Thread About Ex Player - Page 98 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Can we take a moment to appreciate Darren Cole's contribution to Livingston's impending relegation?

Truly devastated he didn't remain with us.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I can't stand snake employees at the club trying to worm their way into the dugout themselves with no credible justification (Grady/McManus) or undermining the managerial staff by being generally embittered, useless hangers-on from the club's old players' network (Collins). Draw a Venn diagram of those two blights on this once-proud football club and you'll find 'Hoppy' in the middle: sulking that the club wouldn't hand over the first team reins to a reserve coach with no credible experience, then bizarrely kept on to stink out the Shiels regime from within and leak stories to his mates.

And because of that, I take great delight in seeing his current plight. It couldn't really happen to a more deserving club or manager.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I can't stand snake employees at the club trying to worm their way into the dugout themselves with no credible justification (Grady/McManus) or undermining the managerial staff by being generally embittered, useless hangers-on from the club's old players' network (Collins). Draw a Venn diagram of those two blights on this once-proud football club and you'll find 'Hoppy' in the middle: sulking that the club wouldn't hand over the first team reins to a reserve coach with no credible experience, then bizarrely kept on to stink out the Shiels regime from within and leak stories to his mates.

And because of that, I take great delight in seeing his current plight. It couldn't really happen to a more deserving club or manager.

(I can't do a multi quote with this machine)... but I'm not sure your typically scathing response is an accurate depiction of Hoppy's involvement with the club. it was clear that he and Shiels rarely got within spitting range of each other when they were on the touchline. Maybe he was an unwanted present from Dougie - which Shiels didn't want to open. But Kenny hardly covered himself in glory with his inflexible approach to the game with a limited squad. Maybe if he had 'managed' Hoppy he could've got more out of him and the team at the same time. I don't really have any inside on this tbf

• Downvote 1

Show Racism the Red Card

That's a remarkable amount of buts and maybes and suppositions for someone who in the end admits to having "no inside track". Your (gormless, happyclapping) opinion isn't exactly held in high regards in this particular circle either so I think I'll be filing your revisionism in the bin. After all, I'm sure Shiels isn't losing sleep over having missed out on the lost 'talents' of a relegation-bound diddy.

Edited by vikingTON
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

He's a significant Morton shareholder and I fail to understand the reflex hate reaction towards a guy with Morton in his heart who is having a tough time with a failing club. Then again what else would one expect from the clown car poster in question.... Surely not more word salad?

I think Dennis played a couple of games in 1965/66 when Erik Sorensen was injured.[/quote

3 games in 1965/66 and one the following year. If you have the Images of Sport book he is pictured on Page 44 , punching clear against Stirling Albion. Morton won 4-2 that day at Annfield Park, but it was a rare victory in a relegation season.

He's a significant Morton shareholder and I fail to understand the reflex hate reaction towards a guy with Morton in his heart who is having a tough time with a failing club. Then again what else would one expect from the clown car poster in question.... Surely not more word salad?

If he's a Morton shareholder his position at Livingston sounds like a conflict of interest to me.

EOho8Pw.png

Guest Eric M.
I think Dennis played a couple of games in 1965/66 when Erik Sorensen was injured.[/quote

3 games in 1965/66 and one the following year. If you have the Images of Sport book he is pictured on Page 44 , punching clear against Stirling Albion. Morton won 4-2 that day at Annfield Park, but it was a rare victory in a relegation season.

I don't have that book but the photo is in one of the programmes around that time.

He's a significant Morton shareholder

And what about it? This is a professional football club: not a glorified golf club that gives hauners to its membership.

and I fail to understand the reflex hate reaction towards a guy with Morton in his heart who is having a tough time with a failing club.

It's not "reflex hate" - it's justified contempt. As you would have noted had you actually read the post for comprehension and not in a laughable attempt at defending the 'honour' of some jobber ex-player.

Then again what else would one expect from the clown car poster in question.... Surely not more word salad?

Well more from yourself, certainly. Better luck next time.

Edited by vikingTON
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Feel free to point out where David Hopkin has been given the blame for the 2013-14 season; oh that's right - you can't. A bizarre attempt to segway from an analysis of Hopkin's conduct (delusional bid for the managerial post; failure as caretaker; failure of application; bitterness; leaking claims to his plethora of hangers-on and fawning dupes like Dr, Zhivago; slithering out the door in a huff) in favour of 'but... 10-2!'. Fooling absolutely no-one.

Still, it seems an apt moment for the thread to move back on topic. Ex-Morton player, failed Morton assistant manager and all-round embittered mess David Hopkin manages to relegate Livingston to the third tier.

_57921921_shiels.jpg

Dr. Zhivago. :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1