'fans' - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

'fans'

KingsTON

Before I start, this isnt a happy clap cry for people not to criticise the team, as its very evident that aspects of it aren't good enough.

Theres an element to the Morton support that are currently getting the exact level of performance that their 'support' deserves. There were tubes beside me on Saturday doing sarcastic slow claps and cheers or dishing out personal abuse for misplaced passes.

Its a red face and how they feel entitled to a winning team, when all their doing a Cowshed equivalent of the 'trolling' that goes on on here, is beyond me.

Groans, boos, swearing and shouting - aye... Thats natural, but he rest of it can **** off

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Before I start, this isnt a happy clap cry for people not to criticise the team, as its very evident that aspects of it aren't good enough.

Theres an element to the Morton support that are currently getting the exact level of performance that their 'support' deserves. There were tubes beside me on Saturday doing sarcastic slow claps and cheers or dishing out personal abuse for misplaced passes.

Its a red face and how they feel entitled to a winning team, when all their doing a Cowshed equivalent of the 'trolling' that goes on on here, is beyond me.

Groans, boos, swearing and shouting - aye... Thats natural, but he rest of it can **** off

Maybe after a generation of failure (apart from two or three highlights), they have a right to be unhappy. Rae's reign has been one of abject failure. :angry:

As Ive said, people have a right to be unhappy and shout and swear... But the big 'wahey' etc is poor.

I also dont see why someone who misplaces a pass is a 'total cnut' or 'complete asrehole', or why somebody would scream this.

Counterproductive is spot on.

I think there's quite a large element in the hardcore Morton support not getting enough sex. Or any.

Having seen your coupon in person before Davie, i would put my house on it that you fall comfortably into this category! :D

"He's not the messiah........He's a very naughty boy!.............Now P*ss Off!"

I like you and all Davie, but you're not my type. Thanks for the offer anyway :blush:

You should be so lucky.

Having seen your coupon in person before Davie, i would put my house on it that you fall comfortably into this category! :D

I fall into a 'niche' category....... ^_^

MARTY OUT!!!!!

If the players tried and weren't so s***e they wouldn't get this treatment. Seems to me there is a simple way to stop it......

Not sure their effort is in question?

Think the attitude of people towards them is at least equally s***e.

For example, last week i thought effort on the part of the following was poor; Pecier, Page, Fulton, Campbell & Stirling and for me that is in question. They came trudging out at half time and looked like they couldnt be bothered either, maybe they could, but they certainly didnt look like it from where i was standing.

"He's not the messiah........He's a very naughty boy!.............Now P*ss Off!"

The team had no energy, no interest and absolutely no organisation. If that's them putting in a lot of effort, I am really worried. The pre-match warm up looked ok, and for 15 minutes they did compete. After that it was shocking. I don't blame people for questioning the effort from the team. I am more worried about organisation and motivation.

The team had no energy, no interest and absolutely no organisation. If that's them putting in a lot of effort, I am really worried. The pre-match warm up looked ok, and for 15 minutes they did compete. After that it was shocking. I don't blame people for questioning the effort from the team. I am more worried about organisation and motivation.

Agree. The thing that really annoys me is how badly the team react when the opposition score. Their heads immediately go down, when they should be showing grit and determination to fight back.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

For example, last week i thought effort on the part of the following was poor; Pecier, Page, Fulton, Campbell & Stirling and for me that is in question. They came trudging out at half time and looked like they couldnt be bothered either, maybe they could, but they certainly didnt look like it from where i was standing.

Seriously? The same Stephen Stirling who started his first game in approximately a year? The same one who was our only remotely productive player?

AWMSC

Dunoon_Ton, do you happen to stand right over at the WDE end of the Shed?

A guy behind us absolutely slated Stirling when he chased a loose ball (and got to it) for not sprinting over fast enough. I'd never heard such twatiness in my entire time watching Morton, and that says a lot.

TTG JIM!!!

if playing for Morton (or any professional football team) was my profession I would train really hard and work every day to become the best player I can be.

I doubt whether some of our lads have this same drive and commitment, or they think they've already made it because their coupon was in the Daily Record once!? You hear reports that the top pros stay back after training to work on free kicks etc. I wonder if any of our boys do that?

Most of them obviously have the talent, but the discipline and application seems to be lacking.

Unless the average Cowshed punter is being paid handsomely to happy-clap each week, that's not a particularly relevant comparison.

As it is though, the bare 1200 who'll be at Saturday's game have the right to do whatever they want, within the law, without having to care about your 'down with this sort of thing' objections.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

if playing for Morton (or any professional football team) was my profession I would train really hard and work every day to become the best player I can be.

I doubt whether some of our lads have this same drive and commitment, or they think they've already made it because their coupon was in the Daily Record once!? You hear reports that the top pros stay back after training to work on free kicks etc. I wonder if any of our boys do that?

Most of them obviously have the talent, but the discipline and application seems to be lacking.

I think they players no longer trust the management team, in my own opinion I feel Moore has lost the dressing room. Time for a change now and put some life back into our team before it becomes to late.

Archived