2016-17 Championship Updates - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

2016-17 Championship Updates

TRVMP

Not strictly Championship, but:

... Hibs end the season with a last-minute goal scored against Rangers...

... and start the new season with a first-minute goal conceded to Brondby.

Never change, Hibs.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, that was literally seconds. Fuck me. It's like they signed that Finnish keeper specifically for that moment. After their cup-final heroics they need to get utterly thumped at home by a Nordic team to set the universe back in balance.

EOho8Pw.png

http://www.raithrovers.net/25711/jambo-legend-lured-back-to-scotland.htm

What an absolutely nauseating statement from a grubby little feeder club. Frankly I'm glad that we don't have this level of cringeworthy love-in (including shared griefmongering about the McCrae's Battalion)  with any other Scottish club - even if it means that we're put at a distinct disadvantage when it comes to loaning players. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Tonight, Raith Rovers won 2-1 away to Cove Rangers and Dundee United won 5-3 on penalties at Arbroath after a 1-1 draw.

Also, Partick Thistle won 1-0 at Airdrie.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Aye, good to see United drop a point assuming they're going to finish second. If we're going to finish 2nd in our group, I'd imagine we'll come out of it with a better record than the second placed team in that group with more teams in there likely to take points off each other. Tomorrow's game will probably be the most important in the group for us. A win and we'll be sitting pretty.

Dundee United looking absolutely gubbins certainly made me feel a bit better about the season to come. Not just the wild hope that sand-dancers like Simon Murray and Scott Fraser will waltz through teams as soon as they get up to match fitness (probably not), but also that their central defence is as slow as a week in the jail and with no experience to bail them out of that problem. Unless they add two or three quality players then there's not much about them at all. 

They'll likely still end up in the play-offs but they looked like every crap Dundee outfit who tried and hilariously failed to get out of the second tier. Our routine 1-0 win in Dundee still looks on the cards then. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

An away trip to Cove in the "white nights" of July, **** this regionalization rubbish, we should have had that rather than ****ing Coatbridge.

It was at Station Park, Forfar. Not quite as exciting when you put it that way.

It was at Station Park, Forfar. Not quite as exciting when you put it that way.

What was wrong with Cove's ground? Can't have been moved to accommodate all the Raith fans.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

What was wrong with Cove's ground? Can't have been moved to accommodate all the Raith fans.

Cove sold their ground for housing. Last season they played their home games at various non league grounds round about the Aberdeenshire area, like Banks O' Dee, Formartine and Inverurie Locos (where their play off game against Edinburgh City was played).

There are plans to move to a new "stadium" but they look pretty underwhelming.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen/975292/cove-rangers-home-plans-approved/

Cove-Rangers-1024x662.jpg

That must be the most pointless roof ever.

And the grass needs cut.

That must be the most pointless roof ever.

Nah. The most pointless roof ever is current lying rusting away somewhere inside the walls of Cappielow.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Archived