Thread About Ex Player - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

I'd happily take Monti back to proivde a bit more cover on the left. He's a decent enough player.

Think he's burned too many bridges, I would have kept him after he rejected the lower offer contract... but not after rejecting the second one at the same wages to try and squeeze more money out of either us or another club.

He's an okay player, but would be amazing if he was half as good as he (or his agent) thought he was.

Although perhaps, after his time at Kings Park, reality will have hit in.

David Witteveen has scored his second hat-trick of the season tonight in a 6-1 win for FC Lustenau in Austria's 2nd tier.

That's his 8th goal of the season. 8 in 16 in the league.

Toto also got his tenth of the season tonight! :lol:

Edited by ThornTON

• 3 weeks later...
Think he's burned too many bridges, I would have kept him after he rejected the lower offer contract... but not after rejecting the second one at the same wages to try and squeeze more money out of either us or another club.

He's an okay player, but would be amazing if he was half as good as he (or his agent) thought he was.

Although perhaps, after his time at Kings Park, reality will have hit in.

Thought he could get more money, turned out he was over ambitious. Not his wisest move but one he'll have learned from no doubt. I'd definitely have him back, even to play at left back. He wasn't very good there either but at least he offered better passing and crossing going forward. And his free-kicks and penalties weren't bad either.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Thought he could get more money, turned out he was over ambitious. Not his wisest move but one he'll have learned from no doubt. I'd definitely have him back, even to play at left back. He wasn't very good there either but at least he offered better passing and crossing going forward. And his free-kicks and penalties weren't bad either.

Agree with that - and surely wouldn't cost much now he's learned his lesson? Although I'd put McKinaly ahead of him to be honest.

• 3 weeks later...

Kevin Kelbie - 1 goal, 1 assist in 15 games (8 starts) in the Northern Irish Premier. Both the assist and the goal were in a 3-3 draw with Allan Jenkins side Ballymena United.

Incidentally, Jenkins got his only two assists that day (he has one goal as well, in 16 full games).

Kevin Kelbie - 1 goal, 1 assist in 15 games (8 starts) in the Northern Irish Premier. Both the assist and the goal were in a 3-3 draw with Allan Jenkins side Ballymena United.

Incidentally, Jenkins got his only two assists that day (he has one goal as well, in 16 full games).

Posted this on another thread, but relevant here. Jenkins scored for Ballymena last midweek to help them into the semi-final of the Northern Ireland league Cup. Was wondering how he was doing over there, didn't find much, but he appears to have been an ever-present this season and is club captain... also read a chant the fans have about 'Jenky' lifting the cup. Would seem he is doing fine...

• 2 weeks later...

David MacGregor has signed a new contract with Stranraer until the end of the season. Doing well so far, managed to play in 7 of their league games so far.

He does seem to get subbed a lot for a centre back, only completed 90 minutes four times out the seven!