Thread About Ex Player - Page 93 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

John Gibson

Yes, he was awful.  I think we've had worse though.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Andy Brownrigg.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Tony Wallace, Darren McGeouch and Jamie McCormack are not even close to being the worst players ever at Morton.

Agree on the other two, but I'd be inclined to have Wallace on my shortlist mostly for the fact there's not really extenuating circumstances with him. It's not some wee guy we picked up from Celtic youths or a gamble on a foreigner or whatever, he's a player a manager (presumably) actively scouted for a side that should have been going in to the season with intentions of competing at the top end of the First Division, was actually somehow deemed good enough to even merit a second glance and was then signed for actual real money and was actually allowed to play for two seasons.

I suppose maybe on a purely individual, pound-for-pound level there may worse (such as Simmons, Toto etc), but  all things considered Wallace was absolutely fuckin horrific.

AWMSC

Err... Adam Coakley.

Thread winner right there. Comfortably the worst player I've seen in a Morton shirt.

I have previously said John Gibson when asked this question in the past, but I recall having a chat with someone about him who said he had been a really solid lower league player for all of his career but was just finished when we signed him. I can understand why Peter Cormack signed him given his past bus he was completely finished at Morton.

As for the boys from st kitts and nevis - no idea how good they were since I'm sure they never played a game for us. The only sight the fans ever got of them was sitting in amongst the fans at a midweek game at Airdrie.

We also paid fees for Iain Diack and Kieran McAnespie.

Incredible stuff.

Dunno why he reminded me of him, but remember we (allegedly) signed the wrong Marc(k) McCulloch? That was a pretty odd situation, ended up only playing about 10 games, would probably have been totally unremarkable if it wasn't for the those rumours.

Edited by EanieMeany

AWMSC

Tony Wallace, Darren McGeouch and Jamie McCormack are not even close to being the worst players ever at Morton.

Jonathon Toto, Donovan Simmonds, Gavin Redmond, John Adam, Kevin Kelbie, the list is pretty much endless to be fair!!

John Adam was absolute dung though!!