Thread About Ex Player - Page 322 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Tidser apparently offered £600 a week to play part-time at Queens Park.

Whether the offer is still on the table I'm not sure but Craig Slater can't be on pennies either.

Scary money for League 2 but if there's one manager who knows how to make a mess of a promotion bid with the biggest budget in the league it's the Snake.

Tidser apparently offered £600 a week to play part-time at Queens Park.

Whether the offer is still on the table I'm not sure but Craig Slater can't be on pennies either.

Scary money for League 2 but if there's one manager who knows how to make a mess of a promotion bid with the biggest budget in the league it's the Snake.

Buttons to what he was apparently on at Falkirk..

He really wasn’t ‘brilliant’ or ‘superb’: which helps explain why his next move was to Queen of the South rather than any sort of credible, ambitious football club. The revisionism on display about his performances on here however is genuinely laughable.

Not revisionism at all Champ

The guy was our player of the season ran up and down the pitch and busted a gut for the team

Went to Queens because he couldn’t wait on ton giving a him a new deal

• Downvote 1

Not revisionism at all Champ

The guy was our player of the season ran up and down the pitch and busted a gut for the team

Went to Queens because he couldn’t wait on ton giving a him a new deal

1) Harkins wasn’t our player of the season

2) Harkins ran up and down the pitch as if towing a caravan, so not helpful to the team at all

3) He ‘busted a gut’ only by virtue of being slow and old; I’m sure a gold star for all this supposed effort in doing his job is in the post though

4) Harkins signed for Queen of the South in the first week of May so there was no actual pressing need for a deal to be on the table. He chose to move in a tantrum.

So that’s complete and utter revisionism from start to finish then about some completely mediocre, over the hill jobber with ideas above his station then. Thanks for playing anyway champ.

Edited by vikingTON

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1) Harkins wasn’t our player of the season

2) Harkins ran up and down the pitch as if towing a caravan, so not helpful to the team at all

3) He ‘busted a gut’ only by virtue of being slow and old; I’m sure a gold star for all this supposed effort in doing his job is in the post though

4) Harkins signed for Queen of the South in the first week of May so there was no actual pressing need for a deal to be on the table. He chose to move in a tantrum.

So that’s complete and utter revisionism from start to finish then about some completely mediocre, over the hill jobber with ideas above his station then. Thanks for playing anyway champ.

Just your opinion Champ nothing more
  • Upvote 1

That depends on his personal circumstances. Mortgages, bills, family etc. If a solid offer is on the table on the one hand, and you’ve been told there is a risk of not being made an offer on the other, then there’s no real choice to be made.

• Upvote 1

That depends on his personal circumstances. Mortgages, bills, family etc. If a solid offer is on the table on the one hand, and you’ve been told there is a risk of not being made an offer on the other, then there’s no real choice to be made.

Yes there is. When almost every other player across the league setup does just that. Jumping early most definitely was the exception not the rule.

I thought Harkins was excellent for us, but we're a couple of years on and he has hardly been getting a game for Thistle.  We have better options in midfield with Lyon, Cadden, Nesbitt, Colville & Jacobs, plus Millar and Mcallister if need be.  Far more important is getting another striker.  I liked Harkins as a player and he seems a nice guy, but sadly I think he is too far gone to improve our squad.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Yes there is. When almost every other player across the league setup does just that. Jumping early most definitely was the exception not the rule.

Whether it’s the exception or the rule doesn’t really matter. It depends on personal circumstances.

Spare me another chapter from the Michael Tidser Book of Sob Stories about a profession in which relative job insecurity should have been perfectly obvious to them when they chose to remain ‘working’ within it.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Spare me another chapter from the Michael Tidser Book of Sob Stories about a profession in which relative job insecurity should have been perfectly obvious to them when they chose to remain ‘working’ within it.

I’m sure it is obvious. Hence why he took up the offer of a good contract when it was made.

Whether it’s the exception or the rule doesn’t really matter. It depends on personal circumstances.

Well no, it really does matter when Harkins and his big mates try to tell anyone who’d listen that GMFC treated him shoddily by ‘refusing!!!!!1111!!!!!!’ to place a contract extension on a velvet pillow for him to sign within the first few days of the season ending. When in reality, he was afforded the exact same courtesy as any other lower league jobber with no sell-on value would receive at that time in the season by any professional football club.

And you know his explicit personal circumstances seeing as you explicitly stated he had 'no choice'?

No. And I don’t care. But I wouldn’t criticise someone for taking up a good contract offer when the alternative is to wait on an offer that may or may not come. It’s just a job after all.

I’m sure it is obvious. Hence why he took up the offer of a good contract when it was made.

1) You’ve actually got no idea whether it was a ‘good contract offer’ or not: the mere presence of one on the table was after all Harkins’ primary (and ridiculous) concern

2) A contract that of course worked out so well both for him and the club in question, what with him managing to get emptied for being shite within seven months.

Well no, it really does matter when Harkins and his big mates try to tell anyone who’d listen that GMFC treated him shoddily by ‘refusing!!!!!1111!!!!!!’ to place a contract extension on a velvet pillow for him to sign within the first few days of the season ending. When in reality, he was afforded the exact same courtesy as any other lower league jobber with no sell-on value would receive at that time in the season by any professional football club.

Haven’t heard that complaining, but yeah - he was in the same position as other out of contract players, was made a firm offer elsewhere and took it.