Squad For Next Season. - Page 183 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad For Next Season.

Madton

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not taking the Michael here but is that actually true? Who were these teams & why would he knock back a move to a better league to stay with us?

Hamilton offered him a deal to go back. He chose to stay here. More guarantee to play here (until injury) and also happy here as club captain.

Gunning gone.  Wanted to stay, but Scrooge f*cked it up as per usual.  The Raes need to GTF!

If he'd gone to one of our immediate rivals I'd agree with this but this is deeply unfair. Grimsby is a bigger club, playing in a bigger league, with bigger crowds, a bigger TV deal, you name it. To try to compete with them even for a key player is risky.

Best of luck to Sir Gavin, it was a pleasure having him at Cappielow.

EOho8Pw.png

Gutted, obviously, but it doesn't look like there's a lot else the club could've done without potentially unsettling the squad. Thankfully we've got Kilday ready to come back into the team and don't need to panic and bring in a replacement, however there's now 0 excuses for not getting a striker in ASAP.

Gavin has been a great player for us and clearly is capable of playing at a higher level.  However we are OK at CB so it's not really the worst thing that could happen if if allows us to strengthen our weakest area, namely striker.  No excuse now for not doing that.

Saturday looks like being a bit of a lash up team.  We are lucky that Oyenuga is fit again as his presence will draw at least 4 Dumbarton defenders to attempt to stop him scoring his customary goal, leaving Scullion unmarked.

Rather annoyed to see that the odds for O'Ware scoring any time have been slashed to about 3/1.  Was about 9/1 the last few weeks.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Only had the honour and pleasure of seeing Sir Gav in the famous hoops once, in the Betfed Semi, and until his late injury you could just tell he was a class apart. 

Although the League 2 salaries are much higher than the Scottish Championship I'm not convinced that the standard is that much better, if at all. I would have thought he could easily cut it at League 1 level, and who knows, maybe even the English Championship. Think he could have done better than Grimsby for sure.

Anyway, good luck! 

Only had the honour and pleasure of seeing Sir Gav in the famous hoops once, in the Betfed Semi, and until his late injury you could just tell he was a class apart.

Although the League 2 salaries are much higher than the Scottish Championship I'm not convinced that the standard is that much better, if at all. I would have thought he could easily cut it at League 1 level, and who knows, maybe even the English Championship. Think he could have done better than Grimsby for sure.

Anyway, good luck!

With Gunning in their team, Grimsby will be playing in League One by August.

Anyway, good luck!

Nah it's about the same standard as our Championship. He has the chance to maybe get an upper League 1 or Championship move if he does well there though. Think there's still a stigma surrounding him here unfortunatly, meaning no half-decent Premiership clubs were interested.

Grimsby is a bigger club, playing in a bigger league, with bigger crowds, a bigger TV deal, you name it. To try to compete with them even for a key player is risky.

maxresdefault.jpg

What the fuck have Grimsby ever achieved in their utterly pointless existence, milling around the English fourth tier/Conference? A club and town that could be reclaimed by the sea tomorrow and nobody would notice that they were gone.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Right you, off to bed, your clearly drunk

Between laughably slating Lee Bonucci today and hand-wringing about away trips to Stranraer yesterday, this hasn't been an impressive 24 hours for you. Wrong 'un found.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

maxresdefault.jpg

What the **** have Grimsby ever achieved in their utterly pointless existence, milling around the English fourth tier/Conference? A club and town that could be reclaimed by the sea tomorrow and nobody would notice that they were gone.

By virtue of their being English and having a bigger fanbase, they're bigger.

They actually played in the second tier as recently as 15 years ago, believe it or not.

EOho8Pw.png

maxresdefault.jpg

What the **** have Grimsby ever achieved in their utterly pointless existence, milling around the English fourth tier/Conference? A club and town that could be reclaimed by the sea tomorrow and nobody would notice that they were gone.

Showing your youth?  Grimsby were regularly in the second tier before doing something similar to Luton.  They also regularly take more away than we get at Cappielow. And think of all the poor children deprived of fish fingers if Grimsby fell into the sea.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

Showing your youth?  Grimsby were regularly in the second tier before doing something similar to Luton.  They also regularly take more away than we get at Cappielow. And think of all the poor children deprived of fish fingers if Grimsby fell into the sea.

Also, the Grimsby/Cleethorpes area has over 150,000 people in it. Inverclyde has around half that. Even if you add some of some of North Ayrshire to the mix we're still a smaller catchment area.

EOho8Pw.png

By virtue of their being English and having a bigger fanbase, they're bigger.

You already distinguished both of those facts from the claim that they are also "a bigger club". They've achieved fuck all in their pointless existence, never will and are an insignificance within their absolute bin of a region in eastern England.

You already distinguished both of those facts from the claim that they are also "a bigger club". They've achieved **** all in their pointless existence, never will and are an insignificance within their absolute bin of a region in eastern England.

Morton are an insignificance within their own home town, what's your point?

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

You already distinguished both of those facts from the claim that they are also "a bigger club". They've achieved **** all in their pointless existence, never will and are an insignificance within their absolute bin of a region in eastern England.

If Morton played in England we'd also never have won the big Cup and almost certainly never played top flight. For the same reason that some San Marino outfit is not bigger than Morton despite having won umpteen titles, we're not bigger than Grimsby.

And yes, Grimsby/Cleethorpes is a bin. Gelsenkirchen is also a bin but Schalke are a pretty huge club.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived