"beith" Vs Greenock Morton - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

"beith" Vs Greenock Morton

TRVMP

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If a club can't put some lights on then they should play at an alternative venue.

Nominate Harmsworth Park, Wick. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I'd be really surprised if this is on. Since we've already got games on a saturday for the next few weeks is there a chance this could be played at midday during the week?

The Scottish Cup takes priority, so it's likely that it will be a league game (Raith away) that will be moved to a midweek.

The Scottish Cup takes priority, so it's likely that it will be a league game (Raith away) that will be moved to a midweek.

On a scheduled Scottish Cup match day. That isn't usually the case when rescheduling ties, particularly when i) the teams are travelling a short distance and ii) the next round isn't for another two months. 

I'd expect a resheduled tie to be midweek: the midweek between Christmas and New Year would be ideal, but the authorities would probably want the tie to be played in the next few weeks.  

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

On a scheduled Scottish Cup match day. That isn't usually the case when rescheduling ties, particularly when i) the teams are travelling a short distance and ii) the next round isn't for another two months.

I'd expect a resheduled tie to be midweek: the midweek between Christmas and New Year would be ideal, but the authorities would probably want the tie to be played in the next few weeks.

The cup rules are on line and quite vague. Midweek does seem permissible and there's nothing about what time the tie should be played. SFA and clubs can also mutually agree alternative dates. The following Saturday is mentioned as a specific possibility, if that makes sense.

Based on what? Forecast looks pretty favourable.

There's been about a 4 or 5 degree difference in temperature between the Beith/Johnstone area and Inverclyde all this week, it's barely got above zero up here. Been at -5 every night this week. Saturdays forecast does look good but the damage will have already been done by then.

I had to scrape the car windscreen three times during the day yesterday. 

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

The cup rules are on line and quite vague. Midweek does seem permissible and there's nothing about what time the tie should be played. SFA and clubs can also mutually agree alternative dates. The following Saturday is mentioned as a specific possibility, if that makes sense.

Can't find anything to confirm on the SFA website, but I'm pretty sure it's the case that in the early rounds of the cup (this being the last one), replays or re-arranged fixtures can be scheduled for the following Saturday, as opposed to midweek. There were three replays (Cove v Formartine, East Kilbride v Stenhousemuir and Forfar v Queen's Park) played the Saturday following the original ties at this stage last season, but no original ties that I can see. Anyone who remembers our game at Cliftonhill will remember it was a foul day, too.

There may be something in the rules to do with geography dictating that a game can be played on a league Saturday which wouldn't go in favour of this tie being played then, but if the clubs are allowed the choice, Beith would clearly put the foot down and push for a Saturday game, given the lack of floodlights and potential of a much larger gate for a weekend fixture.

A Beith fan on P&B - "This is not official this game will not be going a head on Saturday the match ref will call it off tomorrow afternoon The ground is frozen solid in the majority of the parkwith no chance of thawing out I am not long back from the ground so know what is going on"

Archived