Thread About Ex Player - Page 321 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Had a look to see if Dykes signed permanently with Stenhousemuir after we released him, but it says on their official site that it was them that terminated his loan early rather than us.

What a signing for us that was, Johansson.

I'd take Harkins back.

A player who was completely finished three years ago; get in the sea.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I'd take Harkins back.

I'm not sure if we should be continuing with a policy of taking the bottom club's failures.

He's 35 now and has started one match this season (he managed the first half of a cup match against Penicuik). I'd take him back if he was still the same player as he was two years ago, but it doesn't look like he is. I don't think it would make sense for us to take a risk on a player like Harkins.

Having Harkins would maybe help Reece Lyons development as well

If I were Lyon at this stage in his career I’d be setting slightly higher standards for myself than ‘flopping in the English lower leagues, settling for the Scottish second tier and waltzing about WordUp as if you’re Neymar’. Not sure what other stunning contribution Harkins would offer tbh.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

What is it with so many fans wetting the bed over the return of former players who have either chosen to move on and/or are past it? Settling for cast-offs from teams below us in the league shows no ambition.

Edited by HamCam

He really wasn’t ‘brilliant’ or ‘superb’: which helps explain why his next move was to Queen of the South rather than any sort of credible, ambitious football club. The revisionism on display about his performances on here however is genuinely laughable.

Harkins played really well in a few games and he seemed like a decent guy, but he wasn’t able to consistently sustain his performance levels. He’s also that bit older now, had a serious injury and not likely to even regain the fitness level he had during his previous spell here, never mind bring the sort of energy we need in the midfield.

Wish him well and all that.