2016-17 Championship Updates - Page 78 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

2016-17 Championship Updates

TRVMP

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One great thing - amongst just about everything - about that bin club Raith going down is that it virtually secures another year of no trophies for little Ayr.

Delicious.

They're both planning to run full-time squads in the third tier, as are Airdrie, in order to fight out the football's shittest three-horse race for the one automatic promotion spot that they all need to survive as a club. And if Alloa stay down they'll doubtless stroll past the three of them to win the title anyway.

image.png.5347051a7569c6e005a1c48caee033

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Unless Hamilton can find a late winner they are finishing (at best) in the play off place.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Joe McKee's just scored an absolute peach to make it 2-2 at Tannadice.

Who gives a flying f....

Actually, I do. What a surprise. You hit shots against Dundee Utd, you score goals. Who would have thought it.

3-2 Ross County.

If Inverness get the finger out they could finish above Accies.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Can't decide if I'd want one of the Championship clubs to go up.  No time for Falkirk but knowing that the premier clubs, media et al will want the arabs up I'd rather they stayed put. On balance fuck them all and Accies to stay up.

Inverness is a much better away day, but Hamilton's relegation is long overdue.

After the state I got myself into going to Dundee Inverness would probably end me at my age. Plus we always get pumped up there.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

The fact that Joe fucking McKee was instrumental in a team taking a draw at Tannadice and an absolutely dreadful Hamilton team who we've already beaten are now confirmed in the bottom two only increases the feeling that this season was a massive missed opportunity rather than something to celebrate. The winner of Falkirk v Dundee Utd is going up and it should have been us.

As for who to come down, I hope both the bottom two come down regardless of which one of Falkirk & Dundee Utd go up. You could see both of the relegated sides going into freefall and failing to make any kind of title challenge, whereas you can be sure Falkirk & Dundee Utd would be in the top four at least.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived