'whoever The Manager Is...' - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

'whoever The Manager Is...'

Jamie_M

Peaso's comments have been touched on in the other thread. Thought it was worth a separate discussion.

Seems really strange to even mention 'whoever the manager is' when Duffy has another year on his contract. Does he know something we don't? No smoke without fire.

Very interesting comments regardless...

Yeah, seems strange to imply doubt about someone under contract unless there is something in it.

I know there have been rumours on here that Dougie isn't happy with Duffy and might get rid - but this is the first concrete hint that something's afoot.

Yeah, seems strange to imply doubt about someone under contract unless there is something in it.

I know there have been rumours on here that Dougie isn't happy with Duffy and might get rid - but this is the first concrete hint that something's afood.

Yes  definitely FOOD for thought :lol: A very strange comment to come out with.

Show Racism the Red Card

I personally think Peaso will be player/manager next season. I could be wrong but I just get that feeling. His comments were very strange.

I've heard the same prior to today, and I think it seems to be the plan.

He will certainly be an improvement on Thumbheid but other than that the jury has to be out on any new manager.

EOho8Pw.png

Yes definitely FOOD for thought :lol: A very strange comment to come out with.

Brilliant pun work there, just exemplary. How do you cone up with this stuff, matching 'food' with 'afood'? Fucking genius. What a wordsmith.

EOho8Pw.png

Brilliant pun work there, just exemplary. How do you cone up with this stuff, matching 'food' with 'afood'? ****ing genius. What a wordsmith.

Aye, apparently only Bawheid will come between me and the Booker prize :)

Show Racism the Red Card

MacDonald will know all too well, through social media etc, that the vast majority of the support don't feel Duffy is the right man for the job, so there is always going to be doubt over his future. 

I think we could see MacDonald in the dugout as player/manager rather soon. 

Wouldn't be too quick to jump on the Peaso bandwagon either. First time managers are hit or miss. There's definitely a growing trend towards younger managers in Scottish football with the Duffy and Jefferies generation being phased out. But it would still be a risk on a guy with no track record in coaching or managing. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

MacDonald will know all too well, through social media etc, that the vast majority of the support don't feel Duffy is the right man for the job, so there is always going to be doubt over his future. 

I think we could see MacDonald in the dugout as player/manager rather soon.

Knowing that the fans are not all in support of Duffy via social media is very different from casting actual doubt on whether he will or will not be in a job next season.

The fans not liking him doesn't mean there's automatically going to be a change in his employment status. If that was the case, he'd be gone long before now.

Wouldn't be too quick to jump on the Peaso bandwagon either. First time managers are hit or miss. There's definitely a growing trend towards younger managers in Scottish football with the Duffy and Jefferies generation being phased out. But it would still be a risk on a guy with no track record in coaching or managing. 

You are wise beyond your years young man.  :thumbup2:

Archived