Thread About Ex Player - Page 239 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

I always thought that Peaso would end up as player/manager or something along those lines at Stirling. He's been there a while and has all his coaching badges. 

Think he's got a decent coaching role in the Rangers* youth academy. 

Meanwhile, down in a s***ehole in Yorkshire, David 'Hoppy' Hopkin's disastrous (sub 'and short-lived' when he gets punted) tenure as Bradford boss took another turn for the worse this evening - sworded 2-4 on their own midden by Coventry to sink to the bottom of the division. Between Zhivago's hot tip for him to crack the English game somehow being a pile of s***e and Livingston going from strength to strength in his absence, it seems that 'Hoppy's' managerial stock is plummeting rapidly. 

Edited by vikingTON
  • Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Meanwhile, down in a s***ehole in Yorkshire, David 'Hoppy' Hopkin's disastrous (sub 'and short-lived' when he gets punted) tenure as Bradford boss took another turn for the worse this evening - sworded 2-4 on their own midden by Coventry to sink to the bottom of the division. Between Zhivago's hot tip for him to crack the English game somehow being a pile of s***e and Livingston going from strength to strength in his absence, it seems that 'Hoppy's' managerial stock is plummeting rapidly.

All hilarious but out of curiosity what do you have against Hopkin? He was an outstanding player for us prior to his move and has an affection for the club. I believe he's even a shareholder.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Hmm... I tipped him to become the Bradford manager months before he got the job. At no point did I say whether or not he'd do well - impossible to predict that. You're very good at making stuff up to suit your ramblings.

Agree though, typical football management, his stock will have plummeted in the last two months. He could easily be sacked by Christmas..

As above, what do you have against Hopkin? A Morton supporter, shareholder... and a decent guy.

Edited by Clydeview
  • Downvote 6

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Forest Green Rovers SURGE into the playoff spots in EFL League Two as Gavin Gunning marshals his defence to a 3-1 win over Tranmere Rovers in a classic six-pointer. With this SWORDING the shock troops of Nailsworth leapfrog the Birkenhead sleeping giants into 6th place. Sir Gav was last seen helicoptering his massive 'chopper' around the dressing room at The New Lawn, following the news that his previous club, Port Vale FC, had only managed a share of the points at Stevenage.

• Upvote 2

EOho8Pw.png

On the two occasions where David Hopkin was caretaker-manager he was pretty unspectacular. In fact there was nothing to suggest that he would become a great manager.

Granted, he done very well at Livingston and deserves credit for this, however he found his level and will rue the day he left to explore his career at a bigger club.

Edited by capitanus

*insert signature here*

On the two occasions where David Hopkin was caretaker-manager he was pretty unspectacular. In fact there was nothing to suggest that he would become a great manager.

Granted, he done very well at Livingston and deserves credit for this, however he found his level and will rue the day he left to explore his career at a bigger club.

Which manager wouldn't want to move to a bigger club on the back of a couple of successful years? An unambitious one...

Luckily for him he was in the position to be able to take a gamble and leave a relatively secure job at Livi.

• Downvote 5

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

All hilarious but out of curiosity what do you have against Hopkin? He was an outstanding player for us prior to his move and has an affection for the club. I believe he's even a shareholder.

Whether Hopkin was a good player twenty-five years ago is irrelevant to me and I'm sure many others by now; I judge him solely on his conduct as an employee of the club in recent years. After being utterly crap in his caretaker management role in 2013-14, Hopkin quite clearly took the huff about not getting the job. Rather than displaying his 'affection for the club' by contributing in a positive manner to the Kenny Shiels regime, Hopkin was IMO the chief suspect for leaking gossipy details from behind the scenes as he hung around like a bad smell until April 2014. The same conduct that his fellow traveler 'Hagi' was up to in the post more recently. It doesn't matter how many games you played for the club, whether you're a shareholder or if you fancy your chances as manager yourself - nothing gives you the right to rock the boat from the inside at this institution. As assistant manager, you are there to pick up some cones and stay within your clearly marked box. 

The only real difference between Hopkin and an utter snake like James Grady is that Hopkin was too incompetent to knife his way into the dugout on a permanent basis. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

NB: Plus that utter berk Zhivago has aligned with 'Hoppy' on here, which makes his an automatically lost cause. Which Bradford fans are discovering for themselves right now. 

greggy.png

Edited by vikingTON
  • Upvote 1

Whether Hopkin was a good player twenty-five years ago is irrelevant to me and I'm sure many others by now; I judge him solely on his conduct as an employee of the club in recent years. After being utterly crap in his caretaker management role in 2013-14, Hopkin quite clearly took the huff about not getting the job. Rather than displaying his 'affection for the club' by contributing in a positive manner to the Kenny Shiels regime, Hopkin was IMO the chief suspect for leaking gossipy details from behind the scenes as he hung around like a bad smell until April 2014. The same conduct that his fellow traveler 'Hagi' was up to in the post more recently. It doesn't matter how many games you played for the club, whether you're a shareholder or if you fancy your chances as manager yourself - nothing gives you the right to rock the boat from the inside at this institution. As assistant manager, you are there to pick up some cones and stay within your clearly marked box.

The only real difference between Hopkin and an utter snake like James Grady is that Hopkin was too incompetent to knife his way into the dugout on a permanent basis.

You don’t half talk shite.

• Upvote 1

What a load of pish.

• Upvote 2

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"