Pre-season - Page 33 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Pre-season

Jamie_M

Correct;a ruthless ie effective club would have thanked Duffy for his efforts and brought in someone who could step up to a credible Championship level manager. We've basically given Jim McInally with an old captain's armband free rein until it's too late to salvage this season.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sacking Duffy would have been the most courageous, controversial and best decision Rae could have made since buying the club, imo.

Yep. He'd have been slated for it in some quarters but it would have been gutsy and I think it would've paid off big time. But he sticks by most of his managers.

EOho8Pw.png

Think this could be a first for July. But given the weather right now I have to ask.... Is the game on?

The wind's wild this morning but not much rain. Still, another fantastic argument for summer football.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

The wind's wild this morning but not much rain. Still, another fantastic argument for summer football.

It was lovely the other day. We'd just need a policy that games would be played at a couple of hours notice when it looked nice outside. As long as you remember the BBQ for the Sinclair St end.

I wonder if we'll see Peaso and McKeown getting a run-out at some point tomorrow (today). Any idea if they've started training yet?

Pretty sure McKeown has, not sure about MacDonald think he's still a while away.

So you'd expect big Frank to get some game time today then. Looking forward to seeing what he has to offer.

McKeown is still injured. Peaso will play some of the game though

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

McKeown is still injured. Peaso will play some of the game though

It is worrying that a player is unjured even before pre-season training has started!

Have we signed another injury prone player?

It is worrying that a player is unjured even before pre-season training has started!

Have we signed another injury prone player?

He pulled a calf muscle when out running before pre-season.

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

Duffy talking about Steve Evans, Rotherham manager:

“He’s maybe not always got the plaudits that his talents deserve. He’s not going to shout about it himself, but if you look at the job he’s done, everywhere he’s went he’s been a success. Ultimately, it’s about results in football, and he’s managed to achieve some fantastic results. I’ve got a lot of admiration for Stevie.”

Not that how good a judge of character Duffy is really has anything to do with anything, but Evans is an absolute cunt.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

“He’s maybe not always got the plaudits that his talents deserve. He’s not going to shout about it himself, but if you look at the job he’s done, everywhere he’s went he’s been a success. Ultimately, it’s about results in football, and he’s managed to achieve some fantastic results. I’ve got a lot of admiration for Stevie.”

Not that how good a judge of character Duffy is really has anything to do with anything, but Evans is an absolute ****.

:blink:

Not that how good a judge of character Duffy is really has anything to do with anything, but Evans is an absolute ****.

Agreed- if there's anyone in English football that's adept at talking himself up it's Evans. The guy's an attention seeking bell end.

Agreed- if there's anyone in English football that's adept at talking himself up it's Evans. The guy's an attention seeking bell end.

Nothing to disagree with here, but I notice that it was voted down by another "attention seeking bell-end".

*insert signature here*

Gaston, kilday, oware, lamie, Russell, McKee, Forbes, Miller, tidser, trialist, Peaso

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

According to jonaton on Twitter sabajo is the trialist.

Assuming McKee is at right mid. Wasste of a jersey.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Archived