Squad For Next Season. - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad For Next Season.

Madton

Keep: Gaston, Russell, Luca*, Lamie, Forbes, Tidser, McCluskey, Scullion, Denny*, McManus* & Samuel*

*Only if we can get them even getting one or two of them back would be brilliant. I would prioritise Luca though he's a class act.

The rest can get in the sea.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep: Gaston, Russell, Luca*, Lamie, Forbes, Tidser, McCluskey, Scullion, Denny*, McManus* & Samuel*

*Only if we can get them even getting one or two of them back would be brilliant. I would prioritise Luca though he's a class act.

The rest can get in the sea.

Would keep both, but if I had to choose between McKee and Forbes I'd keep McKee - similar attributes going forward, but McKee more consistent and better at winning the ball back.

Would keep both, but if I had to choose between McKee and Forbes I'd keep McKee - similar attributes going forward, but McKee more consistent and better at winning the ball back.

McKee is anything but consistent. Impressed me on a few occasions this season and shown he can be a good player but more often than not he disappears. I'd rather we used his wages to get someone else in. Forbes even though he hasn't been great recently is still much better than McKee.

McKee is anything but consistent. Impressed me on a few occasions this season and shown he can be a good player but more often than not he disappears. I'd rather we used his wages to get someone else in. Forbes even though he hasn't been great recently is still much better than McKee.

Fair enough - for me, McKee has been pretty consistent since coming into the side this season. But I like both and hope we keep both.

Fair enough - for me, McKee has been pretty consistent since coming into the side this season. But I like both and hope we keep both.

Last season I never rated McKee at all but he has impressed this season just hasn't done it often enough imo. I actually wouldn't mind keeping McKee as a squad player but if I had to chose between him and Forbes then I'd pick the latter.

Get rid of both - perfectly straightforward stuff.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

McKinnon has put together a decent team which he will be able to keep most of next season augmented by the likes of Barr, who, looking at how they looked to play on the break today will improve them.

If we continue with McKee and Forbes in a flat 442 next season, we will not improve. I would start McKee in front of Forbes, who is simply unfit for purpose. Talk of Routledge? Fine, but without the front four and Luca, we need to change our shape.

Samuel coming on in a wide position? Give the boy a chance! He is a striker!

Morton fans are seen as hard to please. Give us something to get behind ffs!

We have a lauded youth set up which the manager has zero faith in, by the looks of it. I can't see where scullion would fit in, h ence why he doesn't play.

Will Thomas Orr come back and play? Doubt it. So what is the point of this youth set up?

There are no young midfielders even quoted. Hence why tam oware is an option there.

I fear next season will be 2013-14 again, due to the raft of new players needed, while falkirk, qots, raith, dunfermline have settled teams to build on.

We start next season competing with livvie, Dumbarton as out direct opposition. Zero progress.

What reaction does the club expect from fans much more loyal than myself, in terms of turning up at games home and away?

Any division of fans is down to decisions made by the club. It's not even happy clappers and knicker wetters against each other.

Could this be the start of the wetter-clapper alliance?

Strange bedfellows.

(but aye, good post - it's not that we're especially awful or that this season was particularly bad; it's just that right now it's difficult to see where improvement will come from. Fears of a 2013-14 might be a bit much because I think that for one thing we'll have a dece budget and two Duffy isn't going to just buy random mank off the back of an agent lorry. Well, some League Two dung, aye, but we won't start the season with the likes of Cham and Page in the first eleven.)

EOho8Pw.png

Many games you seen this season?

I've seen about ten games this season, both when in the country and some, not all of the TV matches. In none of those games have either of the above impressed (taking a 'nice touch' isn't actually the criteria of an effective central midfielder). That view is further borne out by our mediocre league record as a team and poor goals and assist records for the pair (McKee has improved in the former but doubtless Raith weren't shitting themselves about the threat of goals from midfield today). Looking at their track record as well - Forbes flattered to deceive IMO last season; McKee has stunk the place out for years.

So yeah, only if you're wanting central midfielders who can't stop the opposition from playing, don't create enough chances and don't score enough goals, then re-sign either of those two to have us huffing and puffing towards the coveted forty point mark again in twelve months time.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

There will be big changes next season regardless due to our loans leaving and both Peaso and Barr moving on.

As mentioned this season was about consolidation. Next season Duffy has to improve the team and for me that's the top 4 playoff's.

My contenders for Player of the Year would be Luca, Denny, Barr and Russell with big Luca being my choice.  When you look at it only Russell will be here next season (if no one puts a bid in for him)

So we will be losing most of our best players in the Summer. Big rebuilding job for Duffy but I look upon that in a positive way and I believe it's something we should be  doing.

This season we built a team for consolidation, next season we should be assembling a team for the promotion playoff's 

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

There will be big changes next season regardless due to our loans leaving and both Peaso and Barr moving on.

As mentioned this season was about consolidation. Next season Duffy has to improve the team and for me that's the top 4 playoff's.

My contenders for Player of the Year would be Luca, Denny, Barr and Russell with big Luca being my choice.  When you look at it only Russell will be here next season (if no one puts a bid in for him)

So we will be losing most of our best players in the Summer. Big rebuilding job for Duffy but I look upon that in a positive way and I believe it's something we should be  doing.

This season we built a team for consolidation, next season we should be assembling a team for the promotion playoff's 

I think Russell is player of the year - he could be the new Jim holmes IMHO - but Denny despite going missing at times also looks like a contender for the number of goals he has scored.  Luca hasn't played enough games to be POTY, due to injury and international absences plus not being able to play against Therangers.  Barr is entertaining but he's not actually that effective in terms of end product - has set up a few like for Forbes against Hibs, but too often he goes down the wing and fails to get a decent cross in, or cuts inside and loses the ball.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

El Bakhtaoui is a useless sand-dancer; when a proper club showed up in the division, he like the rest of his colleagues were shown up.

Ideally Dunfermline will hand deals out to all the dross that eventually got out of the worst third tier in history; that should guarantee us a healthy points haul from them again next season.

Ideally Dunfermline will hand deals out to all the dross that eventually got out of the worst third tier in history; that should guarantee us a healthy points haul from them again next season.

That's my thought as well. They will probably look at our season and think they'll be comfortable, conveniently forgetting just how woeful the 1st div is.

Au contraire I wouldn't be suprised if they challenge again. They seem to be a club with upward momentum, a reinvigorated support and the all important feelgood factor. Basically everything we don't have.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I'm not sure how spending three years slumming it in the second tier counts as 'upward momentum' - though they will undoubtedly roll out that stupid old fud Leishman to tell anyone who'll listen how important they are to the rest of Scottish football. As for their fanbase, it didn't do them any good last time in this league, nor last season when they finished 7th - 7th - in the third tier of Scottish football. If they use it to continue paying players who failed against any credible opposition then all the better for us.

Au contraire I wouldn't be suprised if they challenge again. They seem to be a club with upward momentum, a reinvigorated support and the all important feelgood factor. Basically everything we don't have.

I remember when we were like that LT. Look at what happened next  :ph34r: 

Archived