"beith" Vs Greenock Morton - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

"beith" Vs Greenock Morton

TRVMP

Or, the Inverclyde 1874th Pyrotechnics Division faces the Charge of the Sh!te Brigade

Starting this one early. On the surface of it it's a clear and obvious away win but in addition to our giant-killing in recent years we've also made it hard for ourselves against some minnows. Still, it's hard to see past a convincing win even if we play to a fraction of our capacity.

Hopefully the likes of Strapp can get a run-out - this would have been a good one for Tiffoney but he's on loan to a sub-Beith outfit elsewhere - and we can avoid injuries.

I know nothing about how Beith line up or play so I'm just going to guess at an oaf-rich, hacking 4-4-2 with lots of balls into the corners. Get them hounded.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 former players in their squad, Mark McLaughlin and Kenny McLean. Mark was slow when he played for us so I'd imagine he'll be worse now. Let Jai run at him for an hour then hopefully if we're in the lead get him subbed off.

Beith won 9-0 this afternoon. No idea who against.

Looks like it was Islavale. The North Juniors are comfortably the worst of the lot and this outfit isn't even in their top flight. Therefore I wouldn't read too much into this.

EOho8Pw.png

Looks like it was Islavale. The North Juniors are comfortably the worst of the lot and this outfit isn't even in their top flight. Therefore I wouldn't read too much into this.

Never heard of them but you can only beat what's put in front of you, and they've done that convincingly.

I'd like to think Duffy will approach this in the right manner, Beith are unbeaten in the league and have a recent comfortable win over champions Auchinleck to their name. 

Looking forward to Tidser starting the game along with one or two from the development squad.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Personally, I would play something like this. Unfortunately, I highly doubt we'll rotate as much but Tidser, McNeil, McAleer & McDonagh should certainly be involved, and Gunning, Quitongo & Oliver should certainly be rested.

Xu5Q6XC.jpg

Personally, I would play something like this. Unfortunately, I highly doubt we'll rotate as much but Tidser, McNeil, McAleer & McDonagh should certainly be involved, and Gunning, Quitongo & Oliver should certainly be rested.

Erm no - we're not playing a league match midweek anytime soon and the Hamish Husband select aren't calling up our players for a pointless friendly; there is no need to rest players and rotate our squad. Our strongest eleven should play then, which involves Russell playing left back and Nesbitt in front of him. You could possibly bring Bonucci I into the side in place of Bonucci II but that isn't weakening the side at all. 

I want the strongest line-up possible to deliver the absolute hounding that this mismatched tie merits. 0-10.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Erm no - we're not playing a league match midweek anytime soon and the Hamish Husband select aren't calling up our players for a pointless friendly; there is no need to rest players and rotate our squad. Our strongest eleven should play then, which involves Russell playing left back and Nesbitt in front of him. You could possibly bring Bonucci I into the side in place of Bonucci II but that isn't weakening the side at all. 

I want the strongest line-up possible to deliver the absolute hounding that this mismatched tie merits. 0-10.

Even our youths and backup players should be capable of administering an absolute beasting here. This is the juniors - they will already, six days before the fixture, be camped in the forest, sitting around a campfire, growling and howling and promising each other extra meat for every snapped ligament. It is entirely to our credit if we blood the youths in such a way, rather than risking the royal blood of our Scottish youth internationals and other such luminaries. Trust in the youths, trust in the subs. They got this.

Matthew 3:11, gentlemen, Matthew 3:11. Only replace fire with incest.

EOho8Pw.png

Agree with this.

Its not the diddy cup, its the Scottish and we should approach it the same as any league game. If we are a few goals up, give some fringe players half an hour.

Resting a few players probably wouldn't be a problem but no point taking the risk... If we did and lost, this board would have a meltdown!

Remember Spartans???

If our strongest 11 can build up a decent lead then we should take off anyone who is in danger of getting cut in half.

Otherwise Duffy should tell the team to go for it and not to stop.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Get the strongest eleven on from the start. If we build up a comfortable lead by half-time, that's the opportunity to give Quitongo, Oliver and Forbes a rest with Scullion, Tidser and one other coming on.

I realise that Beith are nowhere near as good as Spartans and we're a far better team now than we were then, but considering that memory I doubt Duffy'll risk throwing McAleer and Strapp in for a start.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Where most seem to see a routine humping, I see a potential banana skin like Spartans.They'll be well up for the game and I suspect it will be played on a bumpy, boggy pitch in pishy weather, so to treat them lightly could backfire big time.

Start with the strongest team possible and only put development squad and fringe players on if/when we're 3 up.

Where most seem to see a routine humping, I see a potential banana skin like Spartans.They'll be well up for the game and I suspect it will be played on a bumpy, boggy pitch in pishy weather, so to treat them lightly could backfire big time.

Start with the strongest team possible and only put development squad and fringe players on if/when we're 3 up.

Banana skin if we play the weans. Start with yesterday's team and we'll win very comfortably.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Archived