Transfers And Confirmed Squad For Season 15/16 - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Transfers And Confirmed Squad For Season 15/16

McKee? FCK OFF! 

Nowhere near good enough. Not at CM, not at RM, not at football. 

If we're planning to use Joe McKee as a RM then we're going to have a very static midfield. With Tidser and Forbes likely to be in the middle & Duffy likely adopting a defensive, counter attacking style then pace on both flanks is an absolute necessity, and not just from the full backs.

TTG JIM!!!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any winger must be able to beat a man with pace, by getting the byline. McKee can do neither, he can deliver a ball yes but is never going to be a right midfielder in his life 😂 a winger should be hugging the touch line, something we struggled with the whole of last season. Players like joe cardle, willie Gibson and bobby Barr are the type of wingers that should be offered.

Any winger must be able to beat a man with pace, by getting the byline. McKee can do neither, he can deliver a ball yes but is never going to be a right midfielder in his life a winger should be hugging the touch line, something we struggled with the whole of last season. Players like joe cardle, willie Gibson and bobby Barr are the type of wingers that should be offered.

I'm drawing absolutely no comparison here but David Beckham was one of the best right midfielders of his day and wasn't exactly a pacy, tricky winger. He did have both the vision and the long-ball accuracy to compensate, and was effective at cutting inside. Were McKee like that (obviously at a lower level of football) I'd call him quite an effective signing, but let's be realistic here - the reason he's shunted out to the right is that we had few other options and he wasn't good enough to play in the middle.

EOho8Pw.png

Any winger must be able to beat a man with pace, by getting the byline. McKee can do neither, he can deliver a ball yes but is never going to be a right midfielder in his life 😂 a winger should be hugging the touch line, something we struggled with the whole of last season. Players like joe cardle, willie Gibson and bobby Barr are the type of wingers that should be offered.

There are plenty of roles for wider midfield players beyond simply having wingers out there. Barry Bannan has done a good job for Scotland in a wide position, but he certainly isn't a winger. It's more of a wide playmaker role.

There are plenty of roles for wider midfield players beyond simply having wingers out there. Barry Bannan has done a good job for Scotland in a wide position, but he certainly isn't a winger. It's more of a wide playmaker role.

When you have two 'playmakers' in the middle already (Forbes, Tidser) then it just doesn't work to then have two 'wide playmakers' as opposed to proper wingers. I also reckon Duffy will set up very defensively and attempt to counter attack in the majority of games so pace going forward and the ability to get in behind is a must.

TTG JIM!!!

Not overly concerned about that. 

Good wee player. 

Me neither. He's never had the chance to play alongside a good experienced midfielder at Morton. With Tidser at his side I think he'll do alright. 

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Kilday finished the season strongly and adapted to the RB role reasonably well. My biggest criticism of him would be his positional sense - but I suppose that can be worked on. Might be wrong but he may have played in every league game this season?

Lamie was our best performer at CB. Maybe gets on the wrong side of the attacker and gets caught out at times but his overall defensive qualities are fine and he could develop into a decent defender.

McKee is technically good, but doesn't do enough work in midfield for me. If he's not interested he'll simply drift out the game completely. Surprised he was given a deal not for his technical ability but more for his work rate.

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

Kilday finished the season strongly and adapted to the RB role reasonably well. My biggest criticism of him would be his positional sense - but I suppose that can be worked on. Might be wrong but he may have played in every league game this season?

Yep, Kilday was our only ever present last season, and in fact played every minute of every game.

Crighton's tweet confirms he hasn't been offered a new deal. A wee dig at the support too :lol:

Oh do share. 

Not overly impressed with McKee being offered a new deal but relatively happy thus far with Duffys decisions.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Oh do share.

Not overly impressed with McKee being offered a new deal but relatively happy thus far with Duffys decisions.

@seancrighton26: Want to wish Morton all the best for next season, this season was a year I won't forget, Thanks to some who gave me support!⚽️🏆

Jinky flattered on too many occasions. Not enough penetration.

Crighton...he was most oppositions 12th man.

McKee should no way be offered a new deal. Not done anything to merit it.

Lame and Kilday wouldn't have been that big of a loss. Kilday is still a young lad but his natural position is not right back where Duffy likes to play him.

From what I gather, O'Ware has been offered another deal as has Caldwell. Wouldn't mind them staying.

Archived