't be enough of them at the game. Hopefully Morton go after a big enough section we won't need to worry about keeping hoods up when we score.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Having glanced at the orcs' forum (and I feel contaminated having done so) - they feel it's a sure win for them. One or two asking which end the Easdales will sit in.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

I thought they were going to invade our section when they levelled at 2-2.

The seethe had to be seen to be believed.

Must admit, I feckin loved that game. Gutted we drew after being so close to a win,  but seeing how fecking raging that lot were was tremendous.

Great atmosphere.

Wee Joe was great that day!

Archived