Transfers And Confirmed Squad For Season 15/16 - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Transfers And Confirmed Squad For Season 15/16

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, possibly, I have no quick way to check if that's true without looking at the team lines for every single game this season.

For reference:

http://int.soccerway.com/players/lee-kilday/170313/

Shows league appearances in table format, including minutes. He was subbed off twice in the league, once in the 4-0 win over Stirling and once in the 3-1 loss to Brechin. (Click the sub-off number to see that.)

For his first full season in the professional game that's a pretty impressive record. At 23 he still has time to improve but I think having him ever-present at right-back next season might be a step too far.

EOho8Pw.png

When you have two 'playmakers' in the middle already (Forbes, Tidser) then it just doesn't work to then have two 'wide playmakers' as opposed to proper wingers. 

With two 'playmakers' in the centre it isn't possible to field two wingers on the park - as soon as the ball is lost, the midfield would be overrun. You could - if you were a Mike Bassett comedy figure determined to shoehorn 4-4-2 into every line-up, like Jim Duffy - at best field one winger with a player like McKee playing tighter on the right hand side. 

The most sensible explanation I can think of is that McKee will be fairly average squad cover behind Tidser and Forbes in central midfield. Particularly if we're still replacing the old sand-dancer with Barr.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

With two 'playmakers' in the centre it isn't possible to field two wingers on the park - as soon as the ball is lost, the midfield would be overrun. You could - if you were a Mike Bassett comedy figure determined to shoehorn 4-4-2 into every line-up, like Jim Duffy - at best field one winger with a player like McKee playing tighter on the right hand side.

The most sensible explanation I can think of is that McKee will be fairly average squad cover behind Tidser and Forbes in central midfield. Particularly if we're still replacing the old sand-dancer with Barr.

Absolutely. I was meaning those 2 with another more defensive minded player in the middle of the park as I don't expect Tidser and Forbes to form a 2 at any point.

A midfield 5 of one defensive midfielder, 2 playmakers and 2 wingers was my thinking.

TTG JIM!!!

Not convinced by Kilday or Lamie resigning as I don't believe they are ready for step up based on last seasons performance. Good enough for League 1 but not Championship. Hope I am proved wrong though.

forever optimistic

Hopefully Caldwell signs on but he wasn't happy towards the end of the season with the lack of game time he was getting. Hopefully with McManus looking like he's moving on he'll stay for another season.

He wasn't getting game time because he was playing pish. If he's going to throw a strop everytime he gets dropped then I'm not sure we need a player with that kind of attitude problem.

Was good when he first arrived then completely lost form. We've seen he can play from his early form, but starting to get vibes that he's a player with attitude problems.

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

He wasn't getting game time because he was playing pish. If he's going to throw a strop everytime he gets dropped then I'm not sure we need a player with that kind of attitude problem.

Was good when he first arrived then completely lost form. We've seen he can play from his early form, but starting to get vibes that he's a player with attitude problems.

He seemed to 'tick' better when playing alongside Peaso rather than when he played alongside McManus.

He wasn't getting game time because he was playing pish. If he's going to throw a strop everytime he gets dropped then I'm not sure we need a player with that kind of attitude problem.

He lost form/confidence BECAUSE he was dropped for no good fcking reason, not before he was dropped...
TTG JIM!!!

I don't have the inside info that Gary and Colkitto seem to have, but my guess is that Caldwell was somewhat annoyed when he signed for us only to have DDF bring in MacDonald right afterwards. When Dece came back that was his first team hopes over.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived