Pre-season - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Pre-season

Jamie_M

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that was quick, we really need a good hard pre season with an attractive home fixture in stead of the Renfrew cup final to see us into the new up and coming season.

eat drink and be merry for tommorrow you may be radioiactive

A pity the big English teams don't do their tours of Scotland anymore... now that it's all about money.

Remember seeing Arsenal and Newcastle Utd a couple of times.  Would be great to have a glamour friendly.. haven't had one in years.

I'm pretty sure they play at Maryhill's place aye, wasn't sure of the name of their ground.

I suppose I could've read the second paragraph of the article and that would've confirmed that for me  :1eye: .

Been there once before for a game, it's possibly the weirdest wee football ground I've ever been to. Given we don't go too far afield these days, I'll look forward to this. Far more appealing from a fan's point of view (although not the manager's I accept) than Roherham again.

What a strange comment.

Big Tony was obviously pish but could never fault his effort and commitment. Played a big part in the infamous 1-0 at Parkhead aswell, which is a bit mental thinking about it!

What a strange comment.

Big Tony was obviously pish but could never fault his effort and commitment. Played a big part in the infamous 1-0 at Parkhead aswell, which is a bit mental thinking about it!

"Big Tony", ooft. Sorry mate, if I'd known you had a photo of him over your bed I've have kept quiet.

EOho8Pw.png

I know you can see absolutely everything Morton related from over there pal, but how can you see in my room!?

Worried. Didnt realise you knew everything about everything. Noted!

Edited due to being a fanny on my phone 😄

A pity the big English teams don't do their tours of Scotland anymore... now that it's all about money.

Remember seeing Arsenal and Newcastle Utd a couple of times.  Would be great to have a glamour friendly.. haven't had one in years.

some still do - just we have slid so far down over the years we are not on their thoughts. Summer 2014 as champions of England, Man City started pre-season in St Andrews and played 2 friendlies - Hearts and Dundee. So their is still the odd tour - but it is about money as they are priced high, not like pre season friendlies.

some still do - just we have slid so far down over the years we are not on their thoughts. Summer 2014 as champions of England, Man City started pre-season in St Andrews and played 2 friendlies - Hearts and Dundee. So their is still the odd tour - but it is about money as they are priced high, not like pre season friendlies.

I wouldn't go expecting Dr. Zhivago to suddenly start dealing in facts, nor the fairly obvious realization that Scotland is a high-income economy with a huge percentage of go-to-games football supporters and a lucrative shared advertising market with England, ergo it's actually a very good candidate for pre-season friendlies. Barcelona made good money in Scotland a few years ago. But, as you say, we're not exactly at that level except for bounce games.

Got to wonder where guys like Dr. Zhivago get their knowledge from, anyway. Do they think Arsenal are playing friendlies against Barnet and Aston Villa are touring German villages for money?

EOho8Pw.png

I'd like to see a four team tournament at Cappielow for pre-season. Two games on the Saturday and two on the Sunday. Maybe playing for the Arthur Montford Cup or whatever.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Archived